Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Cjay
First Team
First Team

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by Cjay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Think Ali needs a rest.

Cant fault his commitment, ran across the pitch closing down that eventually caused our goal.

Probably has ran more then anyone this season.

After that challenge many players would have gone off, was a real cruncher and credit to him for playing on.

He has quality in a spell of 6 games scored 4 assisted 2 (Boro, Villa and Wolves were 3 of those games).

But he seems shot, maybe down to the amount of kickings he has taken but he rarely takes people on anymore.

Certainly missing Saiz, most of our best stuff has been when they have linked up, they take pressure off each other which gives the other space.

But then who comes in?
Dallas- did well at rb but the main argument for him seems to be "he puts a shift in". Ali does that plus has shown quality Dallas rarely has in the final 3rd.

Sacko- Dont think he completed one pass or cross in the final 3rd today.

Cibicki-Shone briefly but thats all.

Jack Clarke- Really impressed yesterday with some lovely runs and crosses but its a lot of pressure to throw him in for these games.

Roberts-Nobody knows when he will be fit, only done some light training.

There really isnt a strong candidate.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Heck should & will bench him after yet another lethargic performance. I can't see him getting a second chance as easily as did under Mr Softie.

Anita in at RB & push Dallas forward

Pleased you now think he needs a rest & time to find his form because at the moment Roofe & Alioski are two weak-links & passengers in our team

Shields53
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Post by Shields53 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Pablo and Dallas can play wide or further forward. Anita can play right back. We looked a different team after Pablo came on too.

I'd be tempted to play Ekuban up front with Lasogga too.

weasel

Post by weasel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:26 pm

For me he hasn't been as effective since Ayling's injury. For all people moaned about Ayling positional play the fact that he got up the pitch meant that he was taking players away and giving Alioski more space. I do think next season we will see the best of him as he is probably absolutely shattered playing so many matches for Leeds and his country. Next season he will know all about the english game and could excel.
Senor El Weasel

Shields53
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Post by Shields53 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 pm

weasel wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:26 pm
For me he hasn't been as effective since Ayling's injury. For all people moaned about Ayling positional play the fact that he got up the pitch meant that he was taking players away and giving Alioski more space. I do think next season we will see the best of him as he is probably absolutely shattered playing so many matches for Leeds and his country. Next season he will know all about the english game and could excel.
I still like him, he works hard and offers a lot. Tracks back better than Roofe anyway.

He did play better with Ayling, I think the whole team did as he covered the centre halves more too. He was just prone to a couple of bad mistakes every other game or so.

Cjay
First Team
First Team

Post by Cjay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Did a bit of adding up.
Minutes played in all competitions including internationals since the 1st game of the season.
Alioski-2666
Ayling-2500
Phillips-2497
Jansson-2467

Thats top 4, the rest dont get close apart from Weidwald.

Given the amount of running Ali does every game and the kickings he gets, is it any wonder his form has dipped?