Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Other fans opinions

Post by 1964white »

Wolfpack wrote:Middlesbrough , ,Fulham , Leeds and wolves will all fight it out for the top four spots from what I've seen so far . The other two could be taken by anyone of the teams you mentioned above or even a surprise package Like Sheffield united . The top four teams just seem to stand out to me this season with having more quality and seem to have passed the others by . Sunderland will do well not to be relegated again as the similarities with us when we double dropped out the prem and to league 1 are far too close :( (misses is a mackem )Sheffield Wednesday will have to out score there opponents every game as have decent set of strikers but not much else as a team , so see no real threat there , villa are mid table at best and can't see that changing till they get rid of Bruce (game has passed that dinosaur by) and hull are no where near as strong especially losing Hernandez who I rate as the best striker in the league when fit .
Can't argue with much of that ?

I suspect it's fun in your house Wolfy
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wolfpack wrote:Wouldn't get too confident as a leeds supporter either , We would have snatched your hand off for your opening matches fixture list , you've had a fairly easy start with having to play no stand out teams yet apart from Fulham I guess , and then you only managed to scrape a draw . Plenty stiffer tests to come :-D
Havent been able to be confident as a Leeds supporter most of my life, let me have my moment please :roflmao:

Dont think thats quite fair, as has been said both Forest and Sunderland were doing well and famously intimidating grounds.

Preston are 4th now and Fulham are a good side :-D
They were lucky, Chris Wood wasnt offside so we won that :roll:

Birmingham have one of the better squads in this division so i suspect in a few months beating them will look a better result then it does now.

Even Bolton 1st game of the season were at home and high on confidence after promotion so that was a good result :clapshout:

Keep seeing opposition fans saying "well they havent played anyone yet". Think we actually had a hard set of fixtures myself.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Havent been able to be confident as a Leeds supporter most of my life, let me have my moment please :roflmao:

Dont think thats quite fair, as has been said both Forest and Sunderland were doing well and famously intimidating grounds.

Preston are 4th now and Fulham are a good side :-D
They were lucky, Chris Wood wasnt offside so we won that :roll:

Birmingham have one of the better squads in this division so i suspect in a few months beating them will look a better result then it does now.

Even Bolton 1st game of the season were at home and high on confidence after promotion so that was a good result :clapshout:

Keep seeing opposition fans saying "well they havent played anyone yet". Think we actually had a hard set of fixtures myself.
Also I defy any club in the championship to keep six consecutive clean sheets no matter who they play where as Wolves have conceded 7 goals in their last 6 games
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Also I defy any club in the championship to keep six consecutive clean sheets no matter who they play where as Wolves have conceded 7 goals in their last 6 games
Exactly and its the manner of the performances, we have a goalkeeper who nobody is entirely sure of there ability because he has had naff all to do.

Jota, Hugil, Sam Gallagher, Barrie McKay, good players at this level and Wiedwald has had nothing from any of them.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Exactly and its the manner of the performances, we have a goalkeeper who nobody is entirely sure of there ability because he has had naff all to do.

Jota, Hugil, Sam Gallagher, Barrie McKay, good players at this level and Wiedwald has had nothing from any of them.
Also Darryl Murphy 4 goals for Forest & Lewis Grabban 3 for Sunderland this season

Neither got a sniff against our defence
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Nice little discussion going on on the Birmingham thread.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Also Darryl Murphy 4 goals for Forest & Lewis Grabban 3 for Sunderland this season

Neither got a sniff against our defence
We definitely deserve more credit, has there ever been a better start in this league? To lazy to look but overall i bet its one of the best.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:We definitely deserve more credit, has there ever been a better start in this league? To lazy to look but overall i bet its one of the best.
Has to be one of the better starts :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I seem to recall Keegan's Newcastle winning something like 11 games straight at the start of their promotion season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Not too many active Millwall forums

This one appears to be the busiest.....Leeds links so far :

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk ... 0&posts=16

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk ... 3&posts=27

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk ... 2&posts=29
Not overly keen on joining a Millwall forum tbh, someone else can take this one :roflmao:

Not all that busy anyways so
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Not overly keen on joining a Millwall forum tbh, someone else can take this one :roflmao:

Not all that busy anyways so
Best to stay out of the lions den Cjay unless you wish to suffer a mauling :wink:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Best to stay out of the lions den Cjay unless you wish to suffer a mauling :wink:
Not remotely bothered by banter or whatever :twisted:

But if you have fans who think it makes them "ard" throwing stuff at families at a football match then ive no desire to speak to you at all :duno:

Probably the only clubs forum i will refuse but nope
Signed

King Cjay

Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

Poor performance from your team today but no team is this league is going to go undefeated all season , it's all about who can pick them selfs up quick enough after a loss , so don't be too down beat .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Wolfpack wrote:Poor performance from your team today but no team is this league is going to go undefeated all season , it's all about who can pick them selfs up quick enough after a loss , so don't be too down beat .
Definitely. Last year, until our last few games, we had a great record for bouncing back after a defeat. Bounce back with a win and the defeat is forgotten quickly. I don't think we could have played much worse so let's hope it was a one off bad game for everyone and we can put another unbeaten run together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2017-09-21 at 14.22.42.png
Screenshot 2017-09-21 at 14.22.42.png (53.88 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
Some average comments/ratings about Taylor & Wood from the Burnley fans. Lots of ratings of 6 plus a few 5's

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=20848

Taylor

"did well, got caught off for the first goal though"

"tried but maybe a bit anxious"

"struggled tonight"

"looked promising going forward but clearly caught out for the first goal"

"looked tasty first half but faded badly"

"First time I've seen him and to be honest I was disappointed. Maybe the stick he received affected him" :roflmao:

"Some of his crosses should have had a player on the end of them, put them in the right place, was caught out of position for their 1st goal"

"faded really badly though extra time"

"Now I know why folk want him on the wing. Has a deal to learn about defending"

"looked poor all night for me when Sacko came on he went into meltdown" :roflmao:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bit of Leicester opinion on the cup draw
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/11353 ... w-leeds-h/

Cant find to much from Tractor boys yet.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/
http://tractor-boys.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Seem to be there two main forums, not overly confident is the impression i get
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Bit of Leicester opinion on the cup draw
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/11353 ... w-leeds-h/

Cant find to much from Tractor boys yet.
Majority of Foxes fans very confident of progressing to the quarter-finals

Two or three sensible fans not underestimating us

A couple of Leeds fans on there reminding them we are not the Leeds of the last few seasons & we are not top without good reason :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Majority of Foxes fans very confident of progressing to the quarter-finals

Two or three sensible fans not underestimating us

A couple of Leeds fans on there reminding them we are not the Leeds of the last few seasons & we are not top without good reason :-D
They do seem confident.

Strange considering our Second string beat Burnleys, and Burnley introduced Robbie Brady and Chris Wood who undoubtedly are stars for them :-D

And Burnley having a far better season so far then Leicester, wont be easy but more confident about this one then i was about Burnley. :scarf2: :scarf2:
Signed

King Cjay