Samu Saiz sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Samu Saiz

Post by weasel »

Getafe seem to like him the only problem is that they are sitting 4th and got to that level without him and as such aren't going to tinker with a team doing really well. They may well have not had any injuries and as such haven't needed him yet - don't forget how people on here always clamour during the transfer windows for us to buy that top level centre half to come here and sit on the bench to cover us for injuries.
Getafe aren't a rich club so it may be that them finishing 4th is key to any Saiz deal as £6 would be a sizeable outlay for them if they don't have the extra money from qualifying for the Champions League. If he doesn't ed up staying with Getafe I would still expect him to return to Spain, for the personal reasons, and his value wouldn't have increased if he'd been stuck here but not playing to his best.
I don't think there was any situation at the time that was great for us.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Getafe dont want him and Phil thinks we would be lucky to get our money back never mind any profit.

I understand the personal reasons but given what happened to us I'm pretty annoyed at Saiz and am really baffled with us not getting a replacement.

Will Saiz go down as a flop?

Talented on his day but didnt really have the impact that i hoped for.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:44 pm Will Saiz go down as a flop?
Yes
1964white

Samu Saiz - Arrested on match-fixing charge

Post by 1964white »

Saiz arrested in Spain as part of match-fixing investigation

A number of first and second division footballers have been arrested in Spain over suspicions of forming a criminal organisation dedicated to match fixing, according to Spanish reports.

Spanish newspaper El Pais reported on Tuesday that Leeds United forward Samuel Saiz is one of those individuals detained, having spent the season on loan with La Liga side Getafe.

Asked about the report, a spokeswoman for the Spanish police confirmed that there was an open investigation though did not give any details.

According to El Pais, several current footballers were detained by Spanish officials on Tuesday, which included on-loan Leeds player Saiz. The report also claims that former Real Madrid defender Raul Bravo has been allegedly identified as being at the head of the criminal organisation.

Other players to have been arrested includes Deportivo La Coruna’s Inigo Lopez Monatana, recently-retired Borja Fernandez and former striker Carlos Aranda.
1964white

Re: Samu Saiz - Arrested on match-fixing charge

Post by 1964white »

His value just dropped, we'll be lucky to give him away now

Another Orta signing that went tits up :(
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Given how little he played he would have struggled to do much to influence a result. Certainly won't help us sell him.

Doubt you can really put it down as a bad signing for us, when he was on fire he was an absolute bargain but that is why he was cheaper than other players with the same talent. If you bought a player with is talent and knew he was going to perform to his maximum in 7, 8 or 9 games in 10 then he would probably cost more than AR paid for the club.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He didn't even bloody play! Great now we're getting nothing for him. That loan deal was the most ridiculous thing ever.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:39 am That loan deal was the most ridiculous thing ever.
He wanted to be back home close to family after what had been a very tragic personal time for him and his partner. As such a move to Getafe was great fro him as he is from Madrid and Getafe are in Madrid. Spanish families tend to stay in the same area (quite often you will find 3 generations of the same family living in the same house) so I am presuming the majority, if not all, of his family was in Madrid as such it was a great move for him to be close to family. Admittedly the footballing side of things probably didn't work out for him as well as anyone hoped but with him wanting to be close to family I doubt he would have got more playing time at Real Madrid or Athletico Madrid.

Hopefully now, with him having had a few months with family support, he is in a position to better move on with his life and find a club a bit further away from family - although this match fixing thing will not help.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

If true, thankfully we got rid of him, Who wants a match-fixing cheat playing for them.

That Raul Bravo was also on loan to Leeds - can't remember if it was the season we went down or the season before. Either way he didn't play very well for us.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sold to Girona for around £2.5mil
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:25 pm Sold to Girona for around £2.5mil
So with the sales of Pontus & Jack Clarke that's over £15m in the kitty for more signings or not ???

Lets hope we're not gonna spend it on more U23's players whom probably won't feature in the first team this season

I believe the majority of the Costa deal is to be paid up next summer. Am I right in thinking that ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Samu Saiz -

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:51 pm So with the sales of Pontus & Jack Clarke that's over £15m in the kitty for more signings or not ???

Lets hope we're not gonna spend it on more U23's players whom probably won't feature in the first team this season

I believe the majority of the Costa deal is to be paid up next summer. Am I right in thinking that ?
You are but 15M will be hard to find if we miss this season so we should hold back a big chunk of monies earned so far
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:51 pm So with the sales of Pontus & Jack Clarke that's over £15m in the kitty for more signings or not ???

£20.3 in total, apparently plus any of the Rose transfer. £4 spent on loans, £9 in the kitty to keep ffp at bay, lots of underlings shifted out, so big saving on wages. There should be some in the pot for 1 or 2, I would think.
1964white

Samu Saiz sold

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:36 pm There should be some in the pot for 1 or 2, I would think.
Two quality players who would straight into the first team :tup:
1964white

Re: Samu Saiz -

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:04 pm You are but 15M will be hard to find if we miss this season so we should hold back a big chunk of monies earned so far
We've probably got one more season with Bielsa at the helm, we can't afford to fail this time
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Samu Saiz sold

Post by The Subhuman »

Yes maybe ..but nothing in life is a certainty or I'd go put the house on us winning the championship
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:04 pm Yes maybe ..but nothing in life is a certainty or I'd go put the house on us winning the championship
Just think if we make it to the premiership & we lost Bielsa we'd be in a position to attract a decent replacement, much more difficult in the championship
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Seems to be some good managers in the FLC.