Woody or Lassie?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Woody or Lassie?

Post by BobHirst »

After a few games, are we happy with Lassie or do we wish we still had Woody?
When Wood first left, we were playing well and didn't miss him.
At the moment it doesn't seem like we are getting much from Lassie or is it down to the whole team not performing?
Maybe when the team plays better Lassie will start to deliver.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Re: Woody or Lassie?

Post by liggy »

Definitely lassie for me with some nice traits ,loyal ,obedience ,good at fetch the ball,
Think this fella will even chase a frisbee,
Hasn't cocked his leg at the goalpost yet either,
It's lassie for me.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Got to be Wood for me because he scores goals even when the team isn’t playing well, I think he’ll prove to be a bargain for Burnley as his goals will keep them in the Prem
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Wood because he proved he self and Lassogga is for me not so . After a few games he 's still to settle and plainly isn't fit . He looks some way off for me and still has some way to go, he doesn't appear to be able to run for 80-90 mins.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

The worry is that Lasogga was a target originally as back up to Wood, not as a replacement. I'm hoping that a fully fit Ekuban adds to the goals as well because really we should have tried harder to secure a like for like (or as close as possible) replacement.

I like Lass and I think he will score a few if he's given the opportunity but there were a couple of occasions yesterday where he was muscled out by defenders in situations where Woody wouldn't have been.

We seem to have gone for a scatter gun approach to replacing Wood........Lassie, Cibicki (who we've seen nothing of yet really), Grot (who I hope will come good but at the moment seems to offer very little) and Ekuban who has been very unlucky getting injured the day Wood left.

I think, if we are still on the pace in January, that Radz seriously needs to consider investing decent money in a striker. In fact, I can see some serious decision regarding player recruitment having to be made in January.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lassoga may be yet to settle in to be fair and it took Woody a season or more, one of the reasons I advocate continuity. His kid is young, unsure where his GF lives and if she's settled here or he's going back and forth to Germany. Early days for Lassoga and he has flashed but a different kind of forward to Wood.

I like what I've seen of Grot and we have a couple of names in the under 23's with a lot of promise too

Sorry folks we're going to have to be patient, this team will come good once the obvious holes are addressed but we're looking at 18/19 season I think
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Lassoga may be yet to settle in to be fair and it took Woody a season or more, one of the reasons I advocate continuity. His kid is young, unsure where his GF lives and if she's settled here or he's going back and forth to Germany. Early days for Lassoga and he has flashed but a different kind of forward to Wood

I like what I've seen of Grot and we have a couple of names in the under 23's with a lot of promise too

Sorry folks we're going to have to be patient, this team will come good once the obvious holes are addressed but we're looking at 18/19 season I think
Great points Faaip :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:The worry is that Lasogga was a target originally as back up to Wood, not as a replacement. I'm hoping that a fully fit Ekuban adds to the goals as well because really we should have tried harder to secure a like for like (or as close as possible) replacement.

I like Lass and I think he will score a few if he's given the opportunity but there were a couple of occasions yesterday where he was muscled out by defenders in situations where Woody wouldn't have been.

We seem to have gone for a scatter gun approach to replacing Wood........Lassie, Cibicki (who we've seen nothing of yet really), Grot (who I hope will come good but at the moment seems to offer very little) and Ekuban who has been very unlucky getting injured the day Wood left.

I think, if we are still on the pace in January, that Radz seriously needs to consider investing decent money in a striker. In fact, I can see some serious decision regarding player recruitment having to be made in January.
The worry is we may have lost too much ground by January :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lassie for me, think he is an all round better forward then Wood. But early days, he still doesnt seem fit and if his girlfriend is still in Germany (which i think she is) he is probably flying back and forth which wont be elping.

Think Ekuban will be a key player this season and have been pretty impressed with Grot at times, and as Faaip said our u23s have some talented lads. Not concerned about goals, its the other end that concerns me.

Besides we are a better team then last season and with Woods cash we can hopeful put right the errors in recruitment in January.

If we havent lost to muchness ground.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

liggy wrote:Definitely lassie for me with some nice traits ,loyal ,obedience ,good at fetch the ball,
Think this fella will even chase a frisbee,
Hasn't cocked his leg at the goalpost yet either,
It's lassie for me.
Plus if someone falls into a big hole in the pitch. We know lassie will go and get help!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote:Plus if someone falls into a big hole in the pitch. We know lassie will go and get help!

Did Felix fall down the well Lassie? did he reach for the bucket and miss?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote:Lassie for me, think he is an all round better forward then Wood. But early days, he still doesnt seem fit and if his girlfriend is still in Germany (which i think she is) he is probably flying back and forth which wont be elping.

Think Ekuban will be a key player this season and have been pretty impressed with Grot at times, and as Faaip said our u23s have some talented lads. Not concerned about goals, its the other end that concerns me.

Besides we are a better team then last season and with Woods cash we can hopeful put right the errors in recruitment in January.

If we havent lost to muchness ground.

Seriously?

Ekuban not going to play this season really

Chris wood already got as ,any goals as lasogga has in the prem, and two of lasoggas were against burton which don’t really count. No need to have any bad feelings towards Chris wood. Best championship striker around imo

Leeds u23s lost most of their games this season

How anyone can say lasogga is better is beyond me.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote:Seriously?

Ekuban not going to play this season really

Chris wood already got as ,any goals as lasogga has in the prem, and two of lasoggas were against burton which don’t really count. No need to have any bad feelings towards Chris wood. Best championship striker around imo

Leeds u23s lost most of their games this season

How anyone can say lasogga is better is beyond me.

Yeah seriously :-D

Statistically he is better, at a higher level then Chris Wood.

his goal ratio when minutes played in the Bundesliga is taken into account is very good, especially at a poor Bundesliga side.

Chris Wood is unproven in the Premier league, take out his one fantastic season with us and even in lower leagues his record isnt much good.
Dont have any ill will towards the man, he left to play at a higher level, fair enough.

But, until he proves himself at the higher level i have to go for a man who has.

And timing of the question is important, ask this before our poor form and i bet more would have said Lasogga, comparisons to Viduka, tons of praise etc.

We have a young lad in the u23s considered one of the best young talents in the world, it was him i was referring to specifically, not the whole squad.

And yeah i like the look of Ekuban, rather him then Douk :-D
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I think Lasogga has potential to be a better all round footballer.

Chris Wood is absolutely lethal from about 12 yards out though, especially against championship defenders and keepers.