Samu Saiz sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Samu Saiz

Post by 1964white »

Heckingbottom spoke to the pres about Saiz after the Brentford game

“We’re trying to improve players,” said Heckingbottom, as quoted by LeedsLive.

“I don’t think I can make Samu better on the ball if I’m honest, he’s a terrific talent, really instinctive but I can definitely make him a better player for the team and that’s what it’s all about, we want to be successful.”
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Poor tonight.

Forgetting his performance I'm sick of him moaning and complaining it drives me insane.

And the spitter was waving imaginary cards again :evil:

He has been a joy at times this season but if he is going to continue that behaviour he can piss off in the summer.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:11 am Poor tonight.

Forgetting his performance I'm sick of him moaning and complaining it drives me insane.

And the spitter was waving imaginary cards again :evil:

He has been a joy at times this season but if he is going to continue that behaviour he can piss off in the summer.
I agree 100%, he is behaving as though no one has the right to tackle him.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:57 pm Yeah let’s all get on the back of the best player we have had in 15 years. As for the imaginary card yes of course it would be ideal if that didn’t happen in the game but we have had lots of red cards recently and on every occasion the opposition has done the same thing. It’s reality if we don’t do it and they do only one team will see cards
He isn't even the best player in the squad now never mind 15 years.

Hernandez is a league above Saiz in terms of talent just happens to be older.

Cook, Snoddy, Jansson, Ross Barkley, Gradel, Hernandez, Wood etc.

What makes Saiz better then them?
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

3 times last night I was frustrated with Saiz, the simple ball was the better option but he decided to run into a cul de sac, doing it more and more.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:15 pm Saiz is plenty better than Hernandez in my opinion. Hernandez is technically brilliant but Saiz beats players more often and constantly tries to put us on the attack. Hernandez has often had to be dropped due to having no effect on away games or even dragged off early because he is a passenger. Would you like me to go on?

Snoddy is the closest on your list. Barkley wasn’t our player and hasn’t set the world alight since. Jansson and Gradel are more fan favourites and potentially overrated although still a good quality. Chris Wood is no better than Lasogga
At 27 Pablo Hernandez was a regular playing for a title Challenging Valencia side finishing 3rd in La Liga getting to the Semi Finals of the Europa League and playing in the Group Stages of the Champions league.

The following season he was a regular and record signing for a Swansea side that finished 9th in the Premier League and won the league cup.

He was also a Spanish international and a Confederations Cup winner.

You cant compare the 2.

Age has started to catch up with Pablo, but at the same age he had everything Saiz does and more.

Talent never leaves you, the body slows down thats all. Saiz isnt in Hernandez league.

He just happens to be younger.

The only reason its up for debate is because its a past his prime Pablo.

Even then you just have to watch the passes Hernandez makes to see his brain is 2 seconds quicker then everyone else.

Despite my Saiz ranting he is one of my favourite players :lol:

For some reason just felt angry towards him since yesterday, dunno if it was the moaning or the stupid behaviour at the end or just how as one of our better players i expected him to do something and he didnt.

I'll agree on the rest somewhat although think Barkley is better certainly.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 pm He moves with the ball in a way that he usually gets fouled therefore has to ask for the free kicks. Stop looking to make our best player a scapegoat
100% agree. He is constantly being kicked and even at times when he manages to ride the foul and carry on (as he did a couple of times v Brentford when the ref then failed to play the advantage) those kicks on the ankle still hurt. The refs seem to think that it is okay for the opposition to kick him just because he moves the ball quickly and it makes it look like the opposition are clumsy rather than cynical - it is still a foul though. Sadly it seems to be the opposition tactic now is to kick him out of the game and also to hope that he will react and get himself sent off.

Whilst I rate Hernandez highly and his ability to spot passes no one else does I feel Saiz is more vital to this team in the way he can take the ball from the edge of our box to the opposition box so quickly (with usually only Alioski keeping up with him - when selected).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:29 pm 100% agree. He is constantly being kicked and even at times when he manages to ride the foul and carry on (as he did a couple of times v Brentford when the ref then failed to play the advantage) those kicks on the ankle still hurt. The refs seem to think that it is okay for the opposition to kick him just because he moves the ball quickly and it makes it look like the opposition are clumsy rather than cynical - it is still a foul though. Sadly it seems to be the opposition tactic now is to kick him out of the game and also to hope that he will react and get himself sent off.

