Friday's Breakfast Debate - Stuart Dallas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Friday's Breakfast Debate - Stuart Dallas

Post by 1964white »

Good morning everyone

Norwich want to sign Stuart Dallas.

Norwich, the club who pinched our stars on the cheap like Bradley Johnson, Snodds, Howson and Becchio
Norwich, the club who swapped Becchio for Steve Morison

Norwich, the club who refused to sell Sergi Canos to us, opting for Brentford instead.

One player we managed to sign Adam Drury, lasted only a couple of games, and was instrumental in Snodgrass joining his former club.

Now, they want Dallas!!!

Do we sell SD to our possible rivals ?

What fee would you be happy if we allowed Dallas to leave Leeds?
gessa

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Stuart Dallas

Post by gessa »

Keep Dallas he showed Saturday his value to the team, it's a long hard season, we're going to need a big squad.

Now if they want Sacko, that's another matter.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

We should keep him .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A tricky one as for the majority of his Leeds career he has not really hit the heights. This season however he has looked a lot better, scoring regularly in pre-season and then also scoring and looking more threatening in competitive matches. The trouble we have though is that there is a lot of competition for places with Allioski & Hernandez being the preferred starting 2 and then Roofe also coming into the equation and Grot can also play out wide. Sacko as well but he seems well down the pecking order and hopefully we can loan him out.
There is also the contract situation and with less than a year left it would appear that we wither haven't offered him a new deal or he has been offered a deal but hasn't signed it. Whichever it is it would appear that he would be on his way as if we don't value him enough to offer a new deal then why keep him, and if he is refusing to sign a new deal then it shows a lack of commitment and the club would be better of selling him (albeit you could understand Dallas not signing if he feels he is well down the pecking order for a starting place).
It may also be that we use him as a bargaining chip, i.e. to Norwich if we were looking to sign Oliveira, or to Brentford for their winger.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Keep Dallas he showed Saturday his value to the team, it's a long hard season, we're going to need a big squad.

Now if they want Sacko, that's another matter
That's a better option mate :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:A tricky one as for the majority of his Leeds career he has not really hit the heights. This season however he has looked a lot better, scoring regularly in pre-season and then also scoring and looking more threatening in competitive matches. The trouble we have though is that there is a lot of competition for places with Allioski & Hernandez being the preferred starting 2 and then Roofe also coming into the equation and Grot can also play out wide. Sacko as well but he seems well down the pecking order and hopefully we can loan him out.
There is also the contract situation and with less than a year left it would appear that we wither haven't offered him a new deal or he has been offered a deal but hasn't signed it. Whichever it is it would appear that he would be on his way as if we don't value him enough to offer a new deal then why keep him, and if he is refusing to sign a new deal then it shows a lack of commitment and the club would be better of selling him (albeit you could understand Dallas not signing if he feels he is well down the pecking order for a starting place).
It may also be that we use him as a bargaining chip, i.e. to Norwich if we were looking to sign Oliveira, or to Brentford for their winger
Dallas has done well under TC, yes if we could use him as a bargaining tool to bring in a better player, all well & good. If not keep him !
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Stuart Dallas

Post by Rex deWolf »

gessa wrote:Keep Dallas he showed Saturday his value to the team, it's a long hard season, we're going to need a big squad.

Couldn't agree with you more mate. Dallas is multi functional, can play on either wing, provides assists for others and a few goals himself, always gives 100%, and loves Leeds. Sacko is Sacko........

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Dallas should stay. Honest player, always gives 100%, and has added goals to his team contributions. As Ges said, can play in a number of positions, that's the sort of squad player you want.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Dallas should stay. He scored some cracking goals in pre-season
and his header from the Saiz cross was a peach. Last season he baled
out Charlie Talyor many times with his tracking back and doubling up
on the oppositions wingers. Always rate him 100% for effort.

The only way I would let him go is if we get Nelson Oliviera
from Norwich in his place. That would be a shrewd bit of business.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He is a decent squad player in my opinion but not a starter, jack of all trades.
If part exchange Dallas knocked a few mill of Oliveiras price and that allowed us to go get Jota for example then all for that, otherwise no. Or maybe see if Brentford would accept a part exchange for Jota
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd keep for anything under 5 million
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote:Dallas should stay. He scored some cracking goals in pre-season
and his header from the Saiz cross was a peach. Last season he baled
out Charlie Talyor many times with his tracking back and doubling up
on the oppositions wingers. Always rate him 100% for effort.

The only way I would let him go is if we get Nelson Oliviera
from Norwich in his place. That would be a shrewd bit of business.
I think his work rate in helping out his defender is over looked by many Rab. :tup:

I would let him go as exchange for Jota though.
gessa

Post by gessa »

TC in his presser.

He'll speak about Green going to Huddesfield after the Forest game.
He wants Dallas to stay, he his part of his plans.
Expecting only one more signing, a Striker.
Hernandez fit for weekend.
Penninton and Berardi to start training after international break
No news on Ekuban
Sacko not in the squad for Forest but will be back with the first team next week ( not sure what this means, where as he been?)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

If Dallas is in his plans surely we must be getting him signed up as I think he's just gone in to last year of his deal? We seem to have done so much good work getting people tied up that this must be in the offing.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

lufc1304 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 am
Dallas should stay. Honest player, always gives 100%, and has added goals to his team contributions. As Ges said, can play in a number of positions, that's the sort of squad player you want.
I agree - I'd keep Dallas no matter what - he's probably our best 'total footballer' who could probably play in many positions, and never underestimate the value of that ability. We've needed a 'Madeley' for a long time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:TC in his presser.

He'll speak about Green going to Huddesfield after the Forest game.
He wants Dallas to stay, he his part of his plans.
Expecting only one more signing, a Striker.
Hernandez fit for weekend.
Penninton and Berardi to start training after international break
No news on Ekuban
Sacko not in the squad for Forest but will be back with the first team next week ( not sure what this means, where as he been?)
Good to hear Pablo is fit again :-D

Hernandez & Saiz are on the same wavelength
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:I agree - I'd keep Dallas no matter what - he's probably our best 'total footballer' who could probably play in many positions, and never underestimate the value of that ability. We've needed a 'Madeley' for a long time.
Hope Hector doesnt mind but ditto :lol: ( very good point about a 'Madeley')
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Big ditto on this one :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Hope Hector doesnt mind but ditto :lol: ( very good point about a 'Madeley')
Madeley v Dallas :roflmao:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Madeley v Dallas :roflmao:
Only surprised you hadn't made the comparison yourself.