September Player Of The Month

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Poll ended at Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Luke Ayling
50%
Pierre-Michel Lasogga
13%
Eunan O'Kane
No votes
Pontus Jansson
13%
Other
25%

Total votes: 8

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Postby Oscar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Another productive month of 9 points from 5 games but on an individually there have only really been two players who have excelled this month imo: Luke Ayling and Pierre-Michel Lasogga with 3 goals in 4 starts.
I have also added Eunan O'Kane to the nominations as I think he has had another productive month.
It's very much been a team effort I would struggle to think of anyone else worthy of a nomination tbh, Saiz and Phillips have had their moments but have had an inconsistent month imo.

Liam Cooper won last month just ahead with (39%) of the vote just ahead of Samu Saiz (33%) and Eunan O'Kane (17%)
Winners so far:
August: Cooper (39%)

As always if your player of the month isn't on the poll let me know and I will add them on :tup: :-D
Last edited by Oscar on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: September Player Of The Month

Postby Oscar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Luke Ayling by an absolute country mile imo

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Sorry Oscar.....going by my MOTM personal votes in all the games during September which is surely the most accurate way of selecting one's choice it has to be :

Pontus Jansson

An easy winner for me with Dallas, Saiz, Phillips, Ayling & Lasogga my closest challengers so my vote goes to the OTHER key as someone else has done

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Postby Oscar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:07 pm

1964white wrote:Sorry Oscar.....going by my MOTM personal votes in all the games during September which is surely the most accurate way of selecting one's choice it has to be :

Pontus Jansson

An easy winner for me with Dallas, Saiz, Phillips & Lasogga my closest challengers so my vote goes to the OTHER key as someone else has done

Fair enough mate, i've added Pontus to the poll :tup:. Would you not consider Ayling to be a challenger as well? personally I think he has had an absolutely exceptional month (and season) creating a lot of chances, making vital goal saving blocks vs Ipswich and Birmingham and putting in an outstanding captains performance at centre back vs Burnley.
I absolutely adore Pontus and did consider Pontus for the poll, but his defensive errors vs Millwall and Cardiff were the main reason I didn't initially add Pontus to it.

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Oscar wrote:Fair enough mate, i've added Pontus to the poll :tup:. Would you not consider Ayling to be a challenger as well? personally I think he has had an absolutely exceptional month (and season) creating a lot of chances, making vital goal saving blocks vs Ipswich and Birmingham and putting in an outstanding captains performance at centre back vs Burnley.
I absolutely adore Pontus and did consider Pontus for the poll, but his defensive errors vs Millwall and Cardiff were the main reason I didn't initially add Pontus to it.

Sorry i meant to add Ayling in that group of players. Thought Luke defended really well at Burnley but has had a few lapses against pacy wingers over last few games although he has been great on the ball & going forward. Ayling hasn't won one of our MOTM polls during September !

On the other hand Pontus was easily our MOTM v Birmingham & won our MOTM poll again v Millwall although you could argue he was at fault for the goal, to be fair he held us together for much of the game. Thought our CB's were left totally exposed at Cardiff as the whole team were very poor with both full-backs skinned far too often & our midfield giving the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas.

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Personally I think that any player that as played 3 or more games in any month should be added to the poll, after all we all have differing views as each games motm poll proves, no need for anyone to vote "other" then. That's my penny's worth anyway.

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Ayling for me btw

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:53 pm

gessa wrote:Personally I think that any player that as played 3 or more games in any month should be added to the poll, after all we all have differing views as each games motm poll proves, no need for anyone to vote "other" then. That's my penny's worth anyway.

Agree mate :tup:

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:55 pm

I suspect the two OTHER votes will be Phillips or Dallas

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 pm

1964white wrote:I suspect the two OTHER votes will be between Phillips, Dallas or Lasogga

Lasogga is in the poll.
Probably the same 2 that voted for Dallas last season, even if he only played 10 minutes.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:23 pm

I voted for this season top scorer
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 pm

gessa wrote:Lasogga is in the poll.
Probably the same 2 that voted for Dallas last season, even if he only played 10 minutes.

:roflmao:

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 pm

faaip wrote:I voted for this season top scorer

As I suspected mate, can't argue with that choice, the lad has played as well if not better than the other contenders

hector
Manager
Manager

Postby hector » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:47 am

gessa wrote:Personally I think that any player that as played 3 or more games in any month should be added to the poll, after all we all have differing views as each games motm poll proves, no need for anyone to vote "other" then. That's my penny's worth anyway.

Ditto

after a fashion, I actually think that any player who has put the shirt on during the month should be up in the poll....

after all, as it stands we are voting for Oscars player of the month..

I voted other and it was for Saiz, due to his constant hard work, attitude and consistency.
:tup: A Ditto a day STILL keeps Leon at bay... :wink:

1964white

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Three fans who go to all the games said to me today Ayling has been poor/average this season

Was really poor at Millwall & Cardiff.....Hasn't won one of our MOTM polls during September

BUT is comfortably winning the player of the month competition

Sorry struggling to get my head round this poll......

Cjay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cjay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Went for Lasogga. Decent start under difficult personal circumstances, head elsewhere etc.

Edit . To miss the birth of your 1st child to play shows immense commitment, and then to play how he did against Ipswich shows a strong mind.

1964white

Postby 1964white » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:35 am

Screenshot 2017-10-12 at 08.29.01.png
Screenshot 2017-10-12 at 08.29.01.png (229.67 KiB) Viewed 169 times

German striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga has been crowned the Leeds United Louis Erard Player of the Month for September.

Over 2,000 Leeds fans cast their vote with :

62% Pierre-Michel Lasogga
23% Kalvin Phillips
15% Pablo Hernandez

Luke Ayling not in sight :spider:

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 am

1964white wrote:Screenshot 2017-10-12 at 08.29.01.png

German striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga has been crowned the Leeds United Louis Erard Player of the Month for September.

Over 2,000 Leeds fans cast their vote with :

62% Pierre-Michel Lasogga
23% Kalvin Phillips
15% Pablo Hernandez

Luke Ayling not in sight :spider:

Neither is Jansson

1964white

Postby 1964white » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:07 am

gessa wrote:Neither is Jansson

Nope no Pontus too

Difficult choices as there were so many players performing way below their level including Jansson

It just galled me the way Oscar drummed up Ayling who had one decent game during September at Burnley.....He had stinkers at Millwall & Cardiff where their wingers ran rings round him
Ayling started the season on fire, I don't think he had one below standard performance during August

He was absolute tosh at Hillborough, his worst game of the season so not a good start for October

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am

1964white wrote:Nope no Pontus too

Difficult choices as there were so many players performing way below their level including Jansson

It just galled me the way Oscar drummed up Ayling who had one decent game during September at Burnley.....He had stinkers at Millwall & Cardiff where their wingers ran rings round him
Ayling started the season on fire, I don't think he had one below standard performance during August

He was absolute tosh at Hillborough, his worst game of the season so not a good start for October

We all see things differently mate, no one had anything like a decent game at Millwall or Cardiff, infact I don't think anyone had a consistently good September. I picked Ayling because as I don't believe any player was good he got it for the effort he showed, he put in more than any other player for me, ie Cardiff he had no cover and had a hard time defensively like the rest of them but he was the one pushing forward trying to get things started, he looked out on his feet at the end of the game because of the shift he put in, non of the others I could say the same about, Roofe was the only one who came close in effort.

Return to “General Chat”