Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Re: Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by leedsalex »

I am starting to believe that maybe this is the year
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Thanks once again folks - didn't really get to see the game - having the downstairs painted and would have been in the way,
Another great win.
Alioski really a find isn't he!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

How long since we've been 3rd? I don't think we quite got there last season.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Forget the days when we used to loose the game in the last minutes of stoppage time.
The night we would go to bed thinking why does this always happen to us. The depressed
feeling that we had come so near yet fail. When you team fails it brings sleeplessness.

All that has gone. I feel buoyant. I feel good. I feel hope and joy, and that is so fine.
There is a surge of blood to the throat every time we break out of defence into attack.
There is an expectancy that goals are going to happen when the whole forward line
is breaking with pace. Gone are the days of a hopeful punt up to Wood and praying
for a positive result.

The way we are playing now is exciting and a joy to watch. I'm luving it.
Long may we continue to punch furry front bottoms.
Last edited by rab_rant on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Woo Hoo! Great result for the Mighty Leeds although I have missed the game I did follow on the live feed . Rab rant you are so right mate it makes you feel a kinda giddy and so early in season too. We are Leeds.MOT.Oh! a dreaded break next week .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Got to echo what you said Rab. Whenever we get the ball we seem to burst forward so quickly and have a real purpose about what we are doing. Gone is the ponderous playing the ball around until it got to Bartley to hoof it diagonally to Wood as our primary form of attacking.

Delighted that Alioski got his goal today. I feel he had been snatching at things a little with his shooting out of desperation to get a goal. I think this will give him the added confidence and we will now see many more goals from him, cutting in and hitting the ball with power from around the edge of the box.

Great team performance today and TC showing very early that he is capable of adapting tactics dependent on the opposition and also, and this is more crucial, being able to get the team to follow his tactics and instructions. Anyone can say switch to a 442 or play a high pressing game etc but it is extremely hard to actually be able to get the players to adapt quickly to different ways of playing - as we have seen consistently with England at major tournaments.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Brilliant all the team played their part what a great team performance, my only worry now is if we continue like this one of the spree boys will be sniffing around TC, I can see the Hammers, Newcastle or Palace taking a lot of notice of how well we've done and what a great team he's pulled together, especially when you consider all the changes this summer massive respect to TC.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Armand Traoré (born 8 October 1989) is a professional footballer who plays in Allioski's back pocket
gessa

Post by gessa »

Anyone else think Grot had a look of John Carew about his play.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ratscoot wrote:Brilliant all the team played their part what a great team performance, my only worry now is if we continue like this one of the spree boys will be sniffing around TC, I can see the Hammers, Newcastle or Palace taking a lot of notice of how well we've done and what a great team he's pulled together, especially when you consider all the changes this summer massive respect to TC.
100% - warmed massively to TC, calm and to the point in front of the cameras, get the impression he takes no prisoners away from them. Without wishing to jinx things - all of the decisions taken over the summer seem to have been good ones.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

Watched the match on TV. Thought we were excellent right across the team.
Looked really well balanced and very creative going forward. Looking great I have to say. Even the new lad looks something. :-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Watched on tv it was a joy to behold :clapshout:

The front 4 just brilliant, so mobile and energetic, press press press poor Forest defenders looked shellshocked. Saiz and Alioski wonderfully skillful but they work there asses of to. Roofe was the striker but at times it was Kelvin Phillips, Saiz, Alioski man marking was impossible for Forest because there men kept sodding off somewhere else :shirt:

Roofe did well lovely header worked hard, dexent option down the middle going forward. . . Saiz was brilliant again, to good for this division although the imaginary card waving needs to stop. Alioski (great finish) superb again, picked up where he left of against Sunderland, feel he will improve now he has his goal he wont be so overly keen and maybe pick the better option rather then trying to shoot. Lovely skill to leave Traore behind to.Hernandez was ok looked jaded towards his substitution, may be time for him to be rested start someone else. Grot did well, big and strong as expected but fast and lovely feet to get round the defender on the right and win a freekick :).

O'Kane so calm and composed but worked hard defensively, Phillips had a good game im liking his willingness to get forward and press to and his tackle to set up Ali was great and showed such desire late on.

