Burnley v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Burnley v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by BobHirst »

Obviously, I'm not complaining about being awarded a penalty....but why did the ref give that one? :?
There is as much or more 'stuff' going on, EVERY time the ball is in the box.
Was it just a 'make-up' call for the penalty he gave to Burnley?

I wish they would either punish ALL offences (see how quickly the players would stop doing all that 'stuff') or just let them do anything (which is pretty much as it currently is) without risk of a referee suddenly deciding to award a penalty.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I had problems....couldn't connect either....but hey! We won....
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Lonergan MOTM for me made some pretty courageous saves during the game
Not afraid to come and claim the ball in his box and got down well to make
some good saves and the icing on the cake was the penalty save.
Well played from the backup keeper.

Oh and HAdi Sacko my have resurrected his career with that goal.
Happy for the boy. Hope he has regained his confidence.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Sat on the train and still buzzing from last night, I know I said I wasn't that bothered about last nights game but that was one hell of a performance, we had a plan stuck to it, bit lucky at times but we won and that's what matters.

TC has built a real squad who on the whole all play for the shirt and it's brilliant to see
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

TC post match.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Having now watched the highlights and enjoying them , one question springs to mind ? where the fook was Cooper when Sacko scored his goal ???. NOWHERE to be seen . He got caught like that all the time at Leeds as well ,
Cooper premiership player my ar5e .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
hector

Post by hector »

beer belly bert wrote:Having now watched the highlights and enjoying them , one question springs to mind ? where the fook was Cooper when Sacko scored his goal ???. NOWHERE to be seen . He got caught like that all the time at Leeds as well ,
Cooper premiership player my ar5e .

Time to get off the beer Burt.... :shock: :shock:

I think you must have been seeing double... Cooper is on OUR side... :wink:

Do you perchance mean Taylor?? :lol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What little I saw Lonergan seemed to be at the top of his game...must push the lacklustre patchy Wiedwald soon. Bizarre ending but good to see we don't need Chris to take the penalties now.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

By the way at what point do we start taking this comp seriously?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

[quote="beer belly bert"]Having now watched the highlights and enjoying them , one question springs to mind ? where the fook was Cooper when Sacko scored his goal ???. NOWHERE to be seen . He got caught like that all the time at Leeds as well ,
Cooper premiership player my ar5e .[/quote

Cooper is a Leeds player and a very much improved player under TCs guidance
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote:Time to get off the beer Burt.... :shock: :shock:

I think you must have been seeing double... Cooper is on OUR side... :wink:

Do you perchance mean Taylor?? :lol:
Five degrees of separation surely.

Cooper -> Cooler -> Coolor -> Toolor ->Toylor ->Taylor
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Great performance from a makeshift defence, Lonergan was my MOM and should be first choice imo. Also why oh why do players keep risking pulling shirts in the box, just dont do it :duno:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Also struggled to get on the site last night after the game - thought it must have been the amount of traffic in all the excitement after our win :lol:

Managed to catch the game from about 30 mins in on a pretty good stream. Thought there were loads of positives last night beating a strong Burnley side who were pretty formidable at home last season having made 9 changes ourselves. Yes we gave up a lot possession but most of it was reasonably well coped with and we were by no means outclassed.

Thought Lonergan did really well in goal last night, just feel more confident with him there than Felix, don't know why as Felix hasn't really made any howlers but just comes across as a bit unreliable.

New lads did well I thought, Klich, Grot and Ciblicki - none of them had worldies but all showed enough to make you think they can play a bit and that they have added something to the squad giving TC good options - need time to adapt a bit and settle in but promising.

MOTM for me was Shaunessey - for a young lad who has dropped from CM to CB he looks calm and reads the game well - if he can play and train alongside Pontus and learn his trade we could have a proper player there - again proves he's ready to step up if needed and gives TC options again.

Highlight of the night has to be Berardi wanting to chin the Burnley lad who gave him the cut, glad he needed treatment otherwise I think he would have flattened the bloke. I know he gave away the penalty and it was needless but this guy is great, not the best footballer but he's just the sort of guy I want to see in Leeds shirt.

As for the pens what can you say - keeper never had a chance. When ET was up I had pretty much written us off.....good job I've no idea what I'm on about :lol:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

beer belly bert wrote:Having now watched the highlights and enjoying them , one question springs to mind ? where the fook was Taylor when Sacko scored his goal ???. NOWHERE to be seen . He got caught like that all the time at Leeds as well ,
Taylor premiership player my ar5e .

sorry folks too much Spanish sun and sangria :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Fantastic result, hope we can go all the way to Wembley.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Fantastic result listened to the game on LUTV.
I wasn't to bothered what happened with this game but was hoping we could do the business as they had some of our Ex players, to do it without some of our key personnel was fantastic after the disappointment of Millwall.
Now we must recover and try and get a result on Saturday cause that's what matters most.

In Thomas we trust M.O.T
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What I want to know is how many people enjoyed Grot's shoulder charge on Charlie Taylor
That sent him flying over the sideline and almost ending up licking TC's boots :roflmao:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:What I want to know is how many people enjoyed Grot's shoulder charge on Charlie Taylor
That sent him flying over the sideline and almost ending up licking TC's boots :roflmao:
I also enjoyed when Charlie went missing leaving Sacko with oceans of space to run into :-D

Premiership left-back......you're having a laugh :roflmao:
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:What little I saw Lonergan seemed to be at the top of his game...must push the lacklustre patchy Wiedwald soon.
I think all managers have 1 player that they will always persevere with regardlesss and i think Wiedwald is TC's.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Yep, tried to get on forum last night...no connection....watched the whole match on Bein Sports in Arabic...not overly fussed about the League Cup but enjoyable game.

MOT :shirt: :shirt: :shirt:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......