Leicester v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Leicester v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa »

Iheanacho, Slimani and Iborra cost £65m between them let alone the others puts it into perspective..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Iheanacho, Slimani and Iborra cost £65m between them let alone the others puts it into perspective..
Yep.
And we still caused them a few problems without 3 of our best attackers, Saiz, Lasogga and Alioksi.

Who are all now rested.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:Outclassed second half.

A few showing they lack what's necessary to be in the first team..

or just thrown to the lions. I don't think, other than Weidwald you can read anything into this game. Basically we treated it like a pre season friendly
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote:Yep.
And we still caused them a few problems without 3 of our best attackers, Saiz, Lasogga and Alioksi.

Who are all now rested.

But we almost have to win Friday now.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:or just thrown to the lions. I don't think, other than Weidwald you can read anything into this game. Basically we treated it like a pre season friendly
I think it showed Cibicki is miles off atm.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:But we almost have to win Friday now.
Wouldn't be the end of the world if we didnt win but get your point.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Surely we have more chance of a win with the better players rested
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Positives
Cbj looked better
Grot looked better, especially 1st half.
Klich and Phillips did ok
Anita was ok.
Shaunie was ok.
Pablo was good.
Roofe was good

Negatives
Jansson made 2 mistakes which could have cost us.
Weidwald making Silvestri look like Buffon.
Cibicki was ineffective.
Sacko may as well not come on.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jansson worried me, blind back pass and a slip when trying to be to clever.

Id be surprised if he starts ahead of Cooper and Penny after that on Friday.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Jansson worried me, blind back pass and a slip when trying to be to clever.

He was getting away with those things last season, a few did say it may come back to bite him on the arse. Not the same player so far this season..forever what reason.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:Positives
Cbj looked better
Grot looked better, especially 1st half.
Klich and Phillips did ok
Anita was ok.
Shaunie was ok.
Pablo was good.
Roofe was good

Negatives
Jansson made 2 mistakes which could have cost us.
Weidwald making Silvestri look like Buffon.
Cibicki was ineffective.
Sacko may as well not come on.
I would shove Shaunie in to the good category - he looks like he can cut it.

Felix comment.... :roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:Surely we have more chance of a win with the better players rested

maybe but I'm not sure how much evidence there is for that
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:He was getting away with those things last season, a few did say it may come back to bite him on the arse. Not the same player so far this season..forever what reason.

probably fallen out with management which would be a shame because he's in a different class to the others. Good job we have him for 3 more years
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Cibicki and Sacko probably our worst signings and both are nowhere near good enough for this division. I always cringe when we bring Sacko on as it means we are basically down to ten men !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:maybe but I'm not sure how much evidence there is for that

There must be something in it, or 99% of managers wouldn't be doing it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We started brightly & deservedly took the lead with Pablo's superb strike, for 30 minutes we were looking comfortable until the clown between the sticks failed to deal with a ball the majority of keepers would have swallowed up. Apart from one thunderous strike which hit the bar from the foxes we were still in the game at half-time.
Unfortunately errors occurred as we faded badly in the 2nd half which I'm not surprised as half this team had hardly played 90 minutes sustained football of late. How do the fringe players remain match-fit as I rarely see these players playing in the U23's ? For that reason it is very difficult to be critical of these players with so little match-time
In the end Leicester had too much class & pace for us especially when they brought their big guns Mahrez & Vardy on.

Immense credit to our fans once again as we sung 'We All Love Leeds' for the final ten minutes & beyond the final whistle right up to our players came up to us fans to applaud our support.

2 Clown - a total liability
5 Anita - foxes too quick for him
7 Shaugnessy - apart from the 2nd goal a very assured performance
5 Jansson - sadly Pontus is only half the player he was last season, he looks depressed
7 Borthwick-Jackson - was having his best game for Leeds until his injury
6 Klich - neat & tidy, faded badly in the 2nd half
8 Phillips MOTM - played a deeper role last night, KP was excellent, any energy left had gone once Phillips was subbed
5 Roofe - ran around a lot to no effect
8 Hernandez - played the captains role well, never stopped running when others had long given up, superb strike for his goal
2 Cibicki - looked like a big girls blouse, fish out of water comes to mind
4 Grot - looked ok early on, faded badly in the 2nd half
Subs
6 Ayling - usual Ayling energy
2 Sacko - woeful, a pointless substitution in the end
5 Vieira - never got into the game

