Burnley v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Burnley v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Love watching these highlights :-D

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Andy gives his analysis of the goals.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Andy gives his analysis of the goals.
Still can't understand why Berardi blatantly pushed the man he was marking especially after the ref had already pulled up a Burnley player seconds earlier at the same corner, absolutely stupid which could have cost us. Vieira's foul on the edge of the box was also foolhardy too !
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Still can't understand why Berardi blatantly pushed the man he was marking especially after the ref had already pulled up a Burnley player seconds earlier at the same corner, absolutely stupid which could have cost us. Vieira's foul on the edge of the box was also foolhardy too !
Just heat of the battle I think mate, yes it was blatant but things similar to that go on all the time, some you win some you lose. Look at the Roofe one, that was an even worse decision for me, the Burnley lad shout clear that no problem without a handful of shirt, glad he did but they are all at it.

There is a tweet from Baerardi holding his hands up saying it was a "s&@t decision"......fair play to him he's held his hands up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Just heat of the battle I think mate, yes it was blatant but things similar to that go on all the time, some you win some you lose. Look at the Roofe one, that was an even worse decision for me, the Burnley lad shout clear that no problem without a handful of shirt, glad he did but they are all at it.

There is a tweet from Baerardi holding his hands up saying it was a "s&@t decision"......fair play to him he's held his hands up.
That's the sort of honest player Gaetano is :tup: he knows he made a silly challenge one I'd expect from one of our younger players. Hopefully he'll show more composure in the future & influences others around him as it was mad panic in those last frantic minutes
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Sorry for the late report hope it is better late than never just had a super busy last 2 days just thought I would contribute with a bit of a story about the game.
Before the game I was hoping for a reaction from Millwall and for us to put in a good performance.
Atmosphere was superb from start to finish in the away end.

First Half: A really bright first 10 minutes from us, however, after that it was one way traffic for Burnley and it looked like only a matter of time until they created a really big chance which they did just before half time but they missed it. Felt quite a lot of players went totally missing in the first half and it almost cost us the game, Berardi constantly faced 2 v 1 situtations from Burnley's left side because of how much Taylor pushed forward and how little Roofe helped him. We were very careless with the ball at times.

Second Half: Thomas quickly changed to a back 3 in a 3-4-2-1 shape, an inspired move as it changed the game for us we kept the ball better in Burnley's half and started to build momentum. It also allowed the defence to gain more control of Vokes and Barnes with Berardi on the right of the 3 and Ayling on the left, this led to Wood coming on much earlier than I expected. Much more even second half, although Burnley did go close on various occasions but Lonergan and the back 3 stopped everything from open play. Wood came on and tbf along with Brady were Burnley's best 2 players by a country mile. Taylor gets caught out of position :lol: by Sacko and then we could have gone 2-0 literally seconds after it as Sacko caught Taylor out of position again :lol: but lost his composure at the vital moment. Berardi sadly conceded a really poor penalty and I could tell from the minute he came on Wood was going to end up scoring at some point, scores his penalty and then celebrated (which to me is unforgiveable no respect to his former club or the fans who supported him throughout his time at Leeds. I might be overreacting but I can't stand it when footballers do that.) Totally changed my perception of Wood that tbh (and i'm sure everyone on MOT knows how much I loved Wood at Leeds :wink:) I didn't hold anything against him wanting to play in the premier league but he showed on Tuesday that he really had no affection with Leeds. Just feel really let down tbh :(. Then a crazy last 5 minutes see it finish 2-2.

Extra Time: I thought we were the better team during the 30 minutes we had a few counter attacks but just made one or two poor decisions, I have to say as much as Lasogga had an outstanding debut he hasn't been at all great since then really hope he is an adequate Wood replacement but he is going to have to hold and link up play better and show better movement around the box imo.

Taylor reception: Booed by every Leeds fan every time he touched the ball it was a competition of who could boo the loudest :lol: I tried to start a "your just a sh*t Gaetano Berardi" song but only a couple joined in. The "Charlie Taylor is a w**k*r" song was particularly popular.

Wood reception: A few people booed him as he warmed up but the majority just carried on watching the game and singing the various Charlie Taylor songs. He came on and from where I was the vast majority gave him a good reception tbh I looked around and at least 15-20 fans near me were clapping him onto the pitch I joined in with that as I loved him at Leeds and held nothing against him trying to further his career in the Premier League (which is why I and many other fans felt so let down when he started fist pumping like Steve Evans after he scored his penalty). Didn't get anywhere near as much stick as Taylor. "F**k Chrissy Wood" was the most popular song. He won't be at Burnley long imo if he gets 15+ goals this season I can see him going to an Everton/Southampton level of club. He took the p*ss out of our club yesterday imo by not showing any respect.

Player Ratings:

Lonergan 8- 2 really good saves and a great penalty save, he definitely doesn't have Wiedwald's ability in terms of distribution but he looks like a great option as back up.
Berardi 7- Excellent, made a mistake with the penalty but considering he constantly had 2 v 1 situations on his side because Roofe wouldn't track back and Taylor pushed forward a lot he did really well. Then excellent on the right of the back 3. That tackle on Taylor though. If he doesn't start Saturday at LB I will be really disappointed tbh. Just misses out on an 8 because of the penalty but it really is great to have him back he is a hero.
Shaugnessy 8- Brilliant massively improved from Millwall didn't give Vokes or Barnes any space and he didn't let them bully him. A bigger challenge when Wood came on but he did well.
Ayling 9- Man Of The Match he's just so good, outstanding on the ball and showed brilliant leadership demanding Pablo took the pen when Lasogga wanted it. Easily one of the best players we have had since the Premier League days. There's only one Luke Ayling :scarf1:
Borthwick-Jackson 3- :shock: Absolutely awful performance.
Klich 8- His passing, vision and composure is just on another level. KP and EOK have been exceptional so far but can't help but feel that it is a massive waste of talent not having Klich playing much in the league. That no-look pass in the first half of extra time was incredible.
Vieira 6- Not one of TOORV best games some poor passing but much better when we switched to 3-4-3
Roofe 5- Started well but just didn't have an impact on the game overall needs to work harder defensively in the big games like this against the better teams when playing out wide.
Cibicki 5- Had one good run at Burnley in the second half very quiet for most of the game.
Dallas 7- The left wing back role suits him well, has made incredible progress this season.
Grot 4- Very poor tbh constantly lost the ball trying the same turn about 3-4 times losing the ball each time.
Subs:
Sacko 7- Brilliant intial impact and did well at RWB caused Taylor a lot of problems. Some poor decision making also but this was much better from Hadi. His best performance for a year :tup:.
Hernandez 8- Outstanding what a pass for the first goal and his off the ball work was very good as well.
Lasogga 6- Didn't hold the ball up particularly well but some good link up play didn't really get any chances to get a goal in normal time.
Alioski 7- Had a good impact and tracked back well.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Click the link to see how Leeds treated Charlie Taylor.
It may not look like it in the video but Charlie received
some serious dick punching.
I wonder if you could make that into a screen saver :roflmao:

Grot and Roofe say welcome back Charlie Taylor
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Carbon copy Klich???