Millwall v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Millwall v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote:Faaip, disagree on Wiedwald, wasnt to easy to tell how good the saves were but he made them, if he hadnt it would have been 6 or 7. Thought he did ok with crosses to saw a few nice punches but was difficult on that stream

they were hit straight at him, you'd blame him badly if they scored form anyone of those weak shots...He spilled two, one was converted from the rebound should probably have stood. The save from the header was because he was slow and positioned badly made an easy save look good imo. I hold my breath everytime he's involved because he inspires no confidence, I'm now expecting him to mess up anytime.

Distribution is poor, two/three mis hit kicks and nit just today plus I hate the fannying around he does with chest traps and controling a bouncing ball with the feet..just catch the damn thing and throw it out. He's becoming my least favourite player quickly
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

rab_rant wrote:Millwall are rockin' all over the world.
Better team on the day.
Played better when Dallas and Roofe came on
Wasted lots of chances at the end with faffing
about instead of crossing into the big men Grot
and Lasogga.
Just about sums it up,Rab...we have now tasted defeat...hopefully that won't be a nice taste for the boys....better team won...dust ourselves down for Ipswich next Saturday....Burnley can be a training session :wink:

MOT !!! :shirt: :shirt:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -1-0-leeds
Highlights for any masochists amongst you, there all Millwall, every single one
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Not sure there are any positives there, second best all over the park. If they had been any good up top they could have had a hatful.
Pontus....one man defence today !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:Millwall used blockers early in runs to slow down our speed, happened to Alioski a few times and Roofe twice, second time Roofe asked the ref for obstruction. It prevented us playing the ball in behind their defence for our speed guys to run onto ... big part of our game.
What do you mean by blockers faaip...were they fouling a lot?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:Pointless having any big men in the box the way we fannied about with the ball. Lasogga & Grot had no service whatsoever !
Millwall played 4-4-2 with tight packing between the lines
and it completely stifled our play. I do hope no other teams
pick up on that tactic cos we just can not cope with it when
we try to play free flowing football. If that tactic is employed
then all I can see is our goals coming from set pieces and
not from open play.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'm actually glad LUTV screwed up. I don't think I'd have enjoyed watching that 'mare!
Thanks for the commentary folks, as ever.

What TC does next could make or break our season.
The Millwall manager got it right against us even if it was an exercise in cheating.

Pretty football's great but our new players will have learned what the Championship is today.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote:What do you mean by blockers faaip...were they fouling a lot?

not really, I noticed on several occasions Millwall would have a guy running in front of our guy and slowing down, a bit like when a ball is going out for a goal kick and the defender uses his body slow down the attacker and forces him to go round. But in these instances they happened midfield areas and allowed other defenders time to come across and get the ball
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -1-0-leeds
Highlights for any masochists amongst you, there all Millwall, every single one
Looking at that again, Millwall goal was offside
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Millwall basically nullified our pace.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Looking at that again, Millwall goal was offside

As I said at the time ...miles offside. Millwall did get the ref breaks today but we deserved nothing. TC got it tactically wrong and then no plan B. Hopefully a one off.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Millwall played 4-4-2 with tight packing between the lines
and it completely stifled our play. I do hope no other teams
pick up on that tactic cos we just can not cope with it when
we try to play free flowing football. If that tactic is employed
then all I can see is our goals coming from set pieces and
not from open play.
Our players wanted one touch too many around the box when they had a chance to pop the ball into the danger area especially O'Kane, Dallas & Ayling :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:As I said at the time ...miles offside. Millwall did get the ref breaks today but we deserved nothing. TC got it tactically wrong and then no plan B. Hopefully a one off.
Yep but for that poor call we may have a got an out of jail card & come away with an undeserved 0-0 draw, our performance doesn't justify a poor decision
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:... and Berardi doesn't ? You've changed your tune. Anita hasn't filled me with total confidence defensively, and he doesn't add much going forward (Neither does Berardi tbf). I think Berardi would relish playing at Millwall.
After today's fiasco now is the time to ring the changes
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi would have done no better down the left, Borthwick Jackson may have. We have three good right backs two of which are bench players while Ayling is the golden boy.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:they were hit straight at him, you'd blame him badly if they scored form anyone of those weak shots...He spilled two, one was converted from the rebound should probably have stood. The save from the header was because he was slow and positioned badly made an easy save look good imo. I hold my breath everytime he's involved because he inspires no confidence, I'm now expecting him to mess up anytime.

Distribution is poor, two/three mis hit kicks and nit just today plus I hate the fannying around he does with chest traps and controling a bouncing ball with the feet..just catch the damn thing and throw it out. He's becoming my least favourite player quickly
I don't think Wiedwald was as bad as you made out Faaip

He made one or two decent saves, yes some were what you call routine stops. Wasn't to blame for the goal. Worst players on the park today
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

As I said over on the other place, disappointing and we all hate losing (especially to them) but I think people are really panicking too easily.
No complaints about the score......probably should have been more. They were more physical and bullied us, fair and square most of the time......I will say, however, that the ref let their plays lead with the forearm going up for headers over and over again and seemed to blow up every time our players touched theirs. We'll hopefully learn from this and move on........TC is no one's fool.
If we perform like this only once every eight games then we'll be there or thereabouts.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lonergan would have made all those stops, he's nothing special at all and the errors worry me, too many for a first team keeper. I've not scored him above 6.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:As I said over on the other place, disappointing and we all hate losing (especially to them) but I think people are really panicking too easily.
No complaints about the score......probably should have been more. They were more physical and bullied us, fair and square most of the time......I will say, however, that the ref let their plays lead with the forearm going up for headers over and over again and seemed to blow up every time our players touched theirs. We'll hopefully learn from this and move on........TC is no one's fool.
If we perform like this only once every eight games then we'll be there or thereabouts.
Correct Durly we'll hopefully learn from today's performance :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I think we missed Cooper today

More concerning is the Pontus injury late on in the game, hope it's not a hamstring