Sheff Wed v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Sheff Wed v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Postby 1964white » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Leeds travel down to Hillsborough on Sunday lunchtime trying to avoid back to back defeats.

We need put the Cardiff game behind us & bounce back as we did with victories at Burnley & Ipswich after the Miilwall fiasco

Liam Cooper will miss the game at Hillsborough; this gives Matthew Pennington an opportunity to show the TC what he can do, and hopefully forge a long term relationship at the back with Jansson!

Although (imo) Cooper has been playing out of his skin (by his standards), he is still an accident waiting to happen, and the sending off may be a blessing in disguise!

Hopefully O'Kane will have recovered from his illness plus Lasogga, Saiz & Anita return to the first XI,
we need to get back to the majority of the players that having been winning us games

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sheff Wed v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Postby Gandalf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Cooper only has a one game suspension, doesn't he ?
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

1964white

Postby 1964white » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Gandalf wrote:Cooper only has a one game suspension, doesn't he ?

Apologies yes only a one game suspension

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Postby Gurj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am

I would think we will revert to something like this, although personally I would probably go with Dallas ahead of Pablo for reasons ive stated previously about away fixtures. I would definitely start Roofe ahead of Alioski based on recent performances.

Felix
Ayling Pontus Pennington Anita
Roofe O'Kane Phillips Pablo
Siaz
Lasogga
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

Durly
First Team
First Team

Postby Durly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:00 pm

I'd go:

Felix (reluctantly)
Ayling Pontus Pennington Berardi
O'Kane Phillips
Roofe Saiz Alioski
Lasogga

Definitely have Sacko on the bench as he seemed to be hitting form at Burnley and ran them ragged in this fixture last season. I'd like to see what Cibicki is all about soon as well.
I say "reluctantly" re Felix as I'd be strongly tempted to give Lonergan a go purely on shot-stopping ability. Unfortunately, Felix fits the sweeper/keeper game we're playing better.
I'd persevere with Alioski, despite his frustrations at Cardiff. Think he's got the spark and will be great but needs to learn and adapt to the physicality of the English game a bit better. He also performs better when Saiz is in the team with him.......

Cjay
First Team
First Team

Postby Cjay » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Confident about this one :-D

Wednesday are in a bit of a mess.

There not aggressive, there not quick, they dont press, they like to pass out from the back and be patient, last team we played who did that were Forest, we won 2-0, could have been 5-0. :duno:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Weidwald . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ayling . . . . . . . . . . Penny . . . . . . . . Jansson . . . . . . . .Berardi. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Klich . . . . . . . . . . . . O'Kane . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alioski . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Saiz . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Pablo . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Lassy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Back 2 picks itself.

Berardi or Anita is tough but Berardi for me.
Same as some said we cant drop O'Kane and Phillips after there poor performances, think Klich should get another chance, one slip thats all, doesnt make a bad player, he has quality. Wednesday wont be bullying and aggressive and he can pick a pass.

Apart from his goals not a fan of Phillips tbh and flying into tackles on a yellow card is naive.

Reach isnt rated by the Wednesday fans, a winger who is now a full back, bombs forward, space down the right for Ali, if he can find his Forest form he will turn Reach inside out.

Saiz, Pablo and Ali have a great understanding, work well as a 3 and some interplay between them is fantastic, Wednesday arent gonna bully them, not there style so the 3 pick themselves tbh.

Watched the derby, Leon Clarke who is on form atm but has nowhere near Lasoggas talent, Lasogga has the power of Clarke with more technical ability, Clarke bullied Lees and Van Aken last week, Lasogga and Saiz are better players then Clarke and Brooks, tyey can cause problems.

1964white

Postby 1964white » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Gurj wrote:I would think we will revert to something like this, although personally I would probably go with Dallas ahead of Pablo for reasons ive stated previously about away fixtures. I would definitely start Roofe ahead of Alioski based on recent performances.

Felix
Ayling Pontus Pennington Anita
Roofe O'Kane Phillips Pablo
Siaz
Lasogga

I reckon this will be the team to start, maybe Alioski in for Roofe

O'Kane, Siaz & Lasogga should give much more impetus. Wasn't that impressed with one of my favourite players Berardi at Cardiff although that could apply to all tbh. More like the team that has been winning matches on our good run.

Hopefully our top scorer KP scores again to give a strong reason why he should start games, different player to the one that played under Monk even though he can be very frustrating at times !

1964white

Postby 1964white » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Oh & I can't wait to be singing my heart out again on Sunday lunchtime whilst many Leeds fans will be devouring their Yorkshire Puddings :wink:

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:34 pm

After Berardi's last 1 1/2 games we need Anita to start.

jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jindy30 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 am

Well i would like to see Saiz play, with Roofe, and Hernadez on the "flanks" although I dont like to see Hernadez not getting involved if he hugs the touchline too much. Philips and O kane in middle. Defensively it has to change but i hope to see Ayling abd Deradi get forward more.

I honestly think we shouldnt change too much. In fact i wouldnt change anything from last week. Losing to cardiff should be accepted for what it was, unlucky and down to 10 men, but essentially outplayed by a better and stronger team.

Keeping the faith.

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:38 am

gessa wrote:After Berardi's last 1 1/2 games we need Anita to start.

Controversial but I agree :tup:

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:57 am

Neither are long term left backs, I take it CBJ is nowhere near the first team now.

Tough game this and I'd have SW as slight favourites at home in a Yorkshire derby.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Shaughnessy, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Ekuban

Roofe - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:05 am

faaip wrote:Neither are long term left backs, I take it CBJ is nowhere near the first team now.

Tough game this and I'd have SW as slight favourites at home in a Yorkshire derby.

Strange how CBJ was or is highly rated at old trafford, yet he couldn't get into a struggling Wolves team last year and can't get a game in a team without a recognised LB, must be something there.

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am

Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

Ronan
Manager
Manager

Postby Ronan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:59 am

:shirt: :shirt: :shirt: :shirt: :shirt: :shirt: MOT !!!

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:04 am

Just off to pub. Hopefully to celebrate.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 am

Line up with my season ratings

Wiedwald - 4
Ayling - 9
Pennington - 7
Jansson 9
Berardi - 6
Phillips - 7
O'Kane - 7
Roofe - 8
Saiz - 9
Alioski - 7
Lasogga - 7
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Shaughnessy, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Ekuban

LevLeeds
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Postby LevLeeds » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:14 am

Good sounding starting line up announced, Looking fwd to this. Im going 3-0 Leeds. :)

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:21 am

Good chance Phillips missed high and wide after good work from Saiz
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 am

Phillips caught ball watching, loses possession
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Return to “General Chat”