O/T Ex Hurricane Ophelia

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: O/T Ex Hurricane Ophelia

Post by Gandalf »

Apparently, the orange / yellow sky is due to the forest fires raging in Portugal, the detritus of which has been blown up to us by Ophelia. We have now gone perfectly blue here in East Leeds, and the wind is getting stronger.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Thanks all for the kind wishes. After 4 now and, whilst there's a few small trees down and the doors are rattling a little, it isn't too bad. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon and all my fellow Irishmen, on here and thoughout the country, are safe
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:Thanks all for the kind wishes. After 4 now and, whilst there's a few small trees down and the doors are rattling a little, it isn't too bad. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon and all my fellow Irishmen, on here and thoughout the country, are safe
Very rough and windy here in Cairnshill Belfast....doesn't help that we're located on top of a hill :shock:

3 dead in Republic Of Ireland :(
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: O/T Ex Hurricane Ophelia. After 6

Post by paddy parrott »

Paddy checking in here all's fine so far. Letterkenny is where I come from Ronan , sizeable town close to Derry mate. Lockdown here really all day and nowt moving so hopefully all are going to be safe.
Around 6.00 pm we are meant to feel the power and high tides.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote:Apparently, the orange / yellow sky is due to the forest fires raging in Portugal, the detritus of which has been blown up to us by Ophelia. We have now gone perfectly blue here in East Leeds, and the wind is getting stronger.

and Saharan dust apparently
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Feels really weird here, almost the same atmosphere as when we had the eclipse, the sun as had an orange tinge all mornong but as now turned a red colour.
Very weird & eerie here this morning with the color of the sun in grey skies. No birds singing too.

I spoke to Jill on the phone about 10am & mentioned a strange smell in the air. Apparently it was sulphur from the Saharan dust. Also rang one of my neighbours about the smell, we assumed it was the local farmers muck-spreading !!

Sun today in East Yorks
Screenshot 2017-10-16 at 17.34.02.png
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Very weird & eerie here this morning with the color of the sun in grey skies. No birds singing too.

I spoke to Jill on the phone about 10am & mentioned a strange smell in the air. Apparently it was sulphur from the Saharan dust. Also rang one of my neighbours about the smell, we assumed it was the local farmers muck-spreading !!

Sun today in East Yorks

Screenshot 2017-10-16 at 17.34.02.png

I did the same, turns out the smell was the wife.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I did the same, turns out the smell was the wife.
:roflmao:

Very windy here now

Is that your wife too :wink:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote::roflmao:

Very windy here now

Is that your wife too :wink:
Always
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Ronan wrote:
3 dead in Republic Of Ireland :(
2 people in separate accidents through trees falling on their cars - plus 1 unfortunate who was trying to cut up a fallen tree with a chainsaw - poor soul. I've always had a healthy respect for chainsaws, bloody lethal if a slight error is made.