Whilst I rate Hernandez highly and his ability to spot passes no one else does I feel Saiz is more vital to this team in the way he can take the ball from the edge of our box to the opposition box so quickly (with usually only Alioski keeping up with him - when selected).
It's hard to believe fans are slagging off our best attacking player :roll: only Hernandez comes close who is not heavily marked like Samu, at times he has three or four players snapping at him
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:33 pm It's hard to believe fans are slagging off our best attacking player :roll: only Hernandez comes close who is not heavily marked like Samu, at times he has three or four players snapping at him
Its not.

I don't like moaning, whinging petulant footballers.

I dont like the fake card waving.

Don't like squaring up to people after the final whistle.

Dont care who it is.

Just because he plays for us and is a good player, dont care.
If the game went differently yesterday, we win, Saiz plays well, and its Traore acting like Saiz did people on here would be complaining about his behavior, so why should we accept it from our own? double standards.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:29 pm 100% agree. He is constantly being kicked and even at times when he manages to ride the foul and carry on (as he did a couple of times v Brentford when the ref then failed to play the advantage) those kicks on the ankle still hurt. The refs seem to think that it is okay for the opposition to kick him just because he moves the ball quickly and it makes it look like the opposition are clumsy rather than cynical - it is still a foul though. Sadly it seems to be the opposition tactic now is to kick him out of the game and also to hope that he will react and get himself sent off.

The entire first paragraph is no excuse, he isnt the only footballer it happens to.

I'm sure its not pleasant but smile laugh it off and carry on. Posted a video of Messi earlier, he has been getting the treatment Saiz gets for 15 years.

Does he wave fake cards? No.

People like to say "ooh the modern footballers wouldn't last back in the 70s, they would have been kicked to bits".

So how can these same people say that and then moan when these players are kicked like the 70s?

Traore got a few kicks, was he petulant? No.

Theres a way to get your point across without acting like a child dramatically throwing your arms in the air.
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 pm He moves with the ball in a way that he usually gets fouled therefore has to ask for the free kicks. Stop looking to make our best player a scapegoat
Utter nonsense.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:58 pm Its not.

I don't like moaning, whinging petulant footballers.

I dont like the fake card waving.

Don't like squaring up to people after the final whistle.

Dont care who it is.

Just because he plays for us and is a good player, dont care.
If the game went differently yesterday, we win, Saiz plays well, and its Traore acting like Saiz did people on here would be complaining about his behavior, so why should we accept it from our own? double standards.
I see your point Harry

I don't like all his silly antics, he needs to change his behaviour
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 pm I see your point Harry

Answering me and quoting Cjay - shall I refer you to your quoting thread? :twisted:

His antics will only be detrimental to him and Leeds. It means that he is not concentrating on playing to the best of his ability and he gets the reputation of being a whinger.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 pm I see your point Harry

"Know what I mean, 'arry?
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:32 pm "Know what I mean, 'arry?
:)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

radebe88 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:34 am Care to elaborate ? Taking on defenders and drawing them into trying to make tackles ends up with more fouls. It isn’t rocket science pal
Losing possession in a tackle isn't being fouled. It isn't rocket science mate.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

radebe88 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:36 am I can’t agree based on Pablo been good 8 years ago lol. He wasn’t a Leeds player then
How about 1 year ago when Pablo was the only creative spark ?

How about over the last few games while Saiz was sat on the sidelines when Hernandez was inspiring us against some of the leagues top teams?

Dont doubt Saiz has talent but when that pace goes how will he adapt?

Pablo went from a flying winger to a creative number 10 and back to a winger again.

Or just simple numbers, directly involved with 10 goals each in the league.

Saiz is the latest fan golden boy, but Pablo was the original little Spanish star :love:

Anyway my main problem with Saiz was in the post to 64.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pablo & Saiz are our two classiest players without any doubt whatsoever
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fabien Delph or Samu Saiz....?

Leeds players in the last 15 years ...

pick 1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Is it just me who thinks Saiz has been bang average for quite a while now?

Gets an assist yesterday but thats more down to Alioski's good work then Pablo's class.

No goals since November.

Hasnt really featured in the top 3 of a MOTM polls since Brentford.

Is he not bothered anymore, is he just not very good, is it tactics.

Cant say its all down to average players because look at Pablo or Ali or Forshaw who have all featured prominently.
Signed

King Cjay