Friday's Breakfast Debate - Williams/Players Scuffle/Everton Yobs/James Wilson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Friday's Breakfast Debate - Williams/Players Scuffle/Everton Yobs/James Wilson

Post by 1964white »

Surely Ashley Williams should have been shown a red card not only for the aggressive push on the Lyon keeper but for potentially inciting a riot ?

The fans who got involved are idiots, the bloke with his son in his arms is a disgrace of a parent

Leeds are trying to arrange the loan signing of Man U's/England U21striker James Wilson

Firstly is he the type of player we need ?

Secondly is he any good ?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Williams/Players Scuffle/Everton Yobs/James Wilson

Post by lufc1304 »

No, I don't believe he should. Deserved a booking for what was a stupid challenge, but he couldn't have known what was going to happen next. As for the fans, and the father in particular, a**holes

Big things were being talked about young Wilson a couple of seasons ago, made the scum's cup side iirc, but has obviously fallen down the pecking order as they've bought big. Worth a punt, I'd say
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Williams/Players Scuffle/Everton Yobs/James Wilson

Post by Cjay »

Booking to for me, but the fans are neanderthals just ridiculous.

He is similar to Chuba Akpom at Arsenal who we keep getting linked with. "Highly rated" despite never really doing much, not a priority imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Red card
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:Red card
Red card for me too Harry :tup:

It wasn't momentum that took the hotheaded Williams into the keeper, he deliberately barged the Lyon goalie into the hoardings where the players & a section of baying neanderthals made the situation a whole lot worse.
Had the incident occurred anywhere else on the park it would have been a yellow imo !
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:Red card for me too Harry :tup:

It wasn't momentum that took the hotheaded Williams into the keeper, he deliberately barged the Lyon goalie into the hoardings where the players & a section of baying neanderthals made the situation a whole lot worse.
Had the incident occurred anywhere else on the park it would have been a yellow imo !
That's the way I see it. And the keeper had no chance to protect himself or even brace for the impact. Cowardly act by Williams.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Sending off for me. Awful deliberate push which could have lead to nasty injury and then his disrespectful behaviour afterwards. Ref bottled it....if he gave the other teams player a yellow for argy bargy, then Williams the same, then the ref didn't take into account the initial foul which I think he should have
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Oh, and the crowd were appalling. Its all on film so I hope Kenwright bans a few of them. Especially the bloke holding the child.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Sending off for me. Awful deliberate push which could have lead to nasty injury and then his disrespectful behaviour afterwards. Ref bottled it....if he gave the other teams player a yellow for argy bargy, then Williams the same, then the ref didn't take into account the initial foul which I think he should have
Will be interesting to hear my friend's opinion who is a local referee on our way to Bristol
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Everton have banned the child-carrying supporter involved in a confrontation with a Lyon player during Thursday's Europa League defeat at Goodison Park

The club have also contacted Merseyside Police, who are investigating.

Everton's Ashley Williams sparked the melee which saw an Everton fan - carrying a small child - appear to push Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes.

European football's governing body Uefa has charged Everton with "aggressions by supporters against players".

Uefa will deal with the case at a disciplinary hearing on 16 November.

"I don't think it is part of the English atmosphere to hit an away player, but it was like this," said Lopes after the game, which Lyon won 2-1.

An Everton statement read: "Club officials have reviewed the footage of an incident where supporters towards the front of the lower Gwladys Street End became involved in a confrontation between players.

"We have identified one individual against whom action will now be taken. This will include a ban from attending future Everton fixtures, and the club registering a formal complaint with Merseyside Police."

Everton were fined £8,837 by Uefa last month, after crowd trouble during the home leg of their Europa League play-off match against Hajduk Split in August.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

HarryofOz wrote:That's the way I see it. And the keeper had no chance to protect himself or even brace for the impact. Cowardly act by Williams.
Ditto on that, should have been a red card and Everton should hit him with a massive fine
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't