Forest v Leeds - MAN OF THE MATCH

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Forest v Leeds - MAN OF THE MATCH

Post by 1964white »

Your top 3 players

Wiedwald
Ayling
Jansson
Cooper
Anita
Phillips
O’Kane
Hernandez
Saiz
Alioski
Roofe
Grot
Dallas
Vieira
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Forest v Leeds - MAN OF THE MATCH

Post by The Subhuman »

Alioski
Saiz
Anita
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Alioski
Phillips
Saiz.

Difficult to leave Dobbo out
hector

Post by hector »

Couldn't watch as my pc is eating up bandwidth, so just got Faaips commentry ( thank you)... So I cannot vote again./.

Once I have formatted re-installed everything etc I should be able to watch again....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Once again Saiz seemed to be at the heart of everything good and was always wanting the ball. Whilst I don't like the imaginary card waving I can hardly blame him for it when he and Alioski seem to be cynically fouled every week by opponents who don't possess a tenth of their skill so just kick out at them. Bridcutt's foul was woeful but sadly we are seeing this type of foul committed on these 2 every week.

Alioski continues to impress with his phenomenal work rate and speed. All that had been lacking prior to yesterday was seeing him lash one into the net and what a great finish it was, the first of many I hope.

Phillips continues to do the dirty work to allow others to play and like Cooper seems to be revelling in the confidence TC seems to be giving him. At the start of the season no one would have predicted him and Cooper to be worthy starters.

Defensively we were solid and looking like the defence is getting an understanding of each other and Felix complimented them well by reading the game well and coming off his line quickly on a couple of occasions to smother the danger. Some seem to play down his importance in those situation as if it was simply routine but contrast it to Silvestre, for example, who wouldn't have come off his line or been slow to anticipate the danger and then been caught in no mans land coming out and having to spread himself to try to make a save as the forward would have got to the ball first. Stats wise they are probably not even classed as saves but without Felix reading the danger then Forest are probably having 2 very decent chances.

My MOM

Allioski, Saiz, Phillips (although 3rd could have gone to anyone as everyone played well)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Alioski
Phillips
Roofe

I'd like to give it to our own Top Cat - Thomas already the best manager we've had for years just hope it continues and we keep hold of him.

Other mentions have to go to the rest of the team brilliant from back to front, like I said yesterday with our fluid, ever pressing front four, our strong winning midfield and the best back four in the league we are playing like Liverpool wish they could, please note Mr Kloop this is how to have a great attacking team built on a proper defence.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Alioski
Phillips
O'Kane
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Alioski
Saiz
Phillips
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Alioski
Phillips
Anita
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

Phillips - covered a huge amount of ground to keep Forest quiet, passed simple and well, assist for the second goal.

Anita - always looked composed whether defending or getting forward.

Alioksi - took some time to get going against Traore, but fantastic after 40 mins or so.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Alioski ( for punching Traore in the dick so many times that at the end of the match Traore could not run )
Cooper ( For heading a dick punching header for Roofe to score )
Phillips ( for putting in dick punching tackles and supplying the pass for Alioski to score)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The pass for the second goal came from Siaz I think
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Good performances all over the pitch yesterday, but my top 3 are:

Alioski
Phillips
Saiz

with honourable mentions to everyone else involved!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Very difficult this one - could have picked three at random, and not been far off. However, I'll go with:

1. Alioski
2. Phillips
3. Wiedwald - I can't believe that people were only giving him 5/10 on the match thread. Thought he was excellent yesterday.

Saiz might have got in without his card waving antics.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Very difficult this one - could have picked three at random, and not been far off. However, I'll go with:

1. Alioski
2. Phillips
3. Wiedwald - I can't believe that people were only giving him 5/10 on the match thread. Thought he was excellent yesterday
Ridiculous score, his quick thinking coming off his line saved us a couple of times, something Silvestri or Green rarely did.

8/10 for me
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Ridiculous score, his quick thinking coming off his line saved us a couple of times, something Silvestri or Green rarely did.

8/10 for me

Cheers ..Gessa and I take on board your criticism and it won't happen again..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:Cheers ..Gessa and I take on board your criticism and it won't happen again..
I think it's fair to say he remains unconvincing on crosses but hasn't been overly tested on those since the Port Vale and Bolton games. He has shown the strengths he does have though with his reading of the game and alertness to come off his line, preventing 2 potential goal scoring opportunities yesterday by getting to the ball first. He is a huge upgrade in my opinion on Marco Silvestre and from what we have seen so far is better than Green at some things and weaker at others - whether overall he proves to be the better keeper we will find out over the season but certainly I think he deserved at least a 7 yesterday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Cheers ..Gessa and I take on board your criticism and it won't happen again..
Not a criticism Faaip, it's your opinion

Majority on our coach thought he had his best game for Leeds, maybe we read it wrong
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I just saw so many small errors and poor judgement

1 - Mis handled the first header juggling it slightly
2 - Fell over on the tame Bridcutt header, I always think that's a keeper trying to make it look like he's made a good save
3 - WTF was that control with the foot at waist height as the ball was going out for a goal kick, Mis-time that and it's a corner for free.
4 - Second week of poor kicking out, this week instead of a pass to the opposition it was a sliced clearance which could have gone anywhere.
5 - Not convinced by the coming off his goal line, We didn't get to see a replay at the time but it seemed to me he got there after the striker. Wouldn't have argued a pen there
6 - I don't like his coming for corners ...it's a disaster waiting to happen. I Don't think he's commanding his area yet. Our defenders seem to ignore him. What little punching out he's done has been dodgy.

He may settle in and it's a good thing he has no competition now, may take some pressure off with the better keeper now gone.

Also what's so special about his distribution?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1. Phillips (By some distance imo)
2. Alioski
3. Jansson

Picking the top 3 was incredibly difficult though as about 9 of the starting 11 probably deserved to be in the top 3 today.