Bristol City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Bristol City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Postby Gurj » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:34 pm

On way back from Bristol, this was the Leeds we know and love ! Didn't give Bristol City a sniff. Absolute top class.
Ronaldo Vieira take a bow son - majestic !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Gurj wrote:On way back from Bristol, this was the Leeds we know and love ! Didn't give Bristol City a sniff. Absolute top class.
Ronaldo Vieira take a bow son - majestic !

Glad you had a good day Gurj, you're the good luck omen. Didn't you do an away last season when we were on a bad run and we won.

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm

The Samuel Saiz terrace chant.
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Gandalf wrote:Heh, heh. We've all been saying that TC needs to change it up. Vieira in to bolster the midfield was a plus. Jansson has been underperforming for the last few games, so it was no surprise to me that he was rested. No one player is bigger than the team. Really pleased for TC. Time for a bite to eat, and do the racing results, before spending the evening reading the matchday thread on Waccoe. No doubt they went batshit mental on there when the team was announced.

Shocking in that Jansson did not start, I have been calling for Vierra since day 1
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Shaughnessy, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Ekuban

Roofe - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 pm

From the radio comentary It sounded that Viera played a blinder but from this
clip I would say that Lonergan was pretty fearless in goal and played a stormer
and Lassoga's hold-up play and assists were as good as Wood's

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:08 pm

From the radio comentary It sounded that Viera played a blinder but from this
clip I would say that Lonergan was pretty fearless in goal and played a stormer
and Lassoga's hold-up play and assists were as good as Wood's

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm

TC post match Bristol.

weasel

Postby weasel » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Interesting some of the comments about team selection and think some people owe TC a huge apology. Methinks perhaps the reason RV played so well is because he is now fully fit and injury free as TC has handled him with extreme care this season as he is a player that came from nowhere to playing a lot of games in his debut season and then had no summer to recover due to international matches. Far too easy to burn a young player out and ruin them. A fully rejuvenated RV could go on to have a great season for Leeds and still be going strong at the end of the season unlike the whole team that ran out of steam at the end of last season.

Great interviews by Radio Leeds with TC and RV at the end of the match and RV really came across well and admitted he had played a lot last season with a knee injury. TC admitting also that the decision to drop PJ was something he'd been thinking about for a while and I think most would agree PJ hasn't been playing well of late. Worth also noticing the celebrations for the goals today - 9 players involved in the celebration for the first goal, before the cameras cut off and 8 for the second before the camera cut off - definitely no problems with the team spirit of those out on the pitch today.
Senor El Weasel

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Ronaldo speaks.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:33 pm

weasel wrote:Interesting some of the comments about team selection and think some people owe TC a huge apology. Methinks perhaps the reason RV played so well is because he is now fully fit and injury free as TC has handled him with extreme care this season as he is a player that came from nowhere to playing a lot of games in his debut season and then had no summer to recover due to international matches. Far too easy to burn a young player out and ruin them. A fully rejuvenated RV could go on to have a great season for Leeds and still be going strong at the end of the season unlike the whole team that ran out of steam at the end of last season.

Great interviews by Radio Leeds with TC and RV at the end of the match and RV really came across well and admitted he had played a lot last season with a knee injury. TC admitting also that the decision to drop PJ was something he'd been thinking about for a while and I think most would agree PJ hasn't been playing well of late. Worth also noticing the celebrations for the goals today - 9 players involved in the celebration for the first goal, before the cameras cut off and 8 for the second before the camera cut off - definitely no problems with the team spirit of those out on the pitch today.

You could say that with absolutely no proof or you could say he was forced into change and has started other injured players where there is proof
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Shaughnessy, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Ekuban

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes, a lot of things are easier to see in hindsight

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Lonergan - 8
Ayling - 6
Pennington - 6
Cooper - 7
Beradi - 6 (docked two pts for the sending off up to then an 8)
Alioski - 7
Vierra - 9 MOTM
O'Kane - 6
Phillips - 8
Saiz - 9
Lassoga - 7

Sacko - 5
Grot - 6
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Cjay
First Team
First Team

Postby Cjay » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Credit to Lasogga to, he was excellent today, goal and an assist.

Stand by my statement that he is better as an overall player then Chris Wood.

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Cjay wrote:Credit to Lasogga to, he was excellent today, goal and an assist.

I think we may have a player on our hands when he's fitter and up to speed with the championship, aroind xmas i reckon.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:44 pm

For me this was won in midfield and the special talents of Saiz, the third goal the cherry on top. Defence not really tested that much as Bristol on the back foot for most of the game and that early goal was needed. Pontus is needed back asap, Pennington looked a little dodgy today for me. Beradi was having a stormer till the ill advised over reaction.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Cjay
First Team
First Team

Postby Cjay » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:45 pm

gessa wrote:I think we may have a player on our hands when he's fitter and up to speed with the championship, aroind xmas i reckon.

Agreed, dont think he is fully fit yet.
7-games
4-goals
3-assists

Cant really ask for much more.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Cjay wrote:Credit to Lasogga to, he was excellent today, goal and an assist.

