Millwall v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Could equally though have said that Alioski was unlucky to have lost his place in the previous match having been mom in the game before that. The benefit of having a good squad.
Alioski lost his place due to injury, I suppose you could say he was unlucky. His best performances have been in our away matches where he gets more room on the break. Tries to do too much at ER where he invariably has four or five defenders to beat. He was really poor v Brum
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

He wasn't injured or he wouldn't have been on the bench - rested after playing both international matches for Macedonia.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

All Leeds players should be issued with ear plugs to block out the interference from Millwall fans, then just play as normal and they will easily overcome the inferior opposition. Hope there's a good ref who takes no nonsense on the day

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Were you in the lower-tier behind the goal Cjay ?

It would really kick-off if they put Leeds fans in there !
I cant remember 64, it was so long ago cant even remember if it was at the Ricoh or Highfield Road.

Just remember what a nasty bunch they were. Horrible fans that day, wasnt a few idiots it seemed to be the lot of them.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:I cant remember 64, it was so long ago cant even remember if it was at the Ricoh or Highfield Road.

Just remember what a nasty bunch they were. Horrible fans that day, wasnt a few idiots it seemed to be the lot of them.
Oh it was at Coventry not down at Millwall ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:He wasn't injured or he wouldn't have been on the bench - rested after playing both international matches for Macedonia.
Sorry my mistake, of course he was rested :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Oh it was at Coventry not down at Millwall ?
Yeah sorry it was at Coventry but we were sat within throwing distance. Put me of going to see Millwall ever again, crap team anyways :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Yeah sorry it was at Coventry but we were sat within throwing distance. Put me of going to see Millwall ever again, crap team anyways :roflmao:
They have caused many problems on their travels.

Leeds, West Ham, Spurs, Hull, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Leicester & at the Wembley Play-Off Final in May this year are the ones I can recall in recent times. Problem is the FA/FL do sod all about their continuous bad behaviour.

Much safer on their own patch as the local police force have got them sussed & as a consequence are well organised with good segregation & policing although they have had isolated problems within The Den
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:They have caused many problems on their travels.

Leeds, West Ham, Spurs, Hull, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Leicester & at the Wembley Play-Off Final in May this year are the ones I can recall in recent times. Problem is the FA/FL do sod all about their continuous bad behaviour.

Much safer on their own patch as the local police force have got them sussed & as a consequence are well organised with good segregation & policing although they have had isolated problems within The Den
Its just sad, they seem stuck in a time warp, and the saddest bit is its not kids causing the trouble. Its fat, middle aged men in tops 2 sizes to small, probably with kids of there own. Utterly pathetic. But anyways there gonna get handed a footballing lesson :twisted:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

As for the team.

. . . . . . . . . . . Wiedwald . . . . . . . . .

Ayling . . . . Cooper . . . Pontus . . . .Berardi

. . . . . . . . . . O'Kane . . Phillips . . . . . . . . .

Alioski . . . . . . . . Saiz . . . . . . . . . . Dallas

. . . . . . . . . . . . Lasogga . . . . . . .

Berardi because he is more aggressive then Anita, not that Anita has done anything wrong just think we need that aggressive nature in a game like this.

Dallas (not a big fan) but he deserves a chance and he will battle more than Hernandez. Alioski is my favourite player, as others have said his best games have been away from home and he isnt afraid to track back and work hard, also if any player is going to frustrate Millwall and there fans it's him.

Saiz has beem the star this season and like Alioski i think he will thrive at Millwall. Bit harsh on Roofe maybe but he didn't do anything against Brum to earn his start back.

Lasogga ( if here) if not then Grot, big and strong, not afraid to get stuck in as he showed by sending Traore flying within moments of his debut, feel he will turn out to be an important player.

Bench.
Lonergan
Anita
Pennington (if fit) if not Shaun (cba typing his full name)
Klich (like to see Vieira but doesnt seem likely)
Roofe
Hernandez
Cibicki
Signed

King Cjay

Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Has Lasogga's partner given birth yet?
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Don't think TC will make many changes if any :

Wiedwald

Ayling Jansson Cooper Anita

Phillips O'Kane

Alioski Sáiz Hernández

Lasogga
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Interesting insight from Christiansen on what he expects from his team, style of play/tactics.....a very intelligent footballing man !

He joked that if he needs any advice,"he approaches Victor Orta who is the wikipedia of football"

Cooper fit for Millwall
Pennington very close but probably not for the cup at Burnley

Lasogga's wife still not given birth yet !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do like Lasogga...I think he has goals in him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

First championship game of this season I'm not attending today, unfortunately missing the next four games :( I'll be back for the short trip to Hillsborough

Hope my non-attendance hasn't put the mockers on our great start
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Stay safe everyone who is travelling.

Always a tough game away to Millwall but they are languishing down the bottom and I would hope to come away with all 3 points.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote:I travel on a coach with the Griffin Branch. All the supporters club coaches are parked outside the Leeds end with plenty of police presence & not a Wall fan in sight. We are allocated in the upper-tier of the stand behind the goal, the lower-tier remains empty apart from the stewards & a few bobbies.

Leeds fans of course make all the noise within the ground as Millwall are a typical League One type masquerading as a Championship club.

The main problems occur on the journey home as 100's of 'Wall fans hang around the pubs on the main road out of South-East London. I remember having one of our windows bricked when travelling with the official LUFC coaches a few years ago, was a bit scary but hey-ho the sort of idiotic behaviour you expect from a minority of football yobs.
a lot of the trouble occurs outside the ground by the locals who don't even attend the match all coming from surrounding estates to lob bricks and bottles at you , I have not felt threatened or worried over the last 3 visits down there and twice we have gone by train and made our way from kings cross over there , once by car and parked 1/4 mile away and walked into the ground and back to the car with no bother at all .

now this is when wall away was dodgy = cold blow lane (the old den )

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

faaip wrote:I do like Lasogga...I think he has goals in him

I'll give it a bit longer
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I left my heart in Sam Planks Disco