January transfer rumours and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: January transfer rumours and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote:Who would want the Return of the Mac???
I'd rather eat my own foot.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote: I'd rather eat my own foot.
Lmao. Image

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hugil and Marriott to expensive and no interest in Clayton apparently.

While i kind of agree on Hugil certainly and dont particularly rate Clayton.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

You have to be willing to take calculated risks imo.Marriott comes, scores 10 goals, he is worth twice what we paid in 6 months.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Hugill to me seems way over-priced, I'd much rather take a punt on Marriott and take someone like Clayton as well with the difference. Still think we should make a bid for Stockdale, much better than what we have and surely he would jump at the chance of getting out of a relegation scrap with Brum - although I know it won't happen.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote:Hugil and Marriott to expensive and no interest in Clayton apparently.

While i kind of agree on Hugil certainly and dont particularly rate Clayton.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

You have to be willing to take calculated risks imo.Marriott comes, scores 10 goals, he is worth twice what we paid in 6 months.
How much of his goal scoring is down to his team mates delivery into the box? Could it be that we get the player with good delivery, and let Roofe and Lasogga score the goals?

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:How much of his goal scoring is down to his team mates delivery into the box? Could it be that we get the player with good delivery, and let Roofe and Lasogga score the goals?

He seems to be a bit of a Michael Owen in his youth, last defender runs in behind etc.

We could have had the player for £1m who has been setting him up all season, but we got Sacko :(

Unfortunately Roofe has proven he isnt a consistent goalscoring threat and has taken 9 shots in his last few games and hit the target once. Lassie isnt the same kind of player as JM, and dont think Lassie suits our style tbf anymore. To slow and cumbersome.

Apart from Ekuban i dont think we have anyone with the potential to see us through till the end of the season.
Signed

King Cjay

8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote: He seems to be a bit of a Michael Owen in his youth, last defender runs in behind etc.

We could have had the player for £1m who has been setting him up all season, but we got Sacko :(

Unfortunately Roofe has proven he isnt a consistent goalscoring threat and has taken 9 shots in his last few games and hit the target once. Lassie isnt the same kind of player as JM, and dont think Lassie suits our style tbf anymore. To slow and cumbersome.

Apart from Ekuban i dont think we have anyone with the potential to see us through till the end of the season.
Mallik Wilks could be on the first team bench soon. From what I've heard from people watching the U23's, he's looking very good.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:Mallik Wilks could be on the first team bench soon. From what I've heard from people watching the U23's, he's looking very good.

Lets hope he is good enough.

If we arent going to sign someone then it will have to be something like Wilks stepping up imo.

9 points lost against Ipswich, Forest and Villa in the last 5 or 6 games alone. Just because we didnt convert our chances.

For all the good things Roofe, Lassie etc do they don't score consistently.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Hugill to me seems way over-priced, I'd much rather take a punt on Marriott and take someone like Clayton as well with the difference. Still think we should make a bid for Stockdale, much better than what we have and surely he would jump at the chance of getting out of a relegation scrap with Brum - although I know it won't happen.
I agree.

Much prefer Marriott over Hugil, Hernandez would have a field day, loves playing through balls, Lassie and Roofe lack the pace to make the most of them, Marriott doesnt. Hugil is to much for a 1 in 4 striker.

I'm alright with Weidwald tbh, prefer we signed 2 attacking options, main striker and a winger then ideally a 1st class cb and Klich gets a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Concerning that we are halfway through the window now, and no better off, if anything worse off then when we started. :(
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:I agree.

Much prefer Marriott over Hugil, Hernandez would have a field day, loves playing through balls, Lassie and Roofe lack the pace to make the most of them, Marriott doesnt. Hugil is to much for a 1 in 4 striker.

I'm alright with Weidwald tbh, prefer we signed 2 attacking options, main striker and a winger then ideally a 1st class cb and Klich gets a chance.
Gave Green a fair bit of stick the start of last season and he proved me wrong - hope our resident CAT (well one of 'em Moggs :lol: ) can do the same.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Hugill to me seems way over-priced, I'd much rather take a punt on Marriott and take someone like Clayton as well with the difference. Still think we should make a bid for Stockdale, much better than what we have and surely he would jump at the chance of getting out of a relegation scrap with Brum - although I know it won't happen.
I think Stockdale's 45K wages might be a problem, just as it was in the summer.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Gandalf wrote:I think Stockdale's 45K wages might be a problem, just as it was in the summer.
Ok - if that's the case I see why Harry signed him!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chris Martin linked now.

Decent player, but again a history of attitude problems.

And nearly 30

No thanks
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Gave Green a fair bit of stick the start of last season and he proved me wrong - hope our resident CAT (well one of 'em Moggs :lol: ) can do the same.
Think Felix is alright, quite a while since you can say its his fault we lost. Cant say the same for the other end of the pitch :moggy:
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:Think Felix is alright, quite a while since you can say its his fault we lost. Cant say the same for the other end of the pitch :moggy:
Even though we’re not playing that well he never seems to have much to do though, and what he does do looks a bit awkward - hope you’re right and he comes good.....I’m still to be convinced ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leonardo Ulloa now in the rumour mill.

I'd be happy with that.

Best rumour so far imo aside from the Pboro lad.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Even though we’re not playing that well he never seems to have much to do though, and what he does do looks a bit awkward - hope you’re right and he comes good.....I’m still to be convinced ;-)
I've made the point before that often because he reads things well he ends up having less saves to make because for example he is off his line quickly so has an easy collection of the ball or kick away whereas a keeper that is on his line would not get to the ball and as such the striker gets a shot in so even if the keeper then makes a world class save it is a save that shouldn't have needed to be made. As such depending on an opinion you could say keeper a didn't have much to do/ what a great save keeper b made - and surmise, wrongly, that keeper b is the better keeper.

I don't think it is a coincidence either that the defence looks more solid when FW plays. Not sure how good he is in terms of organising them so I can only think that because he plays like a sweeper he allows them to defend much higher up the pitch which suits our whole team pressing game - contrast how much space Newport seemed to get against us in comparison to any championship match that FW has played in even when we have been beaten.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Leonardo Ulloa now in the rumour mill.

I'd be happy with that.

Best rumour so far imo aside from the Pboro lad.
So would I Cjay

Imagine signing a striker out of his nappies & is proven at championship level :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:So would I Cjay

Imagine signing a striker out of his nappies & is proven at championship level :lol:
Not played much last few seasons and had a bit of a twitter meltdown, just to play devils advocate :lol:

But yes, as short term solutions go i cant think of better.
Signed

King Cjay