Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:59 am He's better than Harrison. Fans only seem to rate him as he's on loan from Man City, but he only joined them in January and will never play for them. Like Mooy, they signed him from their feeder club to sell for big bucks. (Hopefully not us)
Another frustrating player who runs around like a headless chicken, often beats himself as he always looks to get the ball on his his left peg. He's still young & my hope is that he improves under the guidance of Bielsa.....still unconvinced !

My god we have missed Hernandez as this fella couldn't lace his boots
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clearly the most beloved player at the club :)

Look how many posts.

That statue of Ali is nailed on :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cracking day for Alio, even when the fans were on his back he still produces and not just when he moved to FB, he'd already supplied two dangerous crosses we maybe should have scored from

Anyway back to our leading assist-er today, now with 4 ahead of Douglas and Pablo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Alioski was great today. I've always been a fan though :) :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Can't fault his commitment and effort, but, he is not an attacking winger as he can't beat a man and is offside way too often. However today as a replacement fullback he was excellent........maybe thats his position !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm Can't fault his commitment and effort, but, he is not an attacking winger as he can't beat a man and is offside way too often. However today as a replacement fullback he was excellent........maybe thats his position !
All very true 60'sU :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:15 pm Alioski was great today. I've always been a fan though :) :bear:
Even though he has put in many average/poor performances.

His 2nd half display was simply excellent today, pleased for the lad :clape:

Now lets see more performances like that on a consistent basis

Our new left wing-back
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Until Douglas gets back, I'm not with most of the forum as I think he's been ok to good most games and he's the one that never gives up..key player for me along with Saiz, Pablo, Roofe, Beradi, Douglas, Klich and now Pontus
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:45 pm Until Douglas gets back, I'm not with most of the forum as I think he's been ok to good most games and he's the one that never gives up..key player for me along with Saiz, Pablo, Roofe, Beradi, Douglas, Klich and now Pontus
You missed one mate :eng:
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Alioski to me was really good last 1/2 hour today. For me I've repeatedly asked myself what we really get from him..He does frustrate us all I know that much. Today though he not only puts in the work that's needed but I supporters the solution to left back.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:14 pm Alioski to me was really good last 1/2 hour today. For me I've repeatedly asked myself what we really get from him..He does frustrate us all I know that much. Today though he not only puts in the work that's needed but I supporters the solution to left back.
What do we get from him? Goals, assists, a willingness to track back and cover for absent defenders, a very good crosser of the ball and a never say die attitude ...ok he's not a get to the by line or dribble past ten guys player but he is quick and can beat defenders with pace if there's room
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Douglas is our left back when he's back fit...for me that doesn't mean Alio moves to the bench..
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Point taken faaip he does a heck of work of course gives the team balance too. He's no doubt about it not only talented and highly rated but one sure thing he isn't and that is undroppable.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We don't have much behind him which right now so for me he's undroppable
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:42 pm Douglas is our left back when he's back fit...for me that doesn't mean Alio moves to the bench..
Alioski still looks more comfortable at LB, I picked up on that notion when he filled in at LB v Birmingham, he had a terrific ten minutes period where he produced more than in the previous eighty minutes. Another 30 productive minutes in that role v the Bees
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:57 am Alioski still looks more comfortable at LB, I picked up on that notion when he filled in at LB v Birmingham, he had a terrific ten minutes period where he produced more than in the previous eighty minutes. Another 30 productive minutes in that role v the Bees
He might but I don't think for one second you're saying he should replace Douglas full time when Douglas gets fit? so it'll be back to left wing for him where we don't really have anything better
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:15 am He might but I don't think for one second you're saying he should replace Douglas full time when Douglas gets fit? so it'll be back to left wing for him where we don't really have anything better
Indeed :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Awesome Ali :)

Our most creative player with 6 chances created.

Our most proficient tackler with 7.

As a left winger he was ok.

As a wing back/ full back he was brilliant.

Everyone should hang there head in shame if you ever doubted him :)

Probably wont agree.

But i think he would be a better full back then Douglas.

Douglas reminds me of Ian Harte.

Excellent set pieces, but his defending isnt great.

It wont happen but id love to see Ali with Harrison left side next game and Shacks and Clarke right.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo6B7IpAUAR ... um=loading

Ali skills :)

Played left back for Macedonia and did very well apparently.

3 in 3 for his country.

Playing left back, left wing back, and right wing.

He isnt a left winger.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Two assists for the Macedonian Messi for his country today. :tup:

Played as a left back/left wing back.

Wouldn't mind seeing him at right wing back over Dallas, at least he has some defensive positional sense.
Signed

King Cjay