Leicester v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leicester v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Leeds travel down to Leicester on Tuesday night hoping to make the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup.

Having returned to winning ways at Ashton Gate on Saturday, TC's men will be full of confidence that they can hold their own against the 2015-16 season Champions, just as they did in the previous round at Burnley

The crisp munchers gained an invaluable 3 points at the weekend at the Liberty Stadium beating Swansea 2-1, but it will be interesting how many changes they make.
Managerless Leicester sit in 14th place on 9 points from from as many matches, just a point from the drop zone.

Team selection for both sides should be interesting

How important is a win to both teams?

Who would sacrifice progression to the quarter finals for a win v the Blunts this Friday?
gessa

Re: Leicester v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa »

3 points friday are a lot more importartant imo.
We need to make changes especially as Sheffield haven't got a mideeek game. Id imagine 3 points are more valuable to Leicester too, so it could be 2 reserve teams.
gessa

Post by gessa »

------------------------ Lonegan

Ayling------- Shaughnessy-----Jansson-------CBJ

-----Alioski------Klich------Vieira----------Anita

----------------Roofe-----------Grot -----------------
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Loners

Ayling
Penny
Shaunie
CBJ

Klich
Gomes

Sacko
Kun T
Roofe

Grot.

Rather keep, Anita, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Saiz, Hernandez, Lasogga etc fresh, and with Ronnie V saying he has been struggling with a long term injury, give him a rest.

Friday means more.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I think it's a win win situation. If we make the quarter finals then great but if we don't then that's ok too, no distraction from the league. I'mh with gessa and cjay on team selection, rest our big players, we need them for Friday.
In saying that playing Jansson as ges has him down would give him a run out he missed at the weekend, but maybe rest Viera who seems to have this ongoing injury?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Leeds travel down to Leicester on Tuesday night hoping to make the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup.

Having returned to winning ways at Ashton Gate on Saturday, TC's men will be full of confidence that they can hold their own against the 2015-16 season Champions, just as they did in the previous round at Burnley

The crisp munchers gained an invaluable 3 points at the weekend at the Liberty Stadium beating Swansea 2-1, but it will be interesting how many changes they make.
Managerless Leicester sit in 14th place on 9 points from from as many matches, just a point from the drop zone.

Team selection for both sides should be interesting

How important is a win to both teams?

Who would sacrifice progression to the quarter finals for a win v the Blunts this Friday?

If you could absolutely guarantee the win Friday then I'd toss a coin, as it is we play Leicester first and I'd relly be pissed off if we threw that one and lost v Sheff United Friday. Go for the win, Quarter final of anything is big

I'd start the first team with maybe Klich for O'Kane
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Read into this what you will but a couple of our foreign imports were not with the U23s today including Kun Temenezkhov (excuse my spelling)
Looking at possible squad places ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I doubt any of the starting line-up at Bristol will start at Leicester

The Foxes will also play their 2nd XI
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:------------------------ Lonegan

Ayling------- Shaughnessy-----Jansson-------CBJ

-----Alioski------Klich------Vieira----------Anita

----------------Roofe-----------Grot -----------------
I suspect the three A's Ayling, Alioski & Anita plus Vieira & Lonergan will be saved for the Blunts game, I maybe wrong !
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

TC will defo make a number of Changes tonight, as he did for the Burnely game. Personally could care less about this game, Friday is a massive game for us, and 1 millions times more important. Im sure Leicester feel the same way. Usual Im all for a cup run but this season I feel very different about it.

Felix to start in net.

Anita------- Shaughnessy-----Jansson-------CBJ

-----Sako------Klich------Gomes----------Roofe

----------------Cibicki-----------Grot -----------------

Lets see what this front pair can do.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The EFL Cup is a sideshow, as will be the FA Cup when we encounter it. The quicker we lose the better.
We need to concentrate on the league to get to the future we need.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:I suspect the three A's Ayling, Alioski & Anita plus Vieira & Lonergan will be saved for the Blunts game, I maybe wrong !
Seems likely Vieira will be rested until Friday as we have been managing his playing time. Ayling does seem to just play all the time though so could maybe see him start.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I think it will mostly be second string a la Burnley. The bench packed with the quality in case we need them. Hoping for a similar result to Burnley, but no extra time or pens please.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:I think it will mostly be second string a la Burnley. The bench packed with the quality in case we need them. Hoping for a similar result to Burnley, but no extra time or pens please
Last thing I want although I have moved my appointments to Thursday & taken tomorrow morning off so I can have a lay-in :sleep2:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Seems likely Vieira will be rested until Friday as we have been managing his playing time. Ayling does seem to just play all the time though so could maybe see him start.
Ayling only plays because we are stretched in that position especially after sending Coyle out on loan at the beginning of the season. Anita has been suffering an injury & now Berardi is suspended.

We're alright though as we have 28 midfielders :roll:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:I suspect the three A's Ayling, Alioski & Anita plus Vieira & Lonergan will be saved for the Blunts game, I maybe wrong !
Wouldn'tbe surprised to see Sacko start over Alioski, who do we have to play right back though if not Ayling or Anita.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Wouldn'tbe surprised to see Sacko start over Alioski, who do we have to play right back though if not Ayling or Anita.
Has to be Ayling or Anita tbh mate

Yes Sacko will definitely start :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably no "commentary" from me tonight because A: Midweek games are tough for me to follow and B: If we're not taking it seriously then I have little interest in a glorified friendly

If we start a good team I may change my mind
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Starting 11

Wiedwald
Anita
Jansson
Shaughnessy
Borthwick-Jackson
Phillips
Klich
Roofe
Hernandez
Cibicki
Grot

are this weeks winners of the consolation prize. I'm assuming Jansson still getting punished and won't play Friday
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not sure Klich is a DMF so not seeing a whole lot of protection for the back 4 there.