Aston Villa game

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Oxfanjay
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Aston Villa game

Postby Oxfanjay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 am

Well this thread went well

Don't judge Roofe on last season. Monk used him appallingly. He's not a wide player, he needs to be used in behind a front man where he can pick up the ball centrally and influence the game.

Whilst here, what are your thoughts on Alex Mowatt? We've picked him up on loan from Barnsley till January. Although he's struggling to get a game as Jack Payne (on loan from Huddersfield) is tearing L1 a new one)

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 am

Oxfanjay wrote:Well this thread went well

Don't judge Roofe on last season. Monk used him appallingly. He's not a wide player, he needs to be used in behind a front man where he can pick up the ball centrally and influence the game.

Whilst here, what are your thoughts on Alex Mowatt? We've picked him up on loan from Barnsley till January. Although he's struggling to get a game as Jack Payne (on loan from Huddersfield) is tearing L1 a new one)

Not Roofe's biggest fan tbh Ox

Agree with you Monk did use Kemar appallingly however Christiansen is also playing Roofe out wide in championship matches as we have Saiz & Henandez who can play in that position too.
To be fair Saiz is different class to Roofe or any other midfielder we have in our squad.

Roofe began his career at West Brom in 2011 so he has been playing for a few years now.
In that time he's had one & half excellent seasons playing in League 2 at Oxford where he scored 24 goals in 56 appearances. His record at Leeds is 6 goals in 51 games which suggests he is struggling to be a prolific scorer at a much higher level.
Still unconvinced Roofe is a natural goal-scorer, he is also a bit light-weight & needs to stay on his feet much more. He typifies an English player in my view where so many are overrated.

As for Alex Mowatt.....I first saw Alex play in his debut in a cup game at Doncaster, he was really impressive that night & over the next two years showed that initial promise having one superb season scoring double-figures for us. Since the then he has struggled with injuries & totally lost his form, he lacks pace & energy to be a top player in the championship

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:56 am

Oxfanjay wrote:Well this thread went well

Don't worry, it doesn't take much for a thread to go way off topic.
I have mixed views on Roofe, I think there is a good player in there, he needs more game time to prove it, but we're not in a position to let players take 10 games to find their form. He's not going to get the number 10 role ahead of Saiz, they're a class apart.
Mowatt looked a great talent when he first appeared in the team but he had a bad injury and never came back the same player,he couldn't see out 90 minutes, he showed flashes of what could have been but only in small doses. He should stand out in league 1 but it appears his appetite for the game as gone, shame as he looked the part.

By the way did you know the Villa game is on a Friday and on Sky, tickets should be available on general sale. :wink:

beer belly bert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Postby beer belly bert » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 am

liggy wrote:Unfortunately I had to let my last co -pilot( Bertie Bassett ) go as he was useless,
Turns oot he had nee sense of direction,
Anyhoo's my new fleet is ready
http://youtu.be/C7OJvv4LG9M

Brilliant , I feel like Steve Evans now , I got the sack and didn't even know it , think I might ring one of them no win no fee solicitors to see where I stand .

anybody else noticed that Liggys gone from Capt Liggy DFM to Capt Liggy DFM , DFO , DFDs , two promotions overnight !!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

Return to “General Chat”