Grot and Cibicki

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Grot and Cibicki

Post by Cjay »

First start for both, neither were spectacular, Grot in particular struggled without being really poor.

But what do we think? Early days i know but first impressions, lets go direct replacements

Grot or Doukara
Cibicki or Antonsson
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Grot and Cibicki

Post by 1964white »

Far too early to make a judgement yet Cjay :shock:

I thought Cibicki showed some nice touches on his debut v Burnley, he got taken out a couple of times when running at the clarets defence, overall I didn't think he did too bad !

Grot is clearly not ready yet but hopefully with the game experience he's had so far & with TC's coaching he'll come good
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Far too early to make a judgement yet Cjay :shock:

I thought Cibicki showed some nice touches on his debut v Burnley, he got taken out a couple of times when running at the clarets defence, overall I didn't think he did too bad !

Grot is clearly not ready yet but hopefully with the game experience he's had so far & with TC's coaching he'll come good
Kinda early but i was having trouble sleeping so typing that wasted some time :roflmao:

No harm in a first impressions thing though :-D
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Grot did look out of his depth and a bit of a headless chicken but I feel confidence with TC's guidance that he could become a very decent player. CIbicki was very quiet early on and looks very lightweight but showed some good touches and has a bit of skill about him and could be a good player - likely some games will suit him better than others as if he is given a bit of space in a less physical match he could do very well. Both showed why TC/Orta were keen to get the Lasogga deal done as neither look to be a no.9 yet.

The comparison to Doukara and Antonnsen would for me have Doukara as edging Grot at present but Grot has more potential. Antonnsen looks more of a goal poacher than Cibicki but I feel Cibicki's all round game could be better.

The key though is that TC has presumably seen something in both of them that he feels he can he can turn them into decent players. Given what he has done with Shaugnessy and Sacko (and also the likes of Phillips, O'Kane and Dallas) then they both should have the chance to improve so it then boils down to how much desire they have.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

For Cibicki i thought he looked decent, technically good, intelligent with a bit of pace, but my god he is skinny, looks like a light breeze would send him flying :shock: But im sure working with Pablo will help him, someone like that can teach him a lot imo.

Grot is as raw as an uncooked steak, not a great first touch against Burnley and did a lot of running about, obviously keen to impress which is nice. But "raw potential" lovely cliche but its true, to look at him he has 3 things you cant teach, height, strength and pace, the technical stuff can all be taught to some degree, movement, how to use your body, improving touch and finishing etc, all can be taught.

Was probably unfair to compare him to Douk after a few games but i was tired :roflmao:

However TC has shown this season he and his coaching staff can help players improve, Cooper, Phillips, Shaunie, and Sacko if he carries on where he left off against Burnley.

And for proof he can improve a striker look at Pieros Sotiriou, before TC arrived at APOEL he was a highly rated lad with a ton of potential who had a decent if unspectacular record, 1in3 roughly. In TCs one season he scored 27 in 53 with 5 of those coming in Europe and earned a move to a bigger league. And Grot has more natural gifts then he did, so i have faith :-D

I imagine if Sotiriou hadnt already gone when TC arrived then we would have ended up with him, looked him up on youtube and he is very talented.

Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

A 'Cantona' goal - I remember him scoring a similar one for us in '92 - very good.