Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Other fans opinions

Post by hector »

So are they yam yams or yo yo's??
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote:So are they yam yams or yo yo's??
Wolvo are definitely yam yams
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brummie fans don't seem very talkative

Struggling find any active forums

There is this one

https://bcfcfans.icyboards.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

https://bcfcfans.icyboards.net/showthread.php?tid=219

Seven Brum fans predicting a Leeds win :victory:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Brummie fans don't seem very talkative

Struggling find any active forums

There is this one

https://bcfcfans.icyboards.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

https://bcfcfans.icyboards.net/showthread.php?tid=219

Seven Brum fans predicting a Leeds win :victory:
http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2314899
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A bit more lively on there

Anyone you know travelling to Leeds Ges ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:A bit more lively on there

Anyone you know travelling to Leeds Ges ?
Yes, there's one lad from my local, rarely misses home or away, he enjoys the banter in the Drysalters before the game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

This Birmingham fan reckons player for player they are equally as strong as our team

Majority of us know about Stockdale & Jota qualities

How good are Colin, Dean & Adams ??
Screenshot 2017-09-11 at 22.34.42.png
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:This Birmingham fan reckons player for player they are equally as strong as our team

Majority of us know about Stockdale & Jota qualities

How good are Colin, Dean & Adams ??

Screenshot 2017-09-11 at 22.34.42.png
Colin and Dean were part of the 6th worst defence in the Championship last season.

Ayling is better then Colin imo.
Dean is better then Cooper, statistically think he was better then Bartley last season.
And as good as Jota is at this level at the same age Hernandez was having the best seasons of his career at Valencia and playing for Spain. Id put them on par personally.
Che Adams had a good season in league 1 with Sheffield United but Roofe had a far better one all be it in League 2. Adams did better last season in the championship than Roofe, but Roofe has shone so far this season and Adams hasnt, probablysay Adams shades it after all that. All that being said, Alioski had a great season at probably a better level then both of there best so he beats the pair imo.
And I'd put Anita above Grounds as he has played the majority of his career in the dutch top flight or the Premier league and was a key part of Newcastles winning team last season. Just my view
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Well, I reckon 'arry and Brum showed us a few things today -

1) We were lucky
2) when confronted by a disappointed, but skillful (skilful)and occasionally determined team, we too can be crap on occasion.
3) It's still The Championship, one of the most difficult leagues (that isn't the top league in a country) in the world.
4) Jota wasn't on top form, thank goodness because we certainly weren't.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Norm wrote:Well, I reckon 'arry and Brum showed us a few things today -

1) We were lucky
2) when confronted by a disappointed, but skillful (skilful)and occasionally determined team, we too can be crap on occasion.
3) It's still The Championship, one of the most difficult leagues (that isn't the top league in a country) in the world.
1) I would take issue with us being lucky. The team worked hard which is a huge make-up of any successful team. Man U under Ferguson would have several games a season where they wouldn't be at their best but still had the quality to win a game. Having the blend between quality and hardworking is the key and we have that. In the 1992 title winning team people will look back fondly at the away wins at Villa (4-1) and Sheff Wed (6-1) where we played some amazing football, however in lots of games we were scrappy and would sneak a win through a Lee Chapman, in off the shin, type goal.

2) Most teams at this level have good players. Many people who saw Brentford demolish us last season said that some of their players were amazing - yet Brentford were nearer the relegation zone than the play-offs. On any day a team can just have an amazing day where everything comes off (for the Brentford example you can use our display v Burton) but the key is winning when things aren't going well, being able to absorb whatever a team throws at you, withstand it and then hit them with he quality we have to take the points. For all that Birmingham supposedly played well we dominated the decent chances. Also worth noting that they dominated the second half but a key factor in that was that we were always 1-0 up so it meant Birmingham had to come at us and could risk more men forward. If we'd have taken one of our chances earlier in the second half then they might have simply crumbled and we'd have won easily.

