Sheff Weds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Sheff Weds

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Every clubs supporters like to tell you how it's £37 to come to Leeds and use it as a reason not to travel. Sheffield Wednesday will be charging us Leeds fans £39 for a 12.15 KO on a Sunday live on Sky.
gessa

Re: Sheff Weds

Post by gessa »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Every clubs supporters like to tell you how it's £37 to come to Leeds and use it as a reason not to travel. Sheffield Wednesday will be charging us Leeds fans £39 for a 12.15 KO on a Sunday live on Sky.
Not just us, I think they know we'd sell out pretty much regardless of price.

About time there was a price cap put on tickets.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

If Fulham charge £20 for away fans a club whom will have overheads in the posh part of London surely the other clubs should charge around the same price.

£25 for all championship away matches should be the maximum ticket price

My Sheff Wed ticket is on order though, so fans like me encourage clubs to charge what they want unfortunately
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Ridiculous money. How much is a top premiership game these days?
Horrible how the normal guy on the street must pay these prices, sky subscription and merchandise purchases to fund the ridiculous wages and fees.
An impossible train to stop though, untill it hits a financial wall and it all goes pear shaped
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:Ridiculous money. How much is a top premiership game these days?
Horrible how the normal guy on the street must pay these prices, sky subscription and merchandise purchases to fund the ridiculous wages and fees.
An impossible train to stop though, untill it hits a financial wall and it all goes pear shaped
Premiership clubs currently charge £25 where as Championship clubs charge much higher prices to watch 2nd tier football. Obviously the FA/Sky subsidise the money-bag prem clubs
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:If Fulham charge £20 for away fans a club whom will have overheads in the posh part of London surely the other clubs should charge around the same price.
Fulham have upped their price to £40 for our game in April. That is for a ticket in the neutral section. Plus last year it was £25 - £20 for OAP's (like me :wink: ) and teenagers (like my 23 year old son with a full beard :) ).
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

£40 at Fulham ?! Game has gone mad !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Every clubs supporters like to tell you how it's £37 to come to Leeds and use it as a reason not to travel. Sheffield Wednesday will be charging us Leeds fans £39 for a 12.15 KO on a Sunday live on Sky.
4,600 sold out after 15 minutes.. !!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:Premiership clubs currently charge £25 where as Championship clubs charge much higher prices to watch 2nd tier football. Obviously the FA/Sky subsidise the money-bag prem clubs
Madness!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Trouble is because we travel in numbers and pretty much always sell out our allocation the home teams directors get greedy, rubbing their hands with glee when they see when they are playing us, bumper return especially when you think what we spend in the bar
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't