Samu Saiz sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Samu Saiz

Post by SG90 »

Too many fans were rating him and others based on Heckaday's tenure, as if shouting "get stuck in lads" was how to get the best out of him. I was constantly told that Saiz was a League 1 player, even though he's clearly a class above most in this league. Keep his head screwed on and he will be a contender for Championship POTY.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 pm Too many fans were rating him and others based on Heckaday's tenure, as if shouting "get stuck in lads" was how to get the best out of him. I was constantly told that Saiz was a League 1 player, even though he's clearly a class above most in this league. Keep his head screwed on and he will be a contender for Championship POTY.
Dont think it was some much that tbh.

Saiz has always had ability, in regards to holding the ball, turning and running at defenders, he was great at that.

Its the passing bit, knowing when to release the ball, game intelligence that he lacked.

If Bielsa can teach him that then as you say, POTY contender.

Long way to go, if he strings 10 games like that together then my mind will be changed.

As it is he still has to prove himself imo, prove that he really is a top quality player at this level on a consistent basis.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 pm Too many fans were rating him and others based on Heckaday's tenure, as if shouting "get stuck in lads" was how to get the best out of him. I was constantly told that Saiz was a League 1 player, even though he's clearly a class above most in this league. Keep his head screwed on and he will be a contender for Championship POTY.
Yes if he maintains yesterday's form he'd certainly be a contender
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Its the passing bit, knowing when to release the ball, game intelligence that he lacked.
Sometimes though in the second half of last season it looked like his team-mates were simply not on the same wavelength and as such instead of him being able to slip a pass through he was having to wait and wait for them to make the run and by that point he was crowded out.

Samu always looked to have a good understanding with Alioski an Pablo. Hopefully Klich can be added to those who can play a bit more by instinct and make the runs for Samu to find them. I do think Samu will benefit hugely by Bielsa's tactics as players will be finding space and with all the movement it should hopefully stop the opposition double marking Samu.

I think a lot of players lost confidence last season and it makes such a huge difference.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:57 pm Sometimes though in the second half of last season it looked like his team-mates were simply not on the same wavelength and as such instead of him being able to slip a pass through he was having to wait and wait for them to make the run and by that point he was crowded out.

Samu always looked to have a good understanding with Alioski an Pablo. Hopefully Klich can be added to those who can play a bit more by instinct and make the runs for Samu to find them. I do think Samu will benefit hugely by Bielsa's tactics as players will be finding space and with all the movement it should hopefully stop the opposition double marking Samu.

I think a lot of players lost confidence last season and it makes such a huge difference.
Probably some truth there tonbe fair.

When Alioski had a poor game invariably so did Samu.

But suppose thats where quality shines through.

Especially 2nd half of the season Pablo Hernandez at times was like a 1 man attack.

He is a special case though, clear to see that Pablo is a class above with his vision and all round ability. Most chances created for Pablo per game in the league, nobody created more clear cut chances.

In his prime Pablo was the same but with Saiz's pace.

Hope Sammy asks Pablo for advice, really do.

There is a class difference there which reflects in there careers.

Samu has talent but he would do well to recognise the quality his teammate had and still has and use him as a mentor.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brilliant again yesterday (silly scoop lob aside).

If he keeps this level up he will attract attention.

He must keep it up, thats what the best players at this level do, consist performances.

Despite 2 excellent performances he only has 1 assist to show for it, credit goes to the rest of the squad, team effort, not relying on 1 person.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Back to his best
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Needs to step up now.

He has done well this season but struggled vs Boro without Pablo.

Only has 1 assist in the league, that needs to improve.

Number 10 he needs to be a goal threat and creator.
Signed

King Cjay

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:49 pm Needs to step up now.

He has done well this season but struggled vs Boro without Pablo.

Only has 1 assist in the league, that needs to improve.

Number 10 he needs to be a goal threat and creator.
Fully agree Cjay, he needs to start earning his paypacket with the injuries we have !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

2 assists, he set up Bamford versus Bolton. He's been dangerous but without Hernandez he's the target of the defence.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:06 pm Fully agree Cjay, he needs to start earning his paypacket with the injuries we have !!
He'll struggle without Pablo who is our biggest loss
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

He either steps up and creates or pulls defenders away to create more space for others to do the business. Past few games he's been a bit in between. Being in the danger zone but not putting the ball on target/blocked or being crowded out to thread a killerball through
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

He, like Alioksi and even Pablo, went missing during this game last year. I hope given that experience they have learnt how to play versus Milwall and we put them in their place tomorrow. Huge test of character this especially given the injury crisis - if we come away from The New Den tomorrow with a win, it will show me and many other Leeds fans that unlike last years team, this leeds side is the real deal !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Idiot :evil:

Really poor tonight imo, tried to overplay.

He had a good run, Hull defence backed off, 20yards out, Klich, Pablo, Roofe, Ali, Harrison, Roberts, Philips, practically every player we have would have had a go, why not?

Saiz passed it wide, defenders got back, chance went away.

JUST SHOOT!!!!!!!

But far more annoying was when after some decent work he was in the box, he seemed to have the defender beaten, surely now he would shoot . . .

No, he throws himself to the floor, blatant dive and a good chance wasted because Saiz wouldn't just shoot.

Hate diving, especially when he could easily have had a shot.

Ffs
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Made one good pass in the buildup to the goal.

Apart from that he was poor again.

His only redeeming quality atm is that he is good at running with the ball.

But he often holds on to it far to long which kills attacks or plays the wrong pass or plays a bad pass as he did in the buildup for Blackburns 1st goal.

He has lived of his reputation from early last season for to long now.

The odd good game here and there but largely poor for 12months.

Needs to step up or we need to look for a replacement in January.
Signed

King Cjay

Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:11 pm Made one good pass in the buildup to the goal.

Apart from that he was poor again.

His only redeeming quality atm is that he is good at running with the ball.

But he often holds on to it far to long which kills attacks or plays the wrong pass or plays a bad pass as he did in the buildup for Blackburns 1st goal.

He has lived of his reputation from early last season for to long now.

The odd good game here and there but largely poor for 12months.

Needs to step up or we need to look for a replacement in January.
Agree he is great at turning a marker inside out and running forward with the ball, but his final ball is very poor, if he had Klich’s vision he would be playing at the top level
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Try him with Pablo and see how it goes or play Pablo instead.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

Not surprised, i said i wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in.

Rumours for ages his partner wasnt settled.

His form has dipped.

Good news imo for both of us.

We get some much needed funds and Saiz gets a shot in La Liga.

Just aslong as we actually spend it!!!!!!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Have a lot of sympathies for him and his partner in trying to adapt to another country. Having lived in Spain for 2 1/2 years it is a completely different culture, much more family orientated than here and with them about to have a baby I can understand them wanting to move back to be nearer their families. We moved back to the UK to be nearer to family having had a daughter whilst living in Spain.
If he does move hopefully we can get a decent fee and use it to buy a similar player, or maybe someone promising from the lower leagues (am sure Cjay has a list ready) who can compete with Brown and others for a place in the team.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

be a loss imo but if he's not happy than sell him no point keeping him. been obvious for a while he wasn't happy but poor timing. shame.