Tuesday's Late Breakfast Debate - Miazek/Coyle/Dean

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Tuesday's Late Breakfast Debate - Miazek/Coyle/Dean

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning everyone

Oxford United have confirmed on their official site that Head Scout Craig Dean has left the club to take up a role at Leeds United

Dean enjoyed a successful spell with the U’s since joining the club in 2014, with his eye for talent helping to guide the Oxfordshire club to promotion from League Two in 2016.
In their first season in the third tier, Oxford finished just outside the playoff spots in eighth position, and Dean’s successful recruitment continued this summer whilst working alongside new boss Pep Clotet.
Xemi was brought in from Barcelona B, with Ricardinho joining from Azerbaijani club Qabala, and Ivo Pekalski joining from Swedish outfit, Halmstads.
Leeds have opted for a policy of foreign recruitment since the appointment of Thomas Christiansen this summer, and Dean’s knowledge of the European game fits in perfectly with the transfer philosophy installed by the Danish boss.

Jakub Bokiej @JakubBokiej3
URGENT!
Kamil Miazek (21 years old, goalkeeper) has received an offer of the contract from Leeds United

Miazek is a free agent and joined the club on trial at the end of last month.
He was on trial at Championship rivals Barnsley earlier in the summer.
Bokiej, who reported the news, describes himself as 'CEO at Polish Football Academy Manchester City Academy Scout & Leeds United Academy Scout.'
His tweet was 'liked' by Leeds United's Poland international Mateusz Klich.
Miazek was previously in Feyenoord's academy before leaving to join Polish side Chojniczanka Chojnice.
He previously stated his ambition was to make his name abroad and emulate former Arsenal stopper Wojciech Szczesny.
Miazek, 21, will join up with the club's under-23 squad, and is on the bench this evening for the team's match with Burnley.

Lewie Coyle has admitted he had to temporarily leave Leeds United in order to play regular first-team football.

“I’m just at the stage where I need to do more than sit on the bench,” Coyle told the Yorkshire Evening Post. “That’s not me complaining. There are plenty of great players at Leeds and they deserve to be ahead of me but at some stage you’ve got to start playing week in week out.
“The thing is, I don’t see myself as young anymore. I look around football and there are kids of 16, 17, 18 coming through at all levels. Saying ‘I’m still young’ – it’s true in a way but you can’t say that forever. It’s got to be better for me to be playing games regularly in a competitive environment.”

Thoughts ??
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Tuesday's Late Breakfast Debate - Miazek/Coyle/Dean

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Craig Dean seems to fit with our current youth recruitment policy but know nothing about the bloke, may be there to take some of the workload off Orta so he can concentrate on the first team - seems like a reasonable strengthening of the back room staff.

Not sure where the keeper fits in, is he not in direct competition with BPF? Guess he was cheap and a bit of a punt.

LC could come back to us better and stronger for the game time, much as CT did, had some good games for us last year, hope he can add consistency and take himself to the next level. Certainly feel he has a future with us.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:
LC could come back to us better and stronger for the game time, much as CT did, had some good games for us last year, hope he can add consistency and take himself to the next level. Certainly feel he has a future with us.
Coyle is from East Yorks & highly rated by football folk over here
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:duno: Know nothing about Craig Dean :duno:

He worked for Newcastle for a while so guess that means something, goodluck to him.

Kamil Miazek . . .know nothing about him either :roflmao:
seems an odd signings, dutch football education so maybe the total football thing is in there, maybe.

Lewie Coyle- Can understand his desire to play, fair play from him, but when he comes back is he going to displace Ayling or jump ahead of Berardi?

Maybe he could be a left back?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Craig Dean seems to fit with our current youth recruitment policy but know nothing about the bloke, may be there to take some of the workload off Orta so he can concentrate on the first team - seems like a reasonable strengthening of the back room staff.

Not sure where the keeper fits in, is he not in direct competition with BPF? Guess he was cheap and a bit of a punt.

Ditto
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We already have a pole between the sticks :lol:

Lewie Coyle should come back to Leeds a far more accomplished wing-back/defender. Hopefully he bulks up a little whilst at Fleetwood....a few good plates of fish & chips should do the trick :fish1: