Greatest of all time

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
LUFC 1966
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Greatest of all time

Postby LUFC 1966 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 am

Being a Belfast Boy -- George Best was the most skillful player I ever had the privelege to watch .
Dalglish was outstanding . Gerrard a force of nature.

Messi will be the greatest ever if he ever gets Argentina to a World cup final like maradona
The only way is up :tup:

billie1
First Team
First Team

Postby billie1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm

I googled this out of interest and generally the top 3 were Pele , Maradona and Messi . The majority seemingly giving Pele the nod over the other 2 .

My own preference is Cruyff . If for no other reason than I was privileged to see him play once at Wembley . It was breathtaking and I've never seen anything like it before or since . I managed to find an article about that game which I hope will be of interest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... mbley.html

mav
First Team
First Team

Postby mav » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:20 pm

As a Norn Iron type, I never understand why Best is included in this lists, he was very very good, but if he had been joe average off the pitch he would not still be mentioned on it.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:51 pm

mav wrote:As a Norn Iron type, I never understand why Best is included in this lists, he was very very good, but if he had been joe average off the pitch he would not still be mentioned on it.

I saw him play a few times, he was a great and if he were English we'd have won the 70 WC too. Incredible vision and balance, a natural I'm happy to rank alongside Pele and Cryuff. Eddie Gray and George Best were equally skillful but Best could do it much quicker. These guys also never had the benefitt of boot and football technology plus they had to deal with the likes of Hunter, Bremner, Smith and a whole division full of hard men who would last about 5 minutes in todays game before getting sent off

Messi v Hunter or Bremner

Chopper Harris..I'd forgotten Harris. He'd have marked most of todays over paid prima donnas out of the game too playing buy 1970's rules
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

Return to “General Chat”