Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:48 pm Not saying he can't do it - am certainly hoping he can it just seems strange that if he is as good as he seems in the matches I mentioned how was he signed for only around £1m and why weren't teams queuing up to sign him, either permanently or on loan, when he was deemed surplus to requirements?
I can't answer that Weasel, maybe Bielsa's appointment has inspired him & he's had a attitude change within himself or a different mindset on the direction of his career.
Klich has certainly knuckled down from being on the fringes of the 2nd squad to the likelihood of a place in the first team for the game v Stoke & on current form he is undoubtedly our most impressive midfielder
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

He's a very good player with the ability to run rings around the rest of our squad and most others. Faaip, Cjay and myself have always been in his corner. I imagine he wasn't on anybody else's radar, plus he was definitely under the radar when TC made a prick of himself by ignoring him. One definitely for the present and future, as evidenced by new supporters on here with each passing game.

Welcome home Mateusz and I sincerely hope you have caught our new coach's eye. We need you!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:32 pm He's a very good player with the ability to run rings around the rest of our squad and most others. Faaip, Cjay and myself have always been in his corner. I imagine he wasn't on anybody else's radar, plus he was definitely under the radar when TC made a prick of himself by ignoring him. One definitely for the present and future, as evidenced by new supporters on here with each passing game.

Welcome home Mateusz and I sincerely hope you have caught our new coach's eye. We need you!
You'd hope so Norm, Bielsa would have to be blind not to notice Klich's impact.

That's two matches he has totally dominated admittedly against poor opposition but all the same other players with far more championship games under their belt such as Cooper, Vieira, Saiz & Alioski didn't perform anywhere near the level Klich produced

I'm purring every time he is on the ball :moggy:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Cant disagree with the praise of Klich's performance during yesterdays otherwise fairly drab game. He was simply outstanding from the minute he came on and totally outshone everyone around him. Saiz totally inept again int he first half and Vieira continues to disappoint passing wise. Klich and Baker looked a far better combination than the two they replaced.

Praying that Forshaw's injury isnt as serious as the special air boot makes it look - if its a metatarsal we could be losing him for several weeks. Klich and Forshaw could make a great pair together.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Just because someone played well, doesn't mean our other players were crap.

All sorts of unnecessary Vieira bashing on here today. He's not been playing his natural position and it's obviously taking him longer to adapt than someone like Phillips who has been excellent in that defensive role.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 am Klich and Forshaw could make a great pair together.
Totally agree Gurj :tup:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Genghers wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:56 am Just because someone played well, doesn't mean our other players were crap.

All sorts of unnecessary Vieira bashing on here today. He's not been playing his natural position and it's obviously taking him longer to adapt than someone like Phillips who has been excellent in that defensive role.
Well if the reports are true, RV is on he's way to Sampdoria for €7m. Looks like Bielsa has decided he isnt good enough for us and to be honest on the evidence of what I have seen in last 12-18 months he's correct. RV has lived off that derby game for too long. Not even come close to playing that well since - unlike he's song, he does give the ball away, an awful lot in fact !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:31 am Well if the reports are true, RV is on he's way to Sampdoria for €7m. Looks like Bielsa has decided he isnt good enough for us and to be honest on the evidence of what I have seen in last 12-18 months he's correct. RV has lived off that derby game for too long. Not even come close to playing that well since - unlike he's song, he does give the ball away, an awful lot in fact !
Riot & I stood together in the kop for every home game last season & the subject of our midfield duo Vieira/Phillips often came up in conversation, we both agreed if we want to progress to a higher level we needed better quality players in the engine room. Forshaw came into midfield & showed much more composure than our two academy lads & the inept O'Kane. Now we have witnessed the emergence of Klich who looks infinitely better than the pair of them & tbh he should be being a Polish international. For the last two seasons we have been overrun in midfield as both KP & Vieira were extremely inconsistent, both up & down like yo yo's.
Hopefully Phillips will develop into his new role at the back. Would hope we can retain Vieira as a squad player, as you say Gurj one consolation if he goes is we won't have to endure that stupid song 'he's only a teenager, he never gives the ball away' which is totally untrue....anyway he is a 20yo now :lol:
Bielsa knows the score !
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:07 pm Riot & I stood together in the kop for every home game last season & the subject of our midfield duo Vieira/Phillips often came up in conversation, we both agreed if we want to progress to a higher level we needed better quality players in the engine room. Forshaw came into midfield & showed much more composure than our two academy lads & the inept O'Kane. Now we have witnessed the emergence of Klich who looks infinitely better than the pair of them & tbh he should be being a Polish international. For the last two seasons we have been overrun in midfield as both KP & Vieira were extremely inconsistent, both up & down like yo yo's.
Hopefully Phillips will develop into his new role at the back. Would hope we can retain Vieira as a squad player, as you say Gurj one consolation if he goes is we won't have to endure that stupid song 'he's only a teenager, he never gives the ball away' which is totally untrue....anyway he is a 20yo now :lol:
Bielsa knows the score !
Totally agree Leon - we were over-run in midfield in so many games - they simply weren't as good as we first thought. I genuinely feel that RV hasnt progressed as a player and therefore a move is probably for the best for both parties - providing we spend this transfer cash raised !! Phillips has impressed occasionally but I dont think he has the guile or technical quality to be part of that midfield 2 for a side that wants a promotion run. As you say maybe this new position will be the making of him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:38 pm Totally agree Leon - we were over-run in midfield in so many games - they simply weren't as good as we first thought. I genuinely feel that RV hasnt progressed as a player and therefore a move is probably for the best for both parties - providing we spend this transfer cash raised !! Phillips has impressed occasionally but I dont think he has the guile or technical quality to be part of that midfield 2 for a side that wants a promotion run. As you say maybe this new position will be the making of him.
Some of our fans don't see it but in off the ball situations KP & Ronaldo were often found wanting & chasing shadows v better quality midfielders, yes they had some decents games however they had some real stinkers too !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sorry are we saying Ronaldo Vieira isnt good enough for The Championship but is good enough for Serie A?
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm Some of our fans don't see it but in off the ball situations KP & Ronaldo were often found wanting & chasing shadows v better quality midfielders, yes they had some decents games however they had some real stinkers too !
Leon, you have mail!!!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Some of our fans don't see it but in off the ball situations KP & Ronaldo were often found wanting & chasing shadows v better quality midfielders, yes they had some decents games however they had some real stinkers too !
It's almost alien to be able to have confidence in a couple of OUR midfielders at long last. Let's just hope Bielsa has the same vision.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

RV is a bit like a lot of the players we have. They have the ability to be good/great players but lack the consistency. Even Cooper has had some excellent games for us, likewise Berardi, Phillips, Alioski, Saiz etc. The big question, and probably the reason they are at this level, is can they improve their consistency and be the good player 7 or 8 times in 10 rather than having as many bad matches as good matches.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel wrote:

RV is a bit like a lot of the players we have. They have the ability to be good/great players but lack the consistency. Even Cooper has had some excellent games for us, likewise Berardi, Phillips, Alioski, Saiz etc. The big question, and probably the reason they are at this level, is can they improve their consistency and be the good player 7 or 8 times in 10 rather than having as many bad matches as good matches.
I don't know about those you mentioned but I can see Klich being a consistent high performer, whilst Vieira may develop consistency as he matures. I hope we can benefit from the lad.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

So perhaps we have better options right now and that's fine. Selling off a youngster who is highly regarded at youth international level and who has a few years on his contract for such a small fee is mental.

What's the harm of keeping him at the club, or loaning him out somewhere? He may well be a future star and half our fans are happy to let him leave?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Genghers wrote:

So perhaps we have better options right now and that's fine. Selling off a youngster who is highly regarded at youth international level and who has a few years on his contract for such a small fee is mental.

What's the harm of keeping him at the club, or loaning him out somewhere? He may well be a future star and half our fans are happy to let him leave?
I wasn't advocating selling him Genghers. Loaning him out isn't such a bad idea on its own, although I'd rather keep him and let KP and O'K go. As long as RV has regular football for his development, because he could be huge for us in the near future.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Genghers wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:14 pm So perhaps we have better options right now and that's fine. Selling off a youngster who is highly regarded at youth international level and who has a few years on his contract for such a small fee is mental.

Spot on, Genghers. Bielsa picks players who fit his system, not a system to fit the players. No problem with that but, imo, Vieira has too much potential to just be let go. If Sampdoria want him, let's loan him out if he's not in our plans. He could come back twice the player. If he doesn't, then we re-think
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Gurj wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:31 am Well if the reports are true, RV is on he's way to Sampdoria for €7m. Looks like Bielsa has decided he isnt good enough for us and to be honest on the evidence of what I have seen in last 12-18 months he's correct. RV has lived off that derby game for too long. Not even come close to playing that well since - unlike he's song, he does give the ball away, an awful lot in fact !
Inclined to agree , I don't see him getting too much game time with the competition in midfield so its probably best for him and club . The club is over run almost with midfielders ( some of whom need to go but no one seems to want ....O'Kane for one ) . I'd see Phillips in the same mould , he needs to go elsewhere for game time . Maybe RV could have been loaned out for games , don't know , but to improve he needs games and I don't think he will get that at Leeds right now .....and if its Sampdoria it's not going to be sold to any of the clubs rivals for them to ...right now at this particular time , probably the right move . The fee - around £6m I reckon ...again probably about right .
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Norm wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:25 pm I wasn't advocating selling him Genghers. Loaning him out isn't such a bad idea on its own, although I'd rather keep him and let KP and O'K go. As long as RV has regular football for his development, because he could be huge for us in the near future.
Wasn't aiming my comment at you, Norm - think there were 4 or 5 replies between me typing and posting it!