Pierre-Michel Lasogga

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pierre-Michel Lasogga

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... a-14339041

This is good news, well done Victor for getting a clause. If his form continues then act on it!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lasogga has been speaking about his future with the German press

"I'm still a player at Hamburg and will see what happens in the summer,"

He was then quizzed about a move to the Premier League.

"Maybe a childhood dream will come true," was his answer.

"Yeah, I was very surprised when I came here because in the second league in Germany you get five or ten thousand in the stadium and it’s not so big like the first league, the Bundesliga, where you play in front of 50 or 60 thousand, so it’s nice in the stadiums," he said.

"In England you have smaller stadiums, also in the Premier League, you have 30 or 40 thousand and it’s nice to play here because the fans are so close to the pitch. You feel every moment. It’s a special time for me."

“The decision is not now in my head, so after the season I will sit with my family and speak about the situation.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to see Lasogga signing for us, we need better than him..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nope me too....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:35 am Lasogga has been speaking about his future with the German press

"I'm still a player at Hamburg and will see what happens in the summer,"

He was then quizzed about a move to the Premier League.

"Maybe a childhood dream will come true," was his answer.

"Yeah, I was very surprised when I came here because in the second league in Germany you get five or ten thousand in the stadium and it’s not so big like the first league, the Bundesliga, where you play in front of 50 or 60 thousand, so it’s nice in the stadiums," he said.

"In England you have smaller stadiums, also in the Premier League, you have 30 or 40 thousand and it’s nice to play here because the fans are so close to the pitch. You feel every moment. It’s a special time for me."

“The decision is not now in my head, so after the season I will sit with my family and speak about the situation.
Lasogga has little pace, and looks extremely lathargic whilst running around, but he has a naural eye for goal, and a good headerer, unlike Wood.

If the price is right, and he can get a decent strike partner who is quick, and can poach, then yes, sign him
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Richard wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to see Lasogga signing for us, we need better than him..
With enough good players around him he will do well. People continually criticise him for his weaknesses but ignore his greatest strength which is his ability to score from nothing and his cool finishing. He has had a decent goals per game record despite sometimes getting no service and having also been incredibly unlucky with the amount of times he has hit the woodwork too. We were spoilt in many ways by Wood having such a prolific season but that isn't the norm and it would be very hard for us to find a striker capable of scoring 30 goals in a season. Lasogga is certainly capable of scoring 20+ which would be enough if the rest of the team did their jobs.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

If we can get him in a free and for 10k a week then yes as a back up striker. Anymore then, no. And I doubt we would be able to get him to accept wages that low
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Lasogga is just another one of the many poor quality foreigners youve got at Leeds for a promotion push you need far better
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

According to newspaper reports, Leeds are already searching for a replacement for Lasogga.

It should not surprise any of us, as the German commands around 50k per week which would significantly eat up at Leeds wage budget.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:39 am According to newspaper reports, Leeds are already searching for a replacement for Lasogga.

It should not surprise any of us, as the German commands around 50k per week which would significantly eat up at Leeds wage budget.
I think he has done well enough with us that some club will offer him a decent contract, not as much as he was on but more than we would likely pay.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:39 am According to newspaper reports, Leeds are already searching for a replacement for Lasogga.

As such not bad news. Problem being that we need a better replacement and will that happen? Because: Lasogga isn`t good enough as our Nr 1 striker. (Unnecessary to say: if we want to challenge for promotion.)
I fear the worst though...