Leeds v Birmingham - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Leeds v Birmingham - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

Post by lufc1304 »

From what I heard on Sky Sports, we certainly started the brighter, took a deserved lead, but then let Brum back into it. Seems they bossed a lot of the second half without actually testing Felix and we sucker-punched them (am I the only one who spotted Saiz's sublime reverse pass in the build up to the second goal?). As others have said, this was a more typical championship match than Saturday's stroll, and we came through it unscathed. Despite the understandable excitement surrounding our start, we are not the finished article, but we are a team that fights for each other and I think that will carry us through more games where we don't play well than it won't.

By the way, the last time we were top of the second division of English football was 1990 under Wilko. Just saying!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm liking the look of the goal difference column, +12, next best +5,could be worth a point that
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:I said before the game that I'd settle for a scrappy 1-0 as we're not going to go out and dominate every game and win 5-0.

Had we seen a performance like that last season we'd probably all have been saying we played really well to stop a good Birmingham side and win 2-0 but because we're so much better this season some people on social media are saying we were average/poor. I personally thought we dealt very well with a Birmingham side who have some very good individuals and we did have to do much more defensively and through midfield but once again because of our work rate we kept another clean sheet. TC does his homework on teams and knows when and where to change things to keep us competing.
Pontus was immense last night and he's so cool bringing the ball forward and Phillips ran his socks off and took a booking for the team late on when they broke away and he tripped one of the brum player No one in the side can marked down for not trying this season but there were a couple of players who made s few sloppy mistakes. Great win, top of the league, wish it was May 6th about 14.15
Our best two last night Rich

Apparently mate of mine said Eddie Gray & Thom Kirwin were raving about Jannson saying he was immense !

Love to know how many headers/blocks he made, I recall 3 important last ditch tackles/blocks in the first-half
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

gessa wrote:I'm liking the look of the goal difference column, +12, next best +5,could be worth a point that
Yeah I have noticed that a large positive goal difference usually means you are in the running for promotion.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Last night was a big test after the bashing we gave Burton. Totally different game v the Brummies, we had to defend well which we did limiting Brum to a couple of half-chances. How 'arry can say they outplayed us is crazy talk, the sort of bull he has been churning out for many years.
Unfortunately our passing game didn't come off for us but at least we were attempting to play attacking football rather than hoofing it which is often the case when frustration sets in. Just wasn't a game for our flair players.
Boga & Jota were a real handful however we handled them well withstanding anything they threw at us.
Pontus & Phillips were immense with important tackles/blocks/headers throughout the game.
Loved the way Dallas picked up the ball & drove into the box & killed Brum off with another superb finish rather than just play for time !

Top of the league & well deserved.....what more could we ask for :-D

7 - Wiedwald
8 - Ayling
9.5 - Jannson MOTM
8 - Cooper
8 - Anita
7 - O'Kane
9 - Phillips
5 - Alioski
7 - Saiz
6 - Hernandez
7 - Lasogga
Subs
5 - Roofe
7 - Berardi
7 - Dallas
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

rab_rant wrote:Slept like a baby. There is something about being top of the league that gives you a good nights sleep,
and when you wake up in the morning, the bacon sausage and egg with brown sauce never tasted better.
I had you down as a Prosecco and smoked salmon brekkie sort of fan. Just goes to show...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Boga did cat h the eye, is he the one on loan from Chelski.???
Yeah, he was a threat, more so then Jota for me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Little comment about Gianni Alioski, have a soft spot for him (probably because he reminds me of my childhood favourite player who unfortunately turned out to be a twot).

Didnt have the best of nights attacking wise but he was kicked from pillar to post and still tries to beat people, still wants the ball, still works his socks off defensively.

I like him a lot :luv:
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I notice that faaip's tip for doing well, Sheffield United, are only 2 points behind us - they're doing really well too.
Tight at the top.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote:Little comment about Gianni Alioski, have a soft spot for him (probably because he reminds me of my childhood favourite player who unfortunately turned out to be a twot).
Harry Kewell ? He was one of my favourite players, and I supported through the Revie years.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Little comment about Gianni Alioski, have a soft spot for him (probably because he reminds me of my childhood favourite player who unfortunately turned out to be a twot).

Didnt have the best of nights attacking wise but he was kicked from pillar to post and still tries to beat people, still wants the ball, still works his socks off defensively.

I like him a lot :luv:
I gave him 5 in my ratings, poorest player on the park

Think Alioski will be better in our away games

Says enough Cjay :wink:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I had you down as a Prosecco and smoked salmon brekkie sort of fan. Just goes to show...
Now that's my kinda breakfast! :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Now that's my kinda breakfast! :lol:
I enjoy both Swan :lol:

On our last two day stay in a hotel during September

Day 1 - Eggs Benedict

Day 2 - Fried Brekkie

Shame they didn't have porridge on the menu for starters :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote:Harry Kewell ? He was one of my favourite players, and I supported through the Revie years.
I missed the Revie years, so by a distance Harry Kewell was my favourite player :-D :-D :-D
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:I gave him 5 in my ratings, poorest player on the park

Think Alioski will be better in our away games

Says enough Cjay :wink:
Cant he have a 6 :(

If only for his hair
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

I enjoy both Swan :lol:

Day 1 - Eggs Benedict

Day 2 - Fried Brekkie

Bacon butty with HP sauce.

Fried kippers with vinegar, pepper and buttered bread.

Simple, great tasting food.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

whiteswan wrote: Now that's my kinda breakfast! :lol:
Where I come from breakfast is some combination of:

boudin
biscuits and sausage gravy
eggs, scrambled or over easy
buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit (peaches, apples, or blueberries) in the batter, with pure maple syrup
ham, bacon, or sausage (or perhaps a nice thick smoked pork chop or even a steak)
hash brown potatoes or grits
fresh squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
coffee

I do believe we Americans have the best breakfast, but I think our breakfasts also explain why we Americans also have the best obesity. :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

John in Louisiana wrote:Where I come from breakfast is some combination of:

boudin
biscuits and sausage gravy
eggs, scrambled or over easy
buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit (peaches, apples, or blueberries) in the batter, with pure maple syrup
ham, bacon, or sausage (or perhaps a nice thick smoked pork chop or even a steak)
hash brown potatoes or grits
fresh squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
coffee

I do believe we Americans have the best breakfast, but I think our breakfasts also explain why we Americans also have the best obesity. :roll:
I remember being in California in the eighties. Me and a friend were driving from San Francisco to LA via Pacific Coast Highway 1 ( I think thats what it was called) through all the tall redwood trees. We'd stayed in some motel that didnt do breakfast so after we'd been on the road for a few hours we were starving. We stopped at a breakfast cafe and I have to say it was the best breakfast I have ever had. Bacon, sausage, over easy eggs for me, biscuits (a bit like our scones) hashbrowns and a never ending supply of coffee. Absolutely fantastic and I have never forgotten it :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:Bacon butty with HP sauce.

Fried kippers with vinegar, pepper and buttered bread.

Simple, great tasting food.
HP ruins a good bacon butty Norm!
Supposedly the smokehouse in Whitby does the best kippers ever - so Ive heard... :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:I enjoy both Swan :lol:

Day 1 - Eggs Benedict

Day 2 - Fried Brekkie

Sounds yum! ( except for the porrige that is ) :)