Pierre-Michel Lasogga

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pierre-Michel Lasogga

Post by The Subhuman »

So we're saying we have got Wood's replacement?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

He had a very good game v Sheff Utd, but apart from that he has been pretty average to say the least. Hopefully we'll see more of the Sheff Utd type performances from now on.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Lasgogga for me is a more natural finisher but our style of play (or lack of it) suited Wood better. Don;t forget it took Wood a full season before he started scoring whereas Lasogga didn't even get a preseason with us so the team have been playing catch up in working out how to get the best out of him this combined with his injuries have certainly made him less effective than he might be now he is more settled and able to get a run of games.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

When he's good, he's very good but when he's not at it, he looks slow, lazy and ponderous. Not unlike Wood but, at least during last season, Wood could be anonymous/sh*te and then pop up with the winner. If Heck can illicit a consistent level of performance from Lassie, he'll be a real asset.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I think he is a more naturally gifted player then Wood, have since he signed. Wood relied on everyone else to create his chances, very rarely made his own. Lassie has shown, especially recently, he is capable of making himself some space and having a shot, vs Millwall, vs Sheffield United etc.

Talk about players struggling in there first Championship season, Lassie hasnt, he has an excellent record.

With no pre season, with injuries, with a lack of match fitness etc, he has done exceptionally well.

Doesn't look fit still, but he is getting there, if he can have 8 in 14 without being fully fit, what can he get when fit?

Wood was a better instinctive finisher imo, Lassie is a technically better player and finisher. Actually think Lassie links better with other as well.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Question is: do we want to/ could we buy him in the summer? No way we could offer anything near what he earns at HSV. So I guess he will be gone in the summer. That makes speculating what he is capable of look rather senseless.
Whatever: if fit, motivated and the team play to his strenghs, he could do a Job. But can`t see him getting through a whole season without injury.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Good point but barring him being absolutely amazing for us I cannot see him getting a transfer to a club that would match his wages. I don't know how long he has left on his contract there, assuming at least another year though so not a free agent, so I guess the key factors in a permanent move would be a) the transfer fee, b) would he take a lower wage, c) would his club pay off the wages left on his contract, d) would he want to come here permanently?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:12 pm Good point but barring him being absolutely amazing for us I cannot see him getting a transfer to a club that would match his wages. I don't know how long he has left on his contract there, assuming at least another year though so not a free agent, so I guess the key factors in a permanent move would be a) the transfer fee, b) would he take a lower wage, c) would his club pay off the wages left on his contract, d) would he want to come here permanently?
Till end of next season contract with HSV. On HSV-forums they have mixed feelings towards him. But they generally believe he could be worth keeeping if he has a good end of the season with Leeds. But the coach of HSV doesn`t seem to rate him too much.
They also say that Lasogga did used to play his part in pressing, running backwards but maybe not very effectiv.
A penalty box attacker, not too good with heading (!), needing the right service...
And they don`t think any club would pay what he earns now at HSV.
Just some slightly random thoughts...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2018-02-13 at 21.50.39.png
Screenshot 2018-02-13 at 21.50.39.png (238.15 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

The guy seems to be getting better as the season moves on...what would he cost though to buy and what wages would he demand?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

4 goals in 5 matches with 8 shots on target plus hit the bar twice and the post.

The man is clinical.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:55 pm The guy seems to be getting better as the season moves on...what would he cost though to buy and what wages would he demand?
Dunno about cost to buy, but his 58k a week wages are well out of our reach :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:24 pm Dunno about cost to buy, but his 58k a week wages are well out of our reach :cry:
Even half that would be too much probably...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leeds-united- ... sh-useful/

Maybe just maybe there is a chance.

Maybe Hamburg will agree to rip up the final year of his contract.

That saves them about 3mil, we were rumoured to be offering £5mil for the dude from Italy.

Pay Lassie 30k a week, still works out much cheaper then the guy from Italy.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But alienates those earning a lot less, especially as Lassoga wouldn't be our best player and earning double..I'd imagine Saiz, Hernandez, Jansson and a couple of others would want wage rises to bring them into line with Lassoga
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:34 pm But alienates those earning a lot less, especially as Lassoga wouldn't be our best player and earning double..I'd imagine Saiz, Hernandez, Jansson and a couple of others would want wage rises to bring them into line with Lassoga
Always ways around it i.e. wages £10k p/w but £1m signing on fee etc.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And don't tell the rest of the team ...could work
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 pm And don't tell the rest of the team ...could work
A more simple way would be to make him the joint highest earner but we' pay his club a higher transfer fee so that they then pay off the last year of his contract.

Or can be a huge incentives in the contracts such as bonuses per goal, per apppearance, for scoring 20 goals, for getting promoted etc etc

I am sure Jannson's contract will have a lot of incentives in it as they somehow managed to get him to sign a longer contract without presumably a huge increase in wages.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another goal, won headers, worked hard, tried to hold the ball up.
3 in 3
5 in 6
1 goal every 142mins, 3rd best in the league.

He never took his eye of the ball, keeper flying at him, he didnt flinch, sign of a natural goal scorer.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Viduka like skills to put 2 defenders i think it was on there backsides and then the gk was a highlight.

Not the big lumbering carthorse some said :love:
Signed

King Cjay