Felix Wiedwald

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Felix Wiedwald

Post by 1964white »

Leeds mad17 wrote:Don’t know why we don’t give some of the younger GKs some experience in the cups to see what other options we have

Will huffer has been performing well for the u23s . He’s a Big lad ,agile with good feet Aswell. Could do worse .{b]Still think Felix will turn out to be a good keeper at this level[/b]
Looked more confident since returning at Barnsley & v Villa

Welcome to the forum Leeds mad :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leeds mad17 wrote:Don’t know why we don’t give some of the younger GKs some experience in the cups to see what other options we have

Will huffer has been performing well for the u23s . He’s a Big lad ,agile with good feet Aswell. Could do worse .Still think Felix will turn out to be a good keeper at this level
Id like to see more of the young lads in the Cups to.

Welcome :-D
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/06/st ... tiansen-a/

Big test for Felix.

Has improved imo, and his distribution is key to how we play.

I'm hopeful.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/06/st ... tiansen-a/

Big test for Felix.

Has improved imo, and his distribution is key to how we play.

I'm hopeful.
The ball is in his court now to prove himself Cjay
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:The ball is in his court now to prove himself Cjay
Or his area :shock:

I'll get my coat . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The bounce of the ball was huge (Felix is 6ft3) went over his head.

But, at this level theres no excuse, redeemed himself some what just after when he came out blocked and smothered when QPR were clean through.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I’m not a fan, seems like a nice bloke but we need a new 1st choice keeper in Jan, probably our main priority.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote:The bounce of the ball was huge (Felix is 6ft3) went over his head.

But, at this level theres no excuse, redeemed himself some what just after when he came out blocked and smothered when QPR were clean through.
Definitely have a lot of sympathy for this goal as 999/1000 that ball just bounces up into his arms but that bounce was unbelievable. I would have expected nearly all keepers in that situation to have been looking to take the ball on the bounce as it is (usually) the safest way to take it as there is more chance of dropping it trying to take it before the bounce than after the bounce where it would be coming straight up into your body (usually). Just a freak occurrence this for me rather than a goalkeeping error.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well I'm calling it a keeper error, if you're giving him the benefit of the doubt then you have to do the same for Lonners drop which caught him by surprise too as he started to fall backwards after over extending himself slightly. Instinct may have kicked in at that point
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think the difference for me is yes both were errors in some form, Wiedwald poor positioning with a freak bounce, but Lonners was poor handling and positioning.

Just been on the QPR forum and they are praising Weidwald for a "great save" very soon after, and it was a very good piece of goalkeeping, brave, strong and good positional sense.

Lonners made numerous errors before getting dropped, thats the first i can remember from Felix that has cost us a goal.

He could easily have panicked and flapped, but he didnt and actually he stopped us going 2-2, deserves credit for that imo.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I just don’t think either of our keepers are really good enough
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

NorfolkWhite wrote:I just don’t think either of our keepers are really good enough
Out of the 2 I would say FW has the more potential to be a good keeper. The save from FW was excellent and shows the benefit of having a keeper that is not rooted to his line. Because of his starting position he was able to get into a smothering position very quickly and block the majority of the goal with his body - if he'd been on his line then it is a much easier chance. There was a good example of this also earlier in the match when there was a through-ball played and he came and claimed it easily (before the striker could get to the ball) and whilst it doesn't go down as a save if he'd been on his line then the striker would have got to the ball first and had a very good chance to score.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Well I'm calling it a keeper error, if you're giving him the benefit of the doubt then you have to do the same for Lonners drop which caught him by surprise too as he started to fall backwards after over extending himself slightly. Instinct may have kicked in at that point
It was a serious error of judgement.

Why did he allow the ball to bounce when it would have been easier to catch the ball under no pressure.

Felix did make a decent save a minute later, still doesn't excuse his howler
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Either stay on your line or come all the way, Weidwald has displayed this shocking indecision all season for some reason. The save later was ok but again if it goes in he's at fault
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The latest error from Felix was due to a lack of decision. The ball is a lob into the box.
Everybody is stood like statues nobody is attacking the ball. Everybody expects the goalkeeper
to do one of two things... come out and catch it... or give it the boot. Felix does neither.
Stood there in a dream, a rabbit caught in the headlights, and the ball takes a wicked bounce
and it is over his head and into the goal. Disaster.

Then minutes later we makes a courageous save and keeps us in the game. Even Raddrazini
tweets in his defence. We remember the howler but forget the heroic save.

I thought it was a nice touch near the end of the game, he caught the ball and held it aloft
over his head for a few seconds as if to say "See I can hold the ball"

Who says Germans don't have a sense of humour???
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

My name is Felix. I am German. I must apologise for my country always beating
England in the World cup. This is not right. England has given the world the wonderful
game of footing ball, and it is very bad manners that we Germans show you no respect
and continue to beat you in the game that you invented. It is not enough that I apologise
on behalf of my country, I must also make amends by doing the emulations of Joe Hart
I practice very hard to let in goals from free kicks just like Joe in Scotland, and I await
the opportunity to let someone score from the half way like like the great golden balls
Beckham or the granny shagger Rooney. Only in this way can I atone for the disrespect
the German team has shown England since 1966.

Humbly yours Felix the Cat.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Also when Roofe scored our third goal Pontus & I think Cooper ran to Felix & hugged him after he made the save to keep the score at 1-2

I doubt you saw that on your streams
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He was very angry with himself, nice that Pontus and Cooper did that.

It was a mistake, but you could watch 100 matches and not see a ball bounce like that.

The save after was very good and showed composure after his error.
Signed

King Cjay

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Out of the 3 rob green was defiantly the best.
Felix the cat is s**t
Lonergan not really up to the job either
Bailey peacock-Farrell ....fookin hell with a name like that it fills me with dread
New gk has to be the priority ,otherwise could be the difference
Between the premier league or NOT!!!!!
Disclaimer the fortunes of LUFC can go up as well as doon
Dyor all Imho :pig:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Felix needs to call on a couple of his nine lives and change his shirt number
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't