Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by gessa »

They were very lucky in their opener to Millwall then followed that with a high scoring win at a poor Brentford, then they lost to a poor Barnsley team. Good result for them last night following a very good result last Saturday, so confidence should be high, how many of their first team played last night and how it will affect them i don't know. I'm expecting us to get a narrow margin win but we really could do with a striker which doesnt seem likely, Roofe should be chomping at the bit after Tuesday and his confidence should be high too.

ps what are the odds on Rafa being the first PL manager to be sacked.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:They were very lucky in their opener to Millwall then followed that with a high scoring win at a poor Brentford, then they lost to a poor Barnsley team. Good result for them last night following a very good result last Saturday, so confidence should be high, how many of their first team played last night and how it will affect them i don't know. I'm expecting us to get a narrow margin win but we really could do with a striker which doesnt seem likely, Roofe should be chomping at the bit after Tuesday and his confidence should be high too.

ps what are the odds on Rafa being the first PL manager to be sacked.
3/1 2nd favourites mate

I certainly didn't think they were no certs to stay up
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Pretty sure you can't put a clause in to a contract like that when you sell a player. If we had loaned him then it would have been a different story
gessa

Post by gessa »

danhirons wrote:Pretty sure you can't put a clause in to a contract like that when you sell a player. If we had loaned him then it would have been a different story
I think you're correct Dan, a gentleman's agreement perhaps.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Forrest beat Newcastle 3-2 in the cup. Jason Cummings with a brace.
They will not be a walkover. Played some neat fast passing. Click the link to see the opposition.

Newcastle 2 Forrest 3
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

You can ask but as he is no longer our player you can't really enforce anything like you can with a loan deal. The only way around it would have been to have delayed the signing until after the match but then you are paying another week's wages and also running the risk of Forest switching to an alternative target or Bridcutt getting injured etc. In reality if he was our 5th/6th choice midfield but good enough to start for them then it should mean we are much the better team but we all know that he will have his one blinder for the season and probably score his first goal in years.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I would be amazed if there is no gentlemen's agreement in place to say LB cant play on Saturday. I am 99.9% sure he wont be available for Forest tbh otherwise surely Leeds would have delayed the deal till next week. Would be sheer stupidity on our part to let Forest play him on Saturday.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Why would be worried about one of our cast offs, surely we wouldn't mind him playing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Team I would go with:

------------------------------------Wiedwald-------------------------------------

Ayling-----------------Jansson-----------------Cooper-------------------Anita

-------------------------Phillips--------------------O'Kane------------------------

Alioski--------------------------------Saiz---------------------------------Dallas

----------------------------------------Roofe------------------------------------------

Subs: Green, Shaughnessy, Borthwick-Jackson, Klich, Vieira, Hernandez, Grot.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:Team I would go with:

------------------------------------Wiedwald-------------------------------------

-------------------------Phillips--------------------O'Kane------------------------

Alioski--------------------------------Saiz---------------------------------Dallas

----------------------------------------Roofe------------------------------------------

If Hernandez is fit I think he will start ahead of Dallas. The rest looks the likely starting team
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Pretty much agree that will be the team
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I thought Anita was crocked against Newport so I think it will be CBJ at left back
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

TC said Anita's knock was only minor so he should be fit.

Despite he's hat trick in midweek, I am not convinced that Roofe has the capabilities to lead the line, especially against much better opposition such as Forest.

The new lad Grot will be buzzing, I would throw him, he will be an unknown quantity to Forest - hopefully he can hold the ball up and get the likes of Samu, Gianni and Pablo work their magic around him.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Gurj wrote:TC said Anita's knock was only minor so he should be fit.

Despite he's hat trick in midweek, I am not convinced that Roofe has the capabilities to lead the line, especially against much better opposition such as Forest.

The new lad Grot will be buzzing, I would throw him, he will be an unknown quantity to Forest - hopefully he can hold the ball up and get the likes of Samu, Gianni and Pablo work their magic around him.
Would be harsh on Roofe after a mid-week hat trick to throw in the new lad....think we have to start Roofe but we do look desperately like we need a proven front man before the window shuts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:TC said Anita's knock was only minor so he should be fit.

I would too Gurj :tup:

He's fit & ready to start
gessa

Post by gessa »

Looking around, it appears Forest's weakness is the back 4, so we need to expose this.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pablo Hernandez fine for the weekend
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

TC Pre-Match interview.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Radio commentators had a hell of a time trying to pronounce Shaughnessy
I wonder how they will fare with Grot? One thing to be thankful for we will
no longer hear Woods.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Radio commentators had a hell of a time trying to pronounce Shaughnessy
I wonder how they will fare with Grot? One thing to be thankful for we will
no longer hear Woods.
Kirwin never call it right :oops: