Tuesday's Breakfast Debate....Berardi/Penn/Top of the League/Ram Twit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Tuesday's Breakfast Debate....Berardi/Penn/Top of the League/Ram Twit

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

Berardi and Pennington have resumed training at Thorp Arch
All being well, they should be ready for first team action for the Millwall clash on the 16th September.
I doubt they will be risked this weekend v Burton Albion or midweek v Birmingham!

Should they go straight back into the starting XI, or will a spell on the bench suffice?

Top average Championship attendances 2017/18:

1.Elland Road - 30,899

2.Stadium of Light - 30,408

3.Villa Park - 30,199

4.Molineux - 28,380

We are top of the league on attendances

Wasn't the case under Bates/GFH who managed to reduce the crowds by up to 15k. It just goes to prove all football fans want to be entertained & see their team capable of winning games especially bearing in mind the cost of watching the beautiful game unlike the dirge served up previously

Derby County FC has handed a lifetime ban to a fan who posted "abusive" tweets about the death of Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp's son. Derby County officials tracked down the fan and interviewed him. He has since deleted the tweets and the club said he had apologised to them for what he did.
The fan, Jordan Byrne on Twitter, retweeted a message from the official Derby County Twitter feed about Sharp scoring a goal, but added the words "Dead son".

A friend then asked him: "Everything okay at home Bernie?x"
He responded by saying: "Billy Sharp's son is dead x"
The lifetime ban prevents the fan from attending any Derby County games, home and away, with immediate effect.

Thoughts?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tuesday's Breakfast Debate....Berardi/Penn/Top of the League/Ram Twit

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi will be a bench player for us going forward, our best RB won't get past Ayling for a while and Anita looks a little better as a LB. Pennington waits for a while too but his wait shouldn't be too long
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

With Pennington and Berardi we seem to be in the optimum position that we don't have to rush them back, 4 clean sheets on the spin - don't mess with that.

I would imagine that the gates will stay up at those sorts of levels should the quality of football remain, never a question of whether we had the support just did we have the team to get them all there....and fair play to the masses who kept going through the Bates/GFH eras, in truth that was when the club needed you most being about the only thing right at the time.

Don't think that Derby fan needs any comment - no excuses.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Great to have such quality competition for places, I wouldn't expect either to start in the league match but probably in the next round of the cup. Personally I would rate Berardi above Anita but possibly CBJ would be the best option given he is left footed although haven't seen enough of him to really judge. I feel Berardi will start at RB in the cup, CBJ at LB and then Pennington and one other at CB.

Good for Derby banning the fan. Too many idiots hide behind their keyboard to be offensive pr*cks.

Always the case that more fans will turn up if they expect the team to win or at least that the team will be giving their all.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Beradi will be a bench player for us going forward, our best RB won't get past Ayling for a while and Anita looks a little better as a LB. Pennington waits for a while too but his wait shouldn't be too long
:hahaha: :hahaha:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:With Pennington and Berardi we seem to be in the optimum position that we don't have to rush them back, 4 clean sheets on the spin - don't mess with that.

I would imagine that the gates will stay up at those sorts of levels should the quality of football remain, never a question of whether we had the support just did we have the team to get them all there....and fair play to the masses who kept going through the Bates/GFH eras, in truth that was when the club needed you most being about the only thing right at the time
Thanks Norfolk but at times it was a real chore & bore :(

Now it is a real pleasure, something to look forward too after a hard working week :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Both will have to wait to get in the team.

Give people hope and decent football and they will pay to watch. That with the forward thinking of discounting tickets for 3 potential lower attendances to get them up to around the 30 000 mark and bingo.

Well done Derby, not sure if there would be criminal charges to face but if so i hope they throw the book at him, about time these type of cowards got what they deserve.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

gessa wrote:Both will have to wait toget in the team.

Give people hope and decent football and they will pay to watch. That with the forward thinking of discounting tickets for 3 potential lower attendances to get them up to around the 30 000 mark and bingo.

Well done Derby, not sure if there would be criminal charges to face but if so i hope they throw the book at him, about time these type of cowards got what they deserve.
Ditto
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Berardi & Pennington - As people have said they won't walk straight back in, but with 2 games per week + involvement in the Shaun Harvey Free Holiday Cup, there will be plenty of opportunities.

Attendances - Flowing attractive football will bring the punters in, but credit also to Radz for doing the 2 for 1 offer for Burton / Brum, and kids for a £1 v Ipswich.

Well done to Derby banning the fan. Hopefully it might make people think about what they write on social media.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Moronic derby fan
Maybe if he understood what a fantastic achievement it is to play pro football at any level.
These are just very talented working class lads.
So to post what he did is beyond comprehension for me.
I know one toon fan a man in his 40s never been in any trouble in his life ;got full of the bevvy against the mackems who won,trouble kicked off and he steamed in after the game and punched a coppers horse.
Ended in a custodial sentence,
Lost his job and is now a social outcast and has become a recluse
1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote:Moronic derby fan
Maybe if he understood what a fantastic achievement it is to play pro football at any level.
These are just very talented working class lads.
So to post what he did is beyond comprehension for me.
I know one toon fan a man in his 40s never been in any trouble in his life ;got full of the bevvy against the mackems who won,trouble kicked off and he steamed in after the game and punched a coppers horse.
Ended in a custodial sentence,
Lost his job and is now a social outcast and has become a recluse
Just goes to show stupid/irrational behaviour can ruin your whole life !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Just goes to show stupid/irrational behaviour can ruin your whole life !
like choosing to be a Leeds fan at a young age :( :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:like choosing to be a Leeds fan at a young age :( :wink:
Indeed :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Sorry, but I have to disagree...

You don't choose to support Leeds......

It is pre-ordained... You have no choice..... You have to be chosen..... :wink:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:
Sorry, but I have to disagree...

You don't choose to support Leeds......

It is pre-ordained... You have no choice..... You have to be chosen..... :wink:
I was, at 16 or 17, when Jack Charlton came to my school and spoke about the club. Later, a school friend convinced me that football was better than rugby, which it is, but only just.