Anita is a class act, strong for such a small man and cool as a cucumber with the ball can see the Ajax training in him. Ayling was Ayling, Mr Dependable how we got him so cheap I'll never know. Pontus played well, good to see a loan player still playing well after he signs permanently. Cooper looks like a changed man, brilliant again and he and Pontus look as solid as Bartley and Pontus, just hope this Cooper keeps playing.

Wiedwald, not much to do but distribution looked good and came of his line bravely twice to smother 2 chances, he will get better as the season goes on i think.

Overall really happy with this solid, hard working, exciting, goal scoring team :scarf2: :scarf1:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I was also on the telly celebrating Alioski's goal :shirt:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leedsalex wrote:I am starting to believe that maybe this is the year
I think you are right Alex :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Anyone else think Grot had a look of John Carew about his play.
Yes a good comparison

He's a big lad mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Forget the days when we used to loose the game in the last minutes of stoppage time.
The night we would go to bed thinking why does this always happen to us. The depressed
feeling that we had come so near yet fail. When you team fails it brings sleeplessness.

All that has gone. I feel buoyant. I feel good. I feel hope and joy, and that is so fine.
There is a surge of blood to the throat every time we break out of defence into attack.
There is an expectancy that goals are going to happen when the whole forward line
is breaking with pace. Gone are the days of a hopeful punt up to Wood and praying
for a positive result.

They way we are playing now is exciting and a joy to watch. I'm luving it.
Long may we continue to punch furry front bottoms.
Couldn't have described it better Rab

I'll sleep well tonight :sleep3:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Weidwald - 5 - Well protected so didn't really have anything to do, he has yet to convince me.
Ayling - 6.5- Mixture of good and bad today, deducted him a point for that silly holding in the box which could have cost us if the ref had seen it
Anita - 8.5 - Very good game, looked more like he can be a LB today .
Jansson - 8 - Took the game in his stride, Murphy, normally a thorn in our side didn't get a look in.
Cooper - 8- Pretty much as Jansson, neither looked troubled at all.
O'Kane - 7.5 - Tidied things up, got to all the loose balls first and laid it to the more creative players, just what you want from him.
Phillips - 8.5- Growing into the position, proving his doubters wrong , superb tackle to set up the second goal
Saiz - 8- Already looking the buy of the season for the Championship, that pass to Dallas was sublime, made the wrong decision a few times and deducted him half a point for his card waving gesture to the ref , really hate that.
Alioski - 9 - His workrate is excellent, looks a good defensively as he does attacking , great strike for the goal, which was the icing.
Roofe - 7 - Took his goal well and worked hard , just doesn't look as though he's got that little bit extra at the moment to be our number 1 striker.
Hernandez 6 - Fairly anonymous at times, one or two nice touches but looked a little leggy

Grot - 6.5 - Lost the ball a few times but that touch around his marker by the half way line showed he has ability, Can't have been easy only just signing and in a different Country, looks promising.
Dallas - 6.5- Good player to bring on, helped out defensively and had 2 good chances , should have done much better with the second one.
Vierra - not on long enough.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

paddy parrott wrote:Woo Hoo! Great result for the Mighty Leeds although I have missed the game I did follow on the live feed . Rab rant you are so right mate it makes you feel a kinda giddy and so early in season too. We are Leeds.MOT.Oh! a dreaded break next week .
Ditto! :-D :-D :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a performance !

I actually wake up on matchday with excitement in my heart anticipating my Leeds team playing playing beautiful fast-flowing football as it should be played. What a differrence to the dross we've all endured over the last thirteen years.
I really believe this is our year as long as our key flair players steer clear of serious injuries.

8 - Wiedwald
7 - Ayling
9 - Pontus
9 - Cooper
8 - Anita
8 - O'Kane
9 - Phillips
7 - Hernandez
9 - Saiz
9 - Alioski MOTM
7 - Roofe
Subs
7 - Dallas
6 - Grot
n/a - Vieira
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wiedwald's best game for Leeds, thought he looked more confident, quick off his line to snuff out any Forest attack. Definitely a footballing keeper !