3) 100% agree. No easy match in the championship - or perhaps maybe just one or two per season but rarely will the expected comfortable win turn out to be that.

4) Jota wasn't on top form because we didn't give him the space and time he needs. Despite our passing not being as good as it can be our work rate off the ball was still superb.

All in all for me I would give the team more praise for this victory than the match v Burton. When you are creating chance after chance it can be very easy to play and look great, when things are tough that is when real winners find a way to win, we did it a lot last season and we have hopefully still got that mental toughness along with a much more skillful and attacking team.

Harry 'no sh*t sticks on me' Redknapp can say what he likes but the truth is if he wasn't a big name he would be fearing for his job. Rowett was doing a much better job with Birmingham and got sacked. Redknapp's cv is appalling when you look at it (1 FA Cup win at least 1 relegation) in contrast to the high profile he has.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:Well, I reckon 'arry and Brum showed us a few things today -

1) We were lucky
Thing is Norm we weren't lucky contrary to what motor-mouth 'Arry says

He has talked bull throughout his whole managerial career :chair:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2316630

Interesting what the Brum fans think of arry's comments
Screenshot 2017-09-13 at 14.09.31.png
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

:roflmao: Think Leeds will do well this season , and being top of league you are now obviously a target . You seem strong in all positions this year and will definitely finish top 6 at the bare minimum. Do think we play the better football though from what I have seen of your games so far, so really looking forward to you lot coming to the golden palace and seeing a good spectacle of football . Do hope you do well this season and can maintain a promotion push this year , but I have no doubt that you will finish below the mighty wanderers come the end of the season
Last edited by Wolfpack on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I respect others' opinions. I didn't mean we were lucky to win, but that the chances that we had actually went in the net. They could have hit the crossbar, hit row 32 or simply have been mishit. So, you think what you want, but I consider we had a bit of luck in that way, and that is a good thing. Napoleon had it right and I'm beginning to think that TC is a talisman for us as well as being highly skilled and professional. MOT.
Last edited by Norm on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wolfpack wrote::roflmao: Think Leeds will do well this season , and being top of league you are now obviously a target . You seem strong in all positions this year and will definitely finish top 6 at the bare minimum. Do think we play the better football though from what I have seen of your games so far, so really looking forward to you lot coming to the golden palace and seeing a good spectacle of football . Do hope you do well this season and can maintain a promotion push this year , but I have no doubt that you will finish below the mighty wanderers come the end of the season
If your forum would send an activation code to my email like its meant to we could of had this conversation last week :-D
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am a firm believer that you make your own luck in football and if you have good players and work hard you end up getting luckier. People could for example say MU were lucky to win loads of games with 'Fergie-Time' goals but I would say they were the team still working their socks off after 90 minutes when the opponents were flagging. In terms of possession yesterday was a fairly even game (think it was 52-48% in Birmingham's favour), in terms of shots we edged it, but for me the crucial factor was the quality of chances we created compared to Birmingham. With a bit of luck, or better finishing, we could have scored more whereas in the 90 minutes Birmingham definitely didn't create enough to suggest they could score twice.
If we keep grinding out wins when we aren't at our attacking best we will be a good team, if we don't then we were just a lucky side last night :wink:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote:If your forum would send an activation code to my email like its meant to we could of had this conversation last week :-D
Perhaps their forum protectors are better at defending than the wolves team were last night. Don't know if it was just a one off shaky performance from them but they looked at sixes and sevens.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Speaking of confirmation got an account ready on the SmallHeath Birmingham forum now so thats next
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Maybe we did make our own good luck by our work ethos and determination, but the fact remains that we had good luck. We can argue until the cows come home if you want but we did have good luck, ergo we were lucky.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Speaking of confirmation got an account ready on the SmallHeath Birmingham forum now so thats next

I know a fair few Blues fans and there's no doubt they have an inbred hatred for us, but they begrudgingly respect us too. You may need your tin hat, you've chosen the better forum btw.