10 Leeds fans
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

rab_rant wrote:Could be right... perhaps he should drop everything and become a juggler :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Were he a juggler he absolutely would drop everything.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Thought we were excellent first half and we looked really comfortable we were unlucky to not go in ahead tbh.
Second half was more of a struggle but Leicester never really started to outplay us, I was a bit disappointed by our lack of response to going 2-1 down but I have to say 3-1 was a bit harsh on us. Leicester were incredibly efficient though in converting the few chances they created on the night.
Player Ratings:
Wiedwald 4- :( never looked comforable all night and at fault for the first.
Anita 4- Awful again constantly out of position and his defending was dreadful for the 3rd goal just let Mahrez run 20 yards unchallenged.
Shaughnessy 7- Did well again he's not played loads of games but has been our best centre back so far this season, very composed and although far from the finished article he's got huge potential.
Jansson 6- Outstanding first half winning absolutely everything, made some costly errors in the second half, however.
Borthwick-Jackson 7- Thought he did well, made some crucial challenges and looks comfortable on the ball. Really hope he is fit to play on Friday.
Klich 6- Some wasteful passing but did ok overall and some good defensive work.
Phillips 8- Man Of The Match, thought he was brilliant won everything in the middle of the park and helped us to have complete control for the first 60 minutes.
Roofe 6- Created the goal and a chance for Grot looked really good first half and used the ball well, faded very badly in the second half but tbf saw very little of the ball. Missed a big chance in the second half.
Hernandez 7- Great goal and had some good moments but wasn't quite at his creative best.
Cibicki 4- Very rarely touched the ball.
Grot 6- Similar to Roofe, thought he was very good first half and used the ball well. He needs a goal though to give him that confidence because he hasn't actually looked like scoring yet. Didn't have any service in the second half.
Substitutions:
Ayling 6- Tried to get forward but struggled a bit defensively.
Sacko 5- Still loses the ball too easily because of his first touch if he can work on that I think he would be a much more useful player.
Vieira 7- Came on whilst Leicester started to build momentum but broke up play quite well.

We gave quite a good account of ourselves but need to stop making so many defensive errors all 3 goals were avoidable and these are mistakes our back 4 last season quite simply weren't making last season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Shaughnessy 7- Did well again he's not played loads of games but has been our best centre back so far this season, very composed and although far from the finished article he's got huge potential
Still reminds me of a young Alan Hansen
Oscar wrote:Jansson 6- Outstanding first half winning absolutely everything, made some costly errors in the second half, however
Unusually for me I was disappointed with Pontus, a real up & down erratic game
Oscar wrote:Borthwick-Jackson 7- Thought he did well, made some crucial challenges and looks comfortable on the ball. Really hope he is fit to play on Friday
If BJ is fit he has given himself a chance of a first XI place v the Blunts
Oscar wrote:Phillips 8- Man Of The Match, thought he was brilliant won everything in the middle of the park and helped us to have complete control for the first 60 minutes.Phillips 8- Man Of The Match, thought he was brilliant won everything in the middle of the park and helped us to have complete control for the first 60 minutes.Phillips 8- Man Of The Match, thought he was brilliant won everything in the middle of the park and helped us to have complete control for the first 60 minutes
Glad you are on the same wavelength as me, won everything hardly put a foot wrong. Quite apparent when he was replaced with Vieira who never gives the ball away :roll: from that moment the whole energy & composure had gone out of our game. TC obviously looking to start KP on Friday
night hopefully in the same role he played at Bristol
Oscar wrote:Hernandez 7- Great goal and had some good moments but wasn't quite at his creative best

One of Pablo's better games, still littered with several sloppy passes
Oscar wrote:Roofe 6- Created the goal and a chance for Grot looked really good first half and used the ball well, faded very badly in the second half but tbf saw very little of the ball. Missed a big chance in the second half
The type of chance Losogga or Wood would have stuck away
Oscar wrote:Grot 6- Similar to Roofe, thought he was very good first half and used the ball well. He needs a goal though to give him that confidence because he hasn't actually looked like scoring yet. Didn't have any service in the second half
God help us if Lasogga picks up an injury