Looks a prospect, needs to settle in fully. I'm not missing Wood
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

dezzy
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @pdezzy

Postby dezzy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:07 pm

faaip wrote:Looks a prospect, needs to settle in fully. I'm not missing Wood

Not missing Wood?! Yes we are coping without him and Lassoga is a good replacement, but Wood in that side, would make a huge difference
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Postby Oscar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Superb performance today and a fantastic result. Christiansen got it absolutely spot on today both with a change of formation and a slight tactical change. Our movement without the ball was totally different and far far more effective. Vieira came in to play as the only holding midfielder whilst Phillips and O'Kane played higher up to gegenpress Bristol City and force them into errors it worked magnificently well. We weren't at our creative best with the ball but we had our moments particularly on the counter attack. I think 3-0 flattered us slightly but this was a thoroughly deserved win and a real sign that we are getting back to our best just in time for potentially the biggest 2 months of our season.
First half: Brilliant, we were so disciplined and forced them into mistakes throughout and never allowed them to get comfortable. Whilst the front 3 was so efficient with the ball as well.
Second half: Not quite as good but still Bristol City never looked like getting back into the game.

Player Ratings:
Lonergan 7- Had one dodgy moment on a cross in the first half but made up for it with a good save second half. His distribution isn't great but i've been really impressed with Lonners so far.
Ayling 7- His first touch is just incredible mostly good defensively as well.
Pennington 8- By far our best defender today imo he didn't have loads to do but he reads the game really well.
Cooper 7- Literally had nothing to do until the last few minutes but coped with everything that was thrown at him.
Berardi 4- I love Berra and love him at left back but what the f**k was he thinking, didn't think he was having a great game before the red card either.
Vieira 9- Incredible simply incredible today, he made all the difference his energy was incredible considering it was his first start for ages.
Phillips 8- Brilliant, played further forward in a position which suits him and off the ball he was superb as well.
O'Kane 7- Again played further forward and it suited him better, his positional sense was excellent always knew when to and when not to press high, a little bit wasteful on the ball by his high standards.
Alioski 7- Didn't see loads of the ball but was really clever with it gives us a real threat on the counter.
Lasogga 9- Magnificent, great finish and great work for the 1st, easily his best performance since his debut.
Saiz 9- Man Of The Match, he's just on another level isn't he? two good finishes and just looked so comfortable on the left, it doesn't even surprise me anymore when he tries to take on 4 players and manages to keep the ball.
Subs:
Sacko 5- Tried to start a few counter attacks but with nowhere near the same amount of success as Alioski.
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Oscar wrote:Superb performance today and a fantastic result. Christiansen got it absolutely spot on today both with a change of formation and a slight tactical change. Our movement without the ball was totally different and far far more effective. Vieira came in to play as the only holding midfielder whilst Phillips and O'Kane played higher up to gegenpress Bristol City and force them into errors it worked magnificently well. We weren't at our creative best with the ball but we had our moments particularly on the counter attack. I think 3-0 flattered us slightly but this was a thoroughly deserved win and a real sign that we are getting back to our best just in time for potentially the biggest 2 months of our season.
First half: Brilliant, we were so disciplined and forced them into mistakes throughout and never allowed them to get comfortable. Whilst the front 3 was so efficient with the ball as well.
Second half: Not quite as good but still Bristol City never looked like getting back into the game.

Player Ratings:
Lonergan 7- Had one dodgy moment on a cross in the first half but made up for it with a good save second half. His distribution isn't great but i've been really impressed with Lonners so far.
Ayling 7- His first touch is just incredible mostly good defensively as well.
Pennington 8- By far our best defender today imo he didn't have loads to do but he reads the game really well.
Cooper 7- Literally had nothing to do until the last few minutes but coped with everything that was thrown at him.
Berardi 4- I love Berra and love him at left back but what the f**k was he thinking, didn't think he was having a great game before the red card either.
Vieira 9- Incredible simply incredible today, he made all the difference his energy was incredible considering it was his first start for ages.
Phillips 8- Brilliant, played further forward in a position which suits him and off the ball he was superb as well.
O'Kane 7- Again played further forward and it suited him better, his positional sense was excellent always knew when to and when not to press high, a little bit wasteful on the ball by his high standards.
Alioski 7- Didn't see loads of the ball but was really clever with it gives us a real threat on the counter.
Lasogga 9- Magnificent, great finish and great work for the 1st, easily his best performance since his debut.
Saiz 9- Man Of The Match, he's just on another level isn't he? two good finishes and just looked so comfortable on the left, it doesn't even surprise me anymore when he tries to take on 4 players and manages to keep the ball.
Subs:
Sacko 5- Tried to start a few counter attacks but with nowhere near the same amount of success as Alioski.

A few MOT'ers there today Oscar :tup: great atmosphere :scarf1:

Bumped into & spoke to a lot of fans I know today, wonderful day & a massive relief we've stopped the rot

Return to “General Chat”