Sunday politics. ( With liggy. )

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Sunday politics. ( With liggy. )

Post by liggy »

As many of you are aware, on Sunday politics as you know we are not frightened to debate
The nations hot topics like cross breeding racing pigeons .

On the news last week the Scottish Parliament passed a law banning folk from chining
There kids ( how will that ever work in Glasgow ) smacking the little buggers is banned
In Scotland.
As you all know this is a northern pastime and we should not loose any more of our culture
My older brother and younger sister used to beat the living day lights out of me,and I'd like to think it's done me no harm whatsoever ,
My mother said my nervous tick and stammer came from a draughty window,
Anyhoo this short film that I made proves my point

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Sunday politics. ( With liggy. )

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote:As many of you are aware, on Sunday politics as you know we are not frightened to debate
The nations hot topics like cross breeding racing pigeons .

On the news last week the Scottish Parliament passed a law banning folk from chining
There kids ( how will that ever work in Glasgow ) smacking the little buggers is banned
In Scotland.
As you all know this is a northern pastime and we should not loose any more of our culture
My older brother and younger sister used to beat the living day lights out of me,and I'd like to think it's done me no harm whatsoever ,
My mother said my nervous tick and stammer came from a draughty window,
Anyhoo this short film that I made proves my point

This should go down well :roflmao:

Had one of the buggers running around a restaurant we were in a few weeks ago, I was tempted to stick my leg out & trip the little blighter :lol:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Children should be seen & not heard !!!!!

So many children don't seem to be taught how to behave in public these days or show respect to adults
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Mrs64 wrote:Children should be seen & not heard !!!!!

So many children don't seem to be taught how to behave in public these days or show respect to adults
I'm with Mrs moggins here,
I think they should sit in the back of their fatha's Morris minor with a nice glass of lemonade & crisps
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

liggy wrote:I'm with Mrs moggins here,
I think they should sit in the back of their fatha's Morris minor with a nice glass of lemonade & crisps
That brings back memories lol me and my sister sitting in the car with a bottle of coke and a straw and a bag of crisps listening to Radio Luxembourg whilst mum and dad were in the pub :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Mrs64 wrote:
Agree that kids in restaurants can be a real pain but on every ocassion i blame the parent, a kids natural leaning is to play , so sitting in the confines of a restaurant is against their nature, other than really young kids rarely do you see parents bring anything to occupy them, which leads to boredom and we all know what follows.

You mention about kids lack of respect to adults, unfortunately there is also very little respect to kids from a lot of adults, I've lost count the number of times I've seen adults push past kids in queues, we've even been to places where freebies are thrown out only to see adults push kids out of the way to get to the item that is probably worth 2 quid.
I rarely lose my rag these days but the last 3 times I have it's been with adults being rude to my kids. The last time was a few weeks ago when my lad and his mate went to the local kids park to play football, a couple were on there "training their dog" a park where dogs aren't allowed, when they started playing the bloke came up to them and told them to stop playing because it was distracting their dog, being young and polite kids they stopped and went to the swings, where he followed them and told them to stop that too as them playing was distracting them. They came home and told me, they got to play.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote:That brings back memories lol me and my sister sitting in the car with a bottle of coke and a straw and a bag of crisps listening to Radio Luxembourg whilst mum and dad were in the pub :P :bear:
Bit of a saying around here. Bottle of vimto and a bag of Cheese n Onion
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Adults should set examples for kids about how to behave.

Instead we have that idiot Everton fan the other day, who will get a lot of support from many others who blame the whole incident on the PSG players, we see sport's brats hero worshipped and generally allowed to get away with their behaviour because disciplining them would give the sport a bad image and cost it money, we see childish behaviour from politicians in parliaments, we see the behaviour of the celebrities like Gordon Ramsey and whatsisname from the car show applauded and rewarded and laughed at as though it were funny. And the list of adults behaving in an ill-disciplined manner, in a bullying manner in a manner that is criticised when children to it, goes on and on. Yet adults should be better at knowing the difference between right and wrong, between acceptable and unacceptable.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Like ^^^^^
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Agree that kids in restaurants can be a real pain but on every ocassion i blame the parent, a kids natural leaning is to play , so sitting in the confines of a restaurant is against their nature, other than really young kids rarely do you see parents bring anything to occupy them, which leads to boredom and we all know what follows.

You mention about kids lack of respect to adults, unfortunately there is also very little respect to kids from a lot of adults, I've lost count the number of times I've seen adults push past kids in queues, we've even been to places where freebies are thrown out only to see adults push kids out of the way to get to the item that is probably worth 2 quid.
I rarely lose my rag these days but the last 3 times I have it's been with adults being rude to my kids. The last time was a few weeks ago when my lad and his mate went to the local kids park to play football, a couple were on there "training their dog" a park where dogs aren't allowed, when they started playing the bloke came up to them and told them to stop playing because it was distracting their dog, being young and polite kids they stopped and went to the swings, where he followed them and told them to stop that too as them playing was distracting them. They came home and told me, they got to play.
Spot on mate, all the problems are down to poor parenting

If parents teach their kids discipline, morals & the rights & wrongs within their home during their formative years they wouldn't misbehave outside when they engage with adults & other children

I know we live in a different world nowadays as kids we rarely ventured into town centre/restaurants/hotels/etc years ago, our parents couldn't afford such luxuries tbh. You were more likely to see us in the park playing 20 a side football/cricket/rugby all day.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

That dog owner in the park that chased gessa's younguns
Sounds suspiciously like benny the fisheel ( bless him ) Training his dingo