Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by Cjay »

Can we take a moment to admire the technique and cleanness of the strike. :love:

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Apparently not
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Interesting the diversity in reactions to ALioski vs Birmingham.

SOme say he was awful, some say he was average, Some say he did well, and all of the inbetween.

I read today that the player who played the most key passes (defined by opta as a "final pass that results in a shot")was Alioski with 4.

He also had the most shots on target (with Dallas actually, one of his shots was from an ALi pass).

Not really sure what more he can do.

Shoot on target, yep, set up shooting chances for others, yep, and score.
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm Interesting the diversity in reactions to ALioski vs Birmingham.

SOme say he was awful, some say he was average, Some say he did well, and all of the inbetween.

I read today that the player who played the most key passes (defined by opta as a "final pass that results in a shot")was Alioski with 4.

He also had the most shots on target (with Dallas actually, one of his shots was from an ALi pass).

to be honest not a fan of his but i must admit but he was better than harrison and most on saturday. hes work rate is good but the lad was born off side.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm Interesting the diversity in reactions to ALioski vs Birmingham.

He only looked good in the last five minutes when he was playing as a wing-back, up until then Alioski had been distinctly average. I can't print what some of our fans at the game thought of his overall performance :evil:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:56 pm Can we take a moment to admire the technique and cleanness of the strike. :love:

It was a very good strike

Now can we find the clip of the shot that cleared the South Stand in the first-half :(

We need more than a little cameo from him, maybe we'd have got more from that game if he had turned up in the first 85 minutes, I know he wasn't the only one who didn't do enough so he is not solely to blame for the defeat
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

what 64 is actually trying to say that majority of our fans think hes absolutely dog s**t :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 pm to be honest not a fan of his but i must admit but he was better than harrison and most on saturday. hes work rate is good but the lad was born off side.
He is offside far to much.
But he was onside when it mattered :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:19 pm He only looked good in the last five minutes when he was playing as a wing-back, up until then Alioski had been distinctly average. I can't print what some of our fans at the game thought of his overall performance :evil:
He is an international wing back so its no surprise he looked good there.

Leeds fans have to have a scapegoat.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Most key passes, excellent run to get into a scoring position (should have scored), with DOuglas Klich and Harrison one of the top tacklers.

You ignore the haters Ali :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:12 pm Most key passes, excellent run to get into a scoring position (should have scored), with DOuglas Klich and Harrison one of the top tacklers.

You ignore the haters Ali :)
Sorry Cjay

Alioski was generally shocking last night, it was embarrassing even my Hull pals agreed,

One of them said "you could kit him up in a tiger shirt & he'd fit in well with the rest of our dross" :roflmao:

100's of haters in the Leeds end screaming at him mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:12 pm Most key passes, excellent run to get into a scoring position (should have scored), with DOuglas Klich and Harrison one of the top tacklers.
I don't know where you are acquiring all this information from Cjay but you really need to get yourself to a game. Harrison was also very poor last night
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 pm I don't know where you are acquiring all this information from Cjay but you really need to get yourself to a game. Harrison was also very poor last night
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/19/Show/England-Leeds

Here, would if i could :)

But there well known for being very accurate, clubs use them and there analysts.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:50 pm Sorry Cjay

Alioski was generally shocking last night, it was embarrassing even my Hull pals agreed,

One of them said "you could kit him up in a tiger shirt & he'd fit in well with the rest of our dross" :roflmao:

Hes a scapegoat, like many before him.

I fully admit he has hardly been in sparkling form, but whats Saiz contributed recently, or yesterday?

Fans have favourites and it protects them from criticism, no problem with that.

Yet had Klich sidefooted that chance home or DOuglas he would have two assists and people would be raving.

Its not always his fault is my point, and he always gives everything, he has admirable qualities.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd not drop him..not at his best but not often playing in his best position. I'd rather see him on the right while Pablo is out and Dallas or Clarke on the left.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:50 pm One of them said "you could kit him up in a tiger shirt & he'd fit in well with the rest of our dross" :roflmao:

Great, that's going to do wonders for him :roll:

He always puts in a shift and though I think he's fairly limited as a player (I suspect he'd be first to be replaced if we brought in another winger), he's definitely not as bad as people make out.

Can't belive we still need a scapegoat when we're playing well. Having Clarke or whoever in there wouldn't sway results I'm - loads of players have missed chances in recent games and it's not like there are a lack of them being created...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He's better than Harrison. Fans only seem to rate him as he's on loan from Man City, but he only joined them in January and will never play for them. Like Mooy, they signed him from their feeder club to sell for big bucks. (Hopefully not us)
hector

Post by hector »

I hear he is changing his name to

Alioffsideski
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:03 am Great, that's going to do wonders for him :roll:

He always puts in a shift and though I think he's fairly limited as a player (I suspect he'd be first to be replaced if we brought in another winger), he's definitely not as bad as people make out.

Can't belive we still need a scapegoat when we're playing well. Having Clarke or whoever in there wouldn't sway results I'm - loads of players have missed chances in recent games and it's not like there are a lack of them being created...
No it doesn't, I can't even be bothered wasting breath on him anymore, I just shake my head in despair.

When all around him have improved significantly, this fella is still putting in low-key performances, I don't think Alioski is a scapegoat, he needs to up his game & be a bit more clever as oppose to running around like a headless chicken. I honestly don't know what some fans see in him on here, I must be watching a different game.

How many times can you one say "Allioski was immense" after a game such as the likes of Klich, Jansson, Roofe, Phillips, Saiz, Hernandez, etc who often receive such praise ?

In my mind I have no doubt that Alioski is the weak-link in our first XI when all our players are fit
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 am I hear he is changing his name to

Alioffsideski
Ha ha :-D

Amazed me that he was caught offside from a goal-kick v Hull :roll: