Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:49 am :shock: He does! Look like an action man. I knew he reminded me of someone/something bb :) I've always like Ali, he always seems to give his all in a match
It's his hair and the shiny plastic looking face that does it for me :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:51 am It's his hair and the shiny plastic looking face that does it for me :lol: :bear:
Nothing to do with his football ability then or lack of ;-)
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:49 am I've always like Ali, he always seems to give his all in a match
Yer but you Like Jane MacDoughnut too, so like, we are really gonna listen to your opinion :P :P

:victor: :victor: :victor: :victor: :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 am Nothing to do with his football ability then or lack of ;-)
ooh that's just mean :shock: I thought he started well and linked up great with Saiz. Lost his way when Saiz was banned for spitting. I think he will come good again :tup: :bear:
BrewerLeeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BrewerLeeds »

Think he needs proper direction from a good coach who knows where he fits in the system. He looked lost at times during the back end of last season.

Thanks BB, now I cannot unsee that description :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd like to see more football intelligence rather than just run at things with no thought at all. Potential is there for sure though.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 am ooh that's just mean :shock: I thought he started well and linked up great with Saiz. Lost his way when Saiz was banned for spitting. I think he will come good again :tup: :bear:
I doubt Alioski rated higher than 5/10 in my ratings over the whole season

Both Saiz & Alioski started well but were soon found out by the opposition, majority of their better displays were against teams in the bottom half of the championship

I think he is just a poser, one who appeals to females & our younger fan base, hope I'm wrong
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:33 am I'd like to see more football intelligence rather than just run at things with no thought at all. Potential is there for sure though.
Yes headless chicken comes to mind !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BrewerLeeds wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:21 am Think he needs proper direction from a good coach who knows where he fits in the system. He looked lost at times during the back end of last season.

Thanks BB, now I cannot unsee that description :lol:
You might be right Brewer, a decent coach could be the making of him

I prefer your description :lol: little boy lost :tup:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 pm Alioski has become an important player for us.

Definitely sealed his place in our first XI now
Just a little quote from our resident little old man earlier in the season....... ;-) :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:28 am Just a little quote from our resident little old man earlier in the season....... ;-) :bear:
I was right at the time young lady, he gave us something different that was missing last season & deserved his place in the team, you could say he flattered to deceive as his game soon went pot with many indifferent performances ranging from average to poor !

Had Saiz & Alioski maintained their early season form it's quite feasible to summise we'd have made the play-offs, sadly it wasn't to be as both fizzled out like a damp squib.

Their antics didn't impress this old geezer too !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:40 am I was right at the time young lady, he gave us something different that was missing last season & deserved his place in the team, you could say he flattered to deceive as his game soon went pot with many indifferent performances ranging from average to poor !

Had Saiz & Alioski maintained their early season form it's quite feasible to summise we'd have made the play-offs, sadly it wasn't to be as both fizzled out like a damp squib.

Their antics didn't impress this old geezer too !
Saiz spat and got banned and didn't recover his previous form in what was left of the season and Alioski seemed to miss his mate. It is quite feasible that at the start of the next season the two of them could maintain their last early season form :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:46 am Saiz spat and got banned and didn't recover his previous form in what was left of the season and Alioski seemed to miss his mate. It is quite feasible that at the start of the next season the two of them could maintain their last early season form :bear:
Hope so young lady as they showed their moments of quality, much more consistency required & both need to stay on their feet, were constantly out-muscled far too easily last season
BrewerLeeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BrewerLeeds »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:46 am Saiz spat and got banned and didn't recover his previous form in what was left of the season and Alioski seemed to miss his mate. It is quite feasible that at the start of the next season the two of them could maintain their last early season form :bear:
That depends on how they fit in with a new coach and new system - I would hope that Bielsa, if the new manager, would adjust his tactics accordingly based on the quality of player at his disposal
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

BrewerLeeds wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:12 pm That depends on how they fit in with a new coach and new system - I would hope that Bielsa, if the new manager, would adjust his tactics accordingly based on the quality of player at his disposal
I think that would go for all players when a new manager is appointed. :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BrewerLeeds wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:12 pm That depends on how they fit in with a new coach and new system - I would hope that Bielsa, if the new manager, would adjust his tactics accordingly based on the quality of player at his disposal
He'll need to with our current bunch, I'd be praying for a miracle if I was him :roflmao:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roofe had a better season than Alioski in the end for me, both have the same potential going forward
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm Roofe had a better season than Alioski in the end for me, both have the same potential going forward

A vote for Roofe on last seasons performances overall (from what I saw) from me as well
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DOnt know how Roofe got involved in a discussion about the great Messi of Macedonia.

29 games 14 goals 3 assists for Roofe.
35 games 7 goals 5 assists for Alioski.

I would argue Alioski made a difference in bigger games, against Derby, against Boro, got the goal vs Wolves to give us hope, got the assist vs Brentford in Hecky's first win etc.

Whereas for Roofe the only games he scored or assisted in where we got anything were against Barnsley, Newport, Burton, Forest, QPR and Bristol City.

Just my opinion, but for me ALi made a difference vs the better teams.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom