World Cup Play-Offs Draw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

World Cup Play-Offs Draw

Post by 1964white »

Decent draws for the Irish

Avoiding the likes of Italy, Croatia & Sweden has to be a bonus ?
Screenshot 2017-10-17 at 18.52.33.png
Screenshot 2017-10-17 at 18.52.33.png (230.84 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Draw

Post by paddy parrott »

Very happy '64 with draw and hopefully we can do the business home and away. Home second leg should have us nicking it. Though we have only ourselves to blame for making qualifying hard. Team must deliver in return leg they owe it to the fans.
gessa

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote:Very happy '64 with draw and hopefully we can do the business home and away. Home second leg should have us nicking it. Though we have only ourselves to blame for making qualifying hard. Team must deliver in return leg they owe it to the fans.

Could have been a lot worse Paddy, a very good chance for the Republic to get through. I think N I have the toughest draw of the lot.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Could have been a lot worse Paddy, a very good chance for the Republic to get through. I think N I have the toughest draw of the lot.
Agree as Switzerland had won 9 out of 9 games until their only defeat against Portugal in their final qualifying match
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Personally think we have a decent chance. The Swiss blew what was the easiest qualifying group of the lot (let's be honest; remove the prancing ponce and Portugal have nothing), so I'm not putting huge stock by their 9 out of 9. Also, they're a footballing side who won't like it up 'em, and when they hear the Windsor roar, they'll sh*t themselves!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Personally think we have a decent chance. The Swiss blew what was the easiest qualifying group of the lot (let's be honest; remove the prancing ponce and Portugal have nothing), so I'm not putting huge stock by their 9 out of 9. Also, they're a footballing side who won't like it up 'em, and when they hear the Windsor roar, they'll sh*t themselves!!!

I hope you're right Nick,there's been some impressive performances from Norn Ire in the last few years.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:I hope you're right Nick,there's been some impressive performances from Norn Ire in the last few years.
Wont be easy, Ges, and we need to get a positive result at home, but I think we can beat them over 2 legs. Michael O'Neill has done a great job with a panel of mostly non-Premiership players; if we don't make it, I can see some club sides sniffing around.
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Wont be easy, Ges, and we need to get a positive result at home, but I think we can beat them over 2 legs. Michael O'Neill has done a great job with a panel of mostly non-Premiership players; if we don't make it, I can see some club sides sniffing around.
He really has Nick,would be great to see both Ireland's in there, the support is excellent and adds to any game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Personally think we have a decent chance. The Swiss blew what was the easiest qualifying group of the lot (let's be honest; remove the prancing ponce and Portugal have nothing), so I'm not putting huge stock by their 9 out of 9. Also, they're a footballing side who won't like it up 'em and when they hear the Windsor roar, they'll sh*t themselves!!!
I do think NI have an excellent chance for that very reason Nick
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:He really has Nick,would be great to see both Ireland's in there, the support is excellent and adds to any game.
Both would give England a run for their money too should we end up in the same group
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Both would give England a run for their money too should we end up in the same group
I don't think anyone will be fearing England
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:He really has Nick,would be great to see both Ireland's in there, the support is excellent and adds to any game.
:tup: