THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN

Post by 1964white »

Well............ :lol:

TC's press conference today

Best news is O'Kane is fit for tomorrow's game :-D
1964white

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Shhhhhh Cjay....dont mention anyone kicking anyones cat to 64....he wont like it :wink:
Could never be cruel to any animal my dear Swan
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Can't view the video 64, but I really do like him. Talks a lot of sense with no bluster or huff and puff. Speaks honestly and openly...also seems to know his job very well :lol:
Is that better ?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Could never be cruel to any animal my dear Swan
I know that...me neither. We are animal lovers and I know that there are a few others on here as well... :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Is that better ?
Yes!!! Brilliant...thanks 64. How well does that man speak?..... :clap:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Yes!!! Brilliant...thanks 64. How well does that man speak?..... :clap:
Well :wink:

Seriously he comes across as a genuinely intelligent guy, obviously believes in his managerial skills, techniques & his own ability to get the best out of his squad
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

So far, he's much better than I thought he'd be - maybe a touch of genius in his handling of all aspects
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a smashing bloke our new coach is :-D

1964white

Post by 1964white »

I suspect he is not looking at Eddie in this interview :lol:

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Today's Press Conference

Phil Hay:
Thomas Christiansen's pre-QPR press conference at 12.30pm today. Latest on fitness of Hernandez, O'Kane, Dallas and Lasogga.
From Christiansen’s presser - O’Kane fit but Dallas and Lasogga miss QPR. TC feels they need another week. Hernandez also out - he was close but won’t be risked. #lufc
TC asked a lot about January. Not ruling deals out but doesn’t think signings are essential next month. Can Leeds make top six with the squad as it is? “I believe so.”
TC said Leeds have matched up well to the Championship so far. Knows the next few games are against teams in the bottom half but said it’s a mistake to think they are easier matches. #
TC picked out Matt Smith and Conor Washington as QPR’s threats. “If anything we need to be more focused in this game.

Adam Pope:
TC: “We are building confidence.... we will go there (QPR) believing we can take the 3 points.”
TEAM NEWS: Pablo Hernandez, Stuart Dallas & Pierre-Michel Lasogga all out of tomorrow’s match at QPR
TC says there was a chance for Hernandez to play but he did not want to risk him. Lasogga & Dallas should be available in 7-10 days.
TC on no winter break: “It will be special to enjoy it & live it in the best way to prepare for all the games
TC: “They have showed they are good enough to be in the top six.
TC says Eunan O’Kane is available after his hip problem
1964white

THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote:Today's Press Conference

Phil Hay:
Thomas Christiansen's pre-QPR press conference at 12.30pm today. Latest on fitness of Hernandez, O'Kane, Dallas and Lasogga.
From Christiansen’s presser - O’Kane fit but Dallas and Lasogga miss QPR. TC feels they need another week. Hernandez also out - he was close but won’t be risked. #lufc
TC asked a lot about January. Not ruling deals out but doesn’t think signings are essential next month. Can Leeds make top six with the squad as it is? “I believe so."
TC said Leeds have matched up well to the Championship so far. Knows the next few games are against teams in the bottom half but said it’s a mistake to think they are easier matches. #
TC picked out Matt Smith and Conor Washington as QPR’s threats. “If anything we need to be more focused in this game.

Adam Pope:
TC: “We are building confidence.... we will go there (QPR) believing we can take the 3 points.”
TEAM NEWS: Pablo Hernandez, Stuart Dallas & Pierre-Michel Lasogga all out of tomorrow’s match at QPR
TC says there was a chance for Hernandez to play but he did not want to risk him. Lasogga & Dallas should be available in 7-10 days.
TC on no winter break: “It will be special to enjoy it & live it in the best way to prepare for all the games
TC: “They have showed they are good enough to be in the top six.
TC says Eunan O’Kane is available after his hip problem
That is a very concerning statement if that is what he truly believes :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:That is a very concerning statement if that is what he truly believes :(
He cant really say "well my squads a bit poo" to be fair.

I have a good feeling about January.

TC strikes me as an intelligent man, he will know what we need.

Just up to Orta to deliver.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:That is a very concerning statement if that is what he truly believes :(
Several matches before January and would hardly have expected him to effectively say 'the squad is sh*t and a few of them are only playing till I get better players.'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Several matches before January and would hardly have expected him to effectively say 'the squad is sh*t and a few of them are only playing till I get better players.'
So no worries then as TC didn't mean it
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Credit TC.

We were poor in the 1st half.

Came out for the 2nd with more intensity, more pressing, more incisive passing, more movement.

QPR have beaten some good sides this season, could have been a tricky fixture, we handled it well.

TC deserves credit for how he has managed to turn it around, we were i awful form and TC stuck by his philosophy and style despite critics saying it wouldnt work in this league.

We arent perfect, TC isnt perfect, but he and the lads are learning :shirt:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Credit TC.

We were poor in the 1st half.

Came out for the 2nd with more intensity, more pressing, more incisive passing, more movement.

QPR have beaten some good sides this season, could have been a tricky fixture, we handled it well.

TC deserves credit for how he has managed to turn it around, we were i awful form and TC stuck by his philosophy and style despite critics saying it wouldnt work in this league.

We arent perfect, TC isnt perfect, but he and the lads are learning :shirt:
Yes Christiansen is still on a learning curve :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

You just have to look at Man City to see how hard it is to change a style of play and get immediate results. If Pep Guardiola hadn't got the big name he would have been sacked last season but you can't change how players play and get results immediately even when you have the quality of players that Man City have/had. This season shows that the team has got to grips with how PG wants them to play and are an amazing side. Yet Leeds fans expect TC to do the same at Leeds but immediately despite having far less quality at his disposal.

Our fans make Massimo Cellino look like a patient man.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thomas looking warm & cosy

I might wear mine on Saturday 8-)
Screenshot 2017-12-12 at 09.51.40.png