Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:27 pm Spot on, Genghers. Bielsa picks players who fit his system, not a system to fit the players. No problem with that but, imo, Vieira has too much potential to just be let go. If Sampdoria want him, let's loan him out if he's not in our plans. He could come back twice the player. If he doesn't, then we re-think
I've never seen it work in any sport. It takes 2-3 years to pull it together and by then it's usually bye bye. The best coaches design/build a system around the players they have with the odd addition or up grade.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

There was a tweet from i think BBC Sport during the Stoke game.

Something like.

"Mateusz Klich pressing Joe Allen isnt even funny anymore.
If Klich pushes Allen any further back he will be back at Liverpool in 2016".

Typified him, he was classy, cool, calm but like the rest of the team he worked his butt off.

When he went off we definitely lost composure in the midfield.

Took his goal well and biggest credit i can give him is when he went off he seemed to get a bigger roar of appreciation then the popular Samu Saiz who himself had played well.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Intersting Cjay, how Biesla dealt with Question on Kilch, most probably lowering expectations and pressure off him. Sign of a good manager

"We had a series of circumstances. We sold Ronaldo Vieira. Adam Forshaw got injured. And he (Klich) played a game during our pre-season we won 4-3. And we saw a big, positive change in his game. I saw he had many skills similar to Forshaw's. His game today had good things and less good things. We have to admit he played well, but he still has many skills he needs to use and show us."
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It sounds as if he's going to have to prove himself again and still not be a regular starter when Forshaw gets back, unless something else changes.
Bielsa's seen last seasons games - all of them - so he may have a doubt somewhere about him - maybe it's the tweet, as we know he's big on discipline. "he still has many skills he needs to use and show us" can be positive or negative, especially as it's likely a translation. I expect I'll just have to keep trusting Bielsa and see what happens. I hope our Pole breaks through eventually.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Norm wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:03 am It sounds as if he's going to have to prove himself again and still not be a regular starter when Forshaw gets back, unless something else changes.
Bielsa's seen last seasons games - all of them - so he may have a doubt somewhere about him - maybe it's the tweet, as we know he's big on discipline. "he still has many skills he needs to use and show us" can be positive or negative, especially as it's likely a translation. I expect I'll just have to keep trusting Bielsa and see what happens. I hope our Pole breaks through eventually.
Due to circumstances (i.e. the injury and sale) perhaps he will be given a run of games and can make it incredibly hard for Bielsa to drop him. I think Bielsa will want to see big improvements from all players and we will find out which players can continue to progress and which will hit their ceilings.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'm sure you're right weasel, especially in that he'll want to see more from all.
I hope they're not too knackered to be happy at the improvement in their quality and stamina.
This is where any midweek games may need player rotation, especially from those doing the high press.
That must, mentally, be a harder thing to do than we can imagine - every game keep going or else the punt overhead will get you.
Have you ever played in a team that did that high-energy stuff?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

My feelings are that the defensive midfielder and 2 centrebacks will fairly much not be rotated as they will be less impacted by the high pressing. The wingers and fullbacks I would imagine would be rotated far more as they will be doing so much more running so a lot depends on the natural fitness of those players as to how much they will need rotating. Ayling has always looked like a player that has no stamina problems and Douglas appears to be the same having started 39 of Wolverhampton's league matches last season, and they play a similarish way. Thankfully it looks like we look strong in numbers in the wide areas, Berardi can replace Ayling (not to the same effect but certainly not an issue), Dallas, Pearce, Alioski can also slot in for Douglas. With the wingers there is plenty of scope for rotation with Hernandez, Alioski, Dallas and Harrison all wingers and Roofe and Roberts looking capable of playing there too. Similarly Hernandez can move inside if Saiz is rested. Up front and we have Roofe, Bamford and Roberts. Central midfield possibly a little light at present with just Phillips and Klich with Baker as back up but once Forhsaw is back we have 4 for 2 positions so not an issue.

I think the high press is to a large degree almost the same as just setting the team up and saying get stuck into them and don't give them time on the ball. Obviously more to it in terms of the professional game as you have more time to work with players so they are constantly moving into positions well before the opposition gets the ball and almost setting traps, hunting in packs almost rather than just each player being responsible for picking up their man. The key is being able to keep pressing with 2 or 3 closing down each opposition player as they receive the ball and that has to be done very quickly once the opposition have the ball so that their players are out of position.

I enjoyed setting my team up in a 523 formation. I had 2 fullbacks who were given license to go forward at will. 3 centrebacks with any centreback being allowed to run out with the ball from the back and simply keep going (this could cause chaos as the opposition wouldn't know who was marking him and as such space could open very quickly). 2 central midfielders and then 3 up front with 2 going wide when we lost the ball (so 523 when in possession 541 when not). The key was trying to make it so that we could try to outnumber the opposition everywhere and if the players pressed then it worked well - however, and this will be relevant to Leeds, if 1 player was lazy then gaps quickly appear, the high press only works well if everyone does their job.

Towards the end of the match some of our players were out on their feet, Alioski and Saiz suffering cramp but also others looking tired. That could be a worry if the starting players can't all last 90 minutes because making substitutions can lead to problems as the players coming on will not be up to match speed for a few minutes. At the moment though I wouldn't be worried as it was a very hot day and it was the first match so I wouldn't expect everyone to be at full match fitness yet - and no point the players being at peak condition yet as that would lead to problems later in the season. People mentioned we lost a bit when Klich went off but I would say it was also due to the fitness levels dropping all round as well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

A lot of that will be the heat....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Is Klich having more of an impact on those around him then he gets credit for?

Goals are lovely and an assist.

But his calmness, he won the ball back yesterday 1st half and drove forward, Saiz was free in the middle, Klich played a lovely no look pass to Saiz and Samu had a shot saved.

2nd half gets the ball on the corner of the box, players around him, no panic, waited and picked out Saiz with a lovely crossfield outside of the boot pass, it lead to the Roofe header Ayling chance.

Whenever Saiz gets the ball Klich is nearby, as evidence by the goal and a few other moments, he is always available.

When Phillips went forward vs Stoke there never was a gap, Klich had the intelligence to plug it.

We havent really had such a calming, all round box to box midfielder for some time, im sure his calmness and class is rubbing off on Phillips, its certainly helping Saiz.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Quality was there to see last year and from the odd game I caught in Holland...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:03 am It sounds as if he's going to have to prove himself again and still not be a regular starter when Forshaw gets back, unless something else changes.
Norm I think Klich is a better footballer than Forshaw, he's more direct & delivers a pass quicker, he also scores goals & seems to be a good finisher
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:41 pm When Phillips went forward vs Stoke there never was a gap, Klich had the intelligence to plug it.
Ayling did the same covering KP v Stoke. Bielsa has obviously instilled intelligence into our players minds, not easy for many footballers ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:31 pm Ayling did the same covering KP v Stoke. Bielsa has obviously instilled intelligence into our players minds, not easy for many footballers ;-)
Shame he cant get a decent haircut on some of there heads while he is at it.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich selected for Polish International game against Italy.

Well done Mateusz, totally deserved
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich equalises for Poland in the 87th minute v Republic of Ireland :scar1
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good Goal and Bielsa style build up
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Remember all the doubters ?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Yep - in fairness he didn't get great exposure, especially in the league, but he wasn't given a chance after Cardiff.