Felix Wiedwald

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Felix Wiedwald

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Also when Roofe scored our third goal Pontus & I think Cooper ran to Felix & hugged him after he made the save to keep the score at 1-2

I doubt you saw that on your streams
The commentators on the stream I was watching did mention it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:The commentators on the stream I was watching did mention it.
A nice of touch of togetherness I feel
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Credit to him.

One iffy moment with a poor parry.

But improved and made some decent stops.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/engl ... nship.html

After watching the highlights got to give a lot of credit to FW today for the clean sheet. 3 decent saves but the middle one on the clip - from Pritchard at close range - is an excellent save as he firstly makes himself as big as possible but then shows superb reflexes to actually move to get his shoulder behind the ball to keep a powerful shot out - likely if he hadn't have made the adjustment he might have got part of his arm to it but the power would have still taken it in.

I know some critics will say his first save (on the clip rather than possible in the game) wasn't the greatest as he parried it back into play but it is still better to save it than to not save it and he did push it away from goal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/engl ... nship.html

After watching the highlights got to give a lot of credit to FW today for the clean sheet. 3 decent saves but the middle one on the clip - from Pritchard at close range - is an excellent save as he firstly makes himself as big as possible but then shows superb reflexes to actually move to get his shoulder behind the ball to keep a powerful shot out - likely if he hadn't have made the adjustment he might have got part of his arm to it but the power would have still taken it in.

I know some critics will say his first save (on the clip rather than possible in the game) wasn't the greatest as he parried it back into play but it is still better to save it than to not save it and he did push it away from goal.
His distribution was superb apart from one dodgy kick. Felix excels at accurately throwing the ball to one of teammates as far as the halfway-line
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Why didn't they show his good save on Ch 5 last night? Think I heard he made one.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:Why didn't they show his good save on Ch 5 last night? Think I heard he made one.

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/engl ... nship.html

The save is on this video clip - bizarrely this is a production for sky sports and channel 5 yet they then didn't show the save. About 50 seconds in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The save is on this video clip - bizarrely this is a production for sky sports and channel 5 yet they then didn't show the save. About 50 seconds in.
Decent save too !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cheers, that to be fair was a good save.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Best game for us today.

Well played, made some very good saves and a good punch also i remember.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kept us in the game in the first 20 minutes when we were all over the place
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Best I've seen him play but still not convinced ..two good not great saves, I don't like a punch when a catch is possible and 3 of his throws and most of his kicks went to the opposition
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds have now kept 13 clean sheets at home in the 2017 (calendar year), more than any other side.

Clean sheet number 9 for the season for Felix Wiedwald :clape:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2018-01-01 at 20.05.24.png
Screenshot 2018-01-01 at 20.05.24.png (341.39 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Screenshot 2018-01-01 at 20.05.24.png
Have to wonder if TC had kept faith with Felix instead of bringing in Lonners would we have conceded so much?

Well done Wiedwald.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He did very well today.

Probably wont get the credit he deserve because of the result.

But he has been very good recently, just a shame some of his teammates have let him down.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

What I don`t get is his distribution. Something near to 50% of the balls he throws with his hands come straight back to the Opposition (direct or because they can`t be controlled by our players), and that usually nearer to our than the oppositions goal. With that rate he might as well kick the ball into the oppositions side of the field. Something else I`ve noticed is that he has a rather poor kick in terms of power when the ball is on the 6 yard line. I`ve never seen him hit the ball much further than the half way line...maybe intentional, but it seems a bit weired.

But: I prefer Wiedwald to Lonergan by a long way. Lonergan has an unbelievable negative presence when things aren`t going our ways. Watch the Wolves game, he was soo negative (besides poor goalkeeping.)
Wiedwald is the opposite: the worse he plays the more confidence he seems to get. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote:What I don`t get is his distribution. Something near to 50% of the balls he throws with his hands come straight back to the Opposition (direct or because they can't be controlled by our players), and that usually nearer to our than the oppositions goal.
Where have you got this stat from Fred ?

Every ball thrown out from Felix went straight to one of our players, much easier to control than a ball coming out of the sky, well you'd think so but our erratic bunch struggle to control a football

I'm not blaming our goalie for today's shambles
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote:Where have you got this stat from Fred ?

Every ball thrown out from Felix went straight to one of our players, much easier to control than a ball coming out of the sky, well you'd think so but our erratic bunch struggle to control a football

Well, I didn`t think of throws to defenders near to the goal. But those attempts to throw it to someone just short of the half way line mostly to the right side of the pitch. (Ayling used to a prominent target.)
I was also referring to it as a general habit of his.

And agree: today he played o.k. I thought.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Where have you got this stat from Fred ?

sorry mate two went to the opposition today in our own half, even LUTV picked up on it.