Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Blakerb-LUFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Other fans opinions

Post by Blakerb-LUFC »

Really enjoyed this - quality.
I like to browse other fan forums and you made it easier and better.

Let's give you that official title and sticky this :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed up to 2 forums, Burton and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Neither have been verified so cant post anything.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Signed up to 2 forums, Burton and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

More interesting posts on the two Leeds topic on the Brewers forum. Another Leeds fan on there today
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Signed up to 2 forums, Burton and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Good luck with Wolves, not the brightest bunch.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Been waiting a couple of days for the Burton one to be verified and a day for Wolves, the other two didnt take this long, emailed the wolves forum but cant find somewhere to send the mods on Burton a message, had hoped to get on before the game :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:More interesting posts on the two Leeds topic on the Brewers forum. Another Leeds fan on there today
Thought the banter would be fun but cant get on , sigh
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Good luck with Wolves, not the brightest bunch.
Aslong as they are bright enough to verify my account so i can post i dont mind :duno: :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Blakerb-LUFC wrote:Really enjoyed this - quality.
I like to browse other fan forums and you made it easier and better.

Let's give you that official title and sticky this :tup:
Thank you :-D :-D

There will be more, if i ever get verified :fish1: :bang: :hammer: :doh: again
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Some really complimentary comments about our current Leeds team on the Burton site.

They fear a battering especially as their two major players Murphy & Irvine are missing

Cjay tell Broomo we don't sing for Garry Monk, there is a four-letter obscenity in front of his name that doesn't come over clearly on the telly

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thre ... eds-united
Done :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Done :)
Thanks Cjay

I can understand why fans think we are cheering Monk's name as I only realised when I watched a re-run of our matches after attending the Bolton, Sunderland & Forest away games. The four-letter word is not clear whatsoever on the on the telly.
What a difference to the adulation he received in our final away game of last season at Wigan

Personally I'm glad he took his bat & ball to Middlesbro' as we have a far better, knowledgeable & inventive coach running Leeds United now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Nice comments from Broomo on the Brewers Forum

Broomo

"Poor day lads and lasses but got to be fair to Leeds, they were sensational until they started cruising. I think I may just have watched one of the automatic promotion chasers wipe the floor with us. I watch a lot of the championship and so far Leeds are the best side I've seen, with better individuals as well"

"Don't want to jinx you boys but I think I've just seen a side who will make the top 2. The last time I said that and was confident was Bournemouth (and I think they were siting 9th at the time). Some of the one touch stuff you're playing is really good to watch, Cooper and Janssen look really solid, O'Kane dictates things nicely and then you've got the flair players, good enough to murder a lot of sides, if you hadn't have just handed us a real lesson I'd have probably enjoyed a couple of your goals"

Not so good from Earwig

"We really shouldn't be losing to teams like Leeds
Clough out !"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Nigel Clough: "We weren't very good and they were excellent from start to finish. We couldn't do too much about the quality of the goals they scored. It's very rare you get a goalkeeper that's conceded five goals and can't say he had a chance with any of them.
"It's the nature of Burton Albion in the Championship. We know we're going to lose games. It's not nice when you lose 5-0 but you have to hold your hands up sometimes and say the opposition were excellent."
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Burton fans on Twitter
Screenshot 2017-09-09 at 21.18.32.png
Screenshot 2017-09-09 at 21.18.32.png (58.33 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I love the sportmanship of the Burton fans :tup:

Inside Left
"Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in this country and were brilliant today. We are possibly the smallest club in the EFL"
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:I love the sportmanship of the Burton fans :tup:

Inside Left
"Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in this country and were brilliant today. We are possibly the smallest club in the EFL"
Just had a read, very knowledgeable friendly lot.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thre ... come-peace
Finally got round to another forum.
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

gessa wrote:Good luck with Wolves, not the brightest bunch.
I worked and lived in West Bromwich many years ago , its borderline Black Country /Brummie .....Wolverhampton is full on Black Country .....Briummies generally even though only down the road cannot understand Black Country speaking and yes - a lot of them don't seem overly endowed in the brain department ( however living across the border now from Suffolk it makes them almost rocket scientists in comparison) . I was/am a Brummie myself but was often bewildered at what phrases Black Country people came out with - and Albion's fanzine was called Grorty Dick ...... some local food I'd never heard of or tried ( I stick to curry up there ) .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Just had a read, very knowledgeable friendly lot.
They certainly are mate

Well done to the few hundred Burton fans who attended the match yesterday & stuck by their team throughout the hammering. I suspect the best part of the day for the Brewers fans was a few beers at Drysalters, plenty of them there as we past on our coach
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote:I worked and lived in West Bromwich many years ago , its borderline Black Country /Brummie .....Wolverhampton is full on Black Country .....Briummies generally even though only down the road cannot understand Black Country speaking and yes - a lot of them don't seem overly endowed in the brain department ( however living across the border now from Suffolk it makes them almost rocket scientists in comparison) . I was/am a Brummie myself but was often bewildered at what phrases Black Country people came out with - and Albion's fanzine was called Grorty Dick ...... some local food I'd never heard of or tried ( I stick to curry up there ) .
Over to you Ges :thup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Clacton White wrote:I worked and lived in West Bromwich many years ago , its borderline Black Country /Brummie .....Wolverhampton is full on Black Country .....Briummies generally even though only down the road cannot understand Black Country speaking and yes - a lot of them don't seem overly endowed in the brain department ( however living across the border now from Suffolk it makes them almost rocket scientists in comparison) . I was/am a Brummie myself but was often bewildered at what phrases Black Country people came out with - and Albion's fanzine was called Grorty Dick ...... some local food I'd never heard of or tried ( I stick to curry up there ) .
Ow bin ya.

Mate I'm born and bred from around there, 10 miles from Wolvo, worked there for 10 years they really are a different breed, the proper Black Country, Tipton,Gornal, Cradley Heath and the like is a real gem of a place,I once worked with a lad from Netherton and half the time I needed an interpreter, I love the Black Country spake, they don't take too kindly to being called Brummies do they.