Friday's Breakfast Debate - Can we do it/Prutton/Cardiff v Leeds/Goal of the Month

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Friday's Breakfast Debate - Can we do it/Prutton/Cardiff v Leeds/Goal of the Month

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

Realistically, how many games unbeaten can Leeds go?

If we were offered 12, would you take it?
Additionally, if Leeds were to be guaranteed a play off place NOW, would you take it?

David Prutton has compared Leeds United with Huddersfield

“To anyone who says the table doesn’t matter at this stage, I cautiously disagree,” Prutton said.
“A year ago it was Huddersfield Town in first place with 16 points; out of the blue, totally unfancied but sticking around.
“You’d have lost count of the number of people who said it wouldn’t last, and maybe I was one of them, but they did what successful teams do – they gave themselves a cushion.”

Cardiff v Leeds to be televised by Sky on Tuesday 26th Sept

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/902123285?-11130:816:0

Alioski's goal is Sky's Goal Of The Month

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/902211204?-11130:816:0
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......

Post by The Subhuman »

Points in the bag is like runs on the board...league position always matters
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Can we do it/Prutton/Cardiff v Leeds/Goal of the Month

Post by 1964white »

Has to be one of the best starts by a team in the championship over the years

The two firm favourites last season didn't start as well

Newcastle lost their first two then won five matches on the trot = 15 points from their first 7 games

Brighton had also lost two of their opening seven fixtures = 10 points from their first 7 games

Can't recall the Barcodes or the Seagulls having so much pace/skills in their teams, yes they were strong & resilient however Brighton were not at all impressive over the two games v us & Newcastle were not that great against us at ER even though they won the match

Comforting to have a cushion on our supposedly main contenders
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Can we do it/Prutton/Cardiff v Leeds/Goal of the Month

Post by Ratscoot »

Not sure how long the unbeaten run will last as been said many times over the years there's no easy games in the Championship, that said we are very difficult to score against so it's going to be a top team that beats us.

Would I take a play off now, nope because I think we can take one of the automatic places
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote:Not sure how long the unbeaten run will last as been said many times over the years there's no easy games in the Championship, that said we are very difficult to score against so it's going to be a top team that beats us.

Would I take a play off now, nope because I think we can take one of the automatic places
I'm with you Rat :tup: after seeing how good we are in all areas of our team & the football we are playing I'd be disappointed if we are not challenging for an automatic position.
I haven't witnessed a better team then us yet & the majority of the main contenders are not pulling up any trees up in this league, the likes of Villa, Hull & Reading must be very disappointed with their start. Boro', Fulham & Derby are not setting the world on fire in their opening games too !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dont see any reason why we cant win our next three at least, nothing to fear imo.

Millwall- people say the Dens intimidating, they will be rough blah blah, well the Stadium Of Lights intimidating, The City Grounds intimidating, The Reebok is to. Bolton were rough and aggressive and we won, we dominated the other two and the intimidation quickly became stoney silence. Nothing to fear from Millwall, one place above Sunderland and 11 places below Forest, not worried. :-D

Burnley- Started ok in fairness but watched them the other night and my god there awful, both sides that night were just awful, saw nothing to fear and they wouldn't have won had it not been for an opposition player sending Wood clean through.

Ipswich- People say we havent beaten anyone, well then neither have they, Barnsley, Millwall Brentford and Birmingham, and not exactly convincing in any .

First slight concern is Cardiff, but even them, not really worried, not worried by any team this season, why should we be :scarf2:
Wouldn't take a playoffs now because i firmly believe we are top 2 contenders.

Exactly, people were expecting Huddersfield to drop off and they didnt, why cant that be us this season, :-D

That means Colins nose will be on my tele :pig:

Was a nice strike, yaaay Ali :-D
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I'd certainly take 12 unbeaten (as long as that's not 5 more draws!) Not sure I would take the guaranteed playoffs right now though, early signs are we have more than enough to make the 2 automatic spots, seems to be a good enough vibe about the place to suggest we can cope when the inevitable sticky patch does come and our depth of squad means we are able to cope with injuries as long as we don't have a ridiculously bad run.....starting to believe.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Realistically, how many games unbeaten can Leeds go?

If we were offered 12, would you take it? Yes. Obviously would hope that it wouldn't be 5 draws as would rather have 2 wins and 3 losses than 5 draws.

Additionally, if Leeds were to be guaranteed a play off place NOW, would you take it? Given our appalling record in the play-offs
then the answer would have to be no. However in a few games time then it might be a case that we'd be biting the hand off if we were offered a guaranteed play-off spot.

David Prutton has compared Leeds United with Huddersfield Wow that is some insult. Seriously though the main difference is that Huddersfield went from a side that was involved in a relegation battle the season before to suddenly being up near the top - as such no one really expected them to stick it out. Last season if you took out our first few games and last few games we were probably averaging enough points to be in the top 2 as such it should not be a surprising for us to be where we are.

Cardiff v Leeds to be televised by Sky on Tuesday 26th Sept No surprise there and no doubt we will continue to have matches moved continually - unless we start doing sh*t.

Alioski's goal is Sky's Goal Of The Month Was a cracking strike
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It appears we are all thinking big rather than settling for just for the play-offs

Hope we haven't gone overboard with our thoughts on the new Leeds.

Personally I don't think we have, it's good our fans are positive now rather than having a continuous negative stance on the direction of our club