September Player Of The Month

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

September Player Of The Month

Poll ended at Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Luke Ayling
50%
Pierre-Michel Lasogga
13%
Eunan O'Kane
No votes
Pontus Jansson
13%
Other
25%

Total votes: 8

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: September Player Of The Month

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:We all see things differently mate, no one had anything like a decent game at Millwall or Cardiff, infact I don't think anyone had a consistently good September. I picked Ayling because as I don't believe any player was good he got it for the effort he showed, he put in more than any other player for me, ie Cardiff he had no cover and had a hard time defensively like the rest of them but he was the one pushing forward trying to get things started, he looked out on his feet at the end of the game because of the shift he put in, non of the others I could say the same about, Roofe was the only one who came close in effort.
Aye there's no lacking of effort from Ayling, he's a real trier.

Think he has looked a little jaded in the last couple of matches as I believe he has played in every game this season. Maybe needed a rest before the international break but did we have an in-form alternative ?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Nope no Pontus too

Difficult choices as there were so many players performing way below their level including Jansson

It just galled me the way Oscar drummed up Ayling who had one decent game during September at Burnley.....He had stinkers at Millwall & Cardiff where their wingers ran rings round him
Ayling started the season on fire, I don't think he had one below standard performance during August

He was absolute tosh at Hillborough, his worst game of the season so not a good start for October
Only my opinion mate :tup: , I think Cardiff aside Luke had an exceptional month, goal saving blocks and challenges at crucical times against Birmingham and Ipswich, the best of a bad bunch at Millwall imo can't recall their left winger getting past him once or causing any problems and I would personally say he was outstanding at Burnley considering he was playing out of position against a premier league team and the goals we conceded were from a penalty and an incredible free kick.
Have to say though his last 2 games have been dreadful Cardiff and Wednesday but for me he has been by far our best defender this season.

Fair play to Lasogga though he would have been my next choice for player of the month :tup: .

In the future I will include all players (who have played the majority of our games that month) on the player of the month poll :-D .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fans as a mass group will always vote for goals. It's probably their only real criteria
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"