Samu Saiz sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Samu Saiz

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Because the others around him are generally on different slower planet. Saiz does need to be less greedy though but this trait is probably born out of sheer frustration as he has planted golden opportunities into Alioski, Lasogga & Vieira's paths in recent games & they have missed 80% of them.

Saiz will leave Leeds for between £10m & £15m next summer if we are still plodding away in the championship
This was mentioned as a criticism when we signed him from some Spanish journalist i remember, dont think its a new thing.
"Has a tendency to try and do the impossible rather then play in better positioned teammates" words to that effect.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Because the others around him are generally on different slower planet. Saiz does need to be less greedy though but this trait is probably born out of sheer frustration as he has planted golden opportunities into Alioski, Lasogga & Vieira's paths in recent games & they have missed 80% of them.

Saiz will leave Leeds for between £10m & £15m next summer if we are still plodding away in the championship
It was almost a rhetorical question Leon because your earlier comments (and those of others) have made it plain that he's our shining star in a gaggle of underachieving inconsistency as soon as an opposition goal goes in.

faaip is correct - the Manager/Head Coach is failing somewhere for so many of our players to go missing like they have.
It's not only fear of the opposition but (somehow) fear of their boss' reaction to failure.

It's a crying shame Leon - we should have known that it was a false start, but they just looked so good (in the main) early on.
It's a shame because Thomas was trying to get us to play the Barca way - pity he can't ask his possible mentor Pep for a bit of guidance in the implementation of his intended methods. faaip is probably right again by asking whether the Championship is the right place to start 'tikki takka'.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good again from Saiz, tried to make things happen, still a touch greedy for me though.

Tbh its not the attacking side that concerns me, its the other end.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/popul ... ds-united/

On another website he paid a flowing tribute to Orta and how he made Saiz feel wanted and had been tracking Saiz since his Boro days.

Lasogga,Saiz,Vieira,Pontus,(insert gk). . We can get that spine back on form we will be a force again :-D
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Typical TC :roll:

Leeds United ace Samuel Saiz has revealed that he has been played out of position at times this season and prefers to be deployed in the playmaker role

The 26-year-old has become a huge fan favourite since his summer arrival from Spanish club Huesca and is a key man at Elland Road.

He has already made 16 appearances for the Whites across all competitions, scoring eight goals and supplying three assists in return.

Manager Thomas Christiansen has used the Spaniard in the free role behind the striker for large part of the campaign, but recently he has been shipped out to the wing.

Leeds have used Kalvin Phillips as a more traditional number 10 in recent weeks and Saiz has operated out wide as a result.

Saiz has explained that he benefits more from playing as a central attacking midfielder and believes he can impact the game more in that position.

“I’m not a big guy [smiles], I’m a very cheeky player, I’m not afraid, I always try to do what comes to mind , I’d say I’m very colourful, my game is quite vertical, I always look forward,” Saiz told Spanish publication Marca.

“On the left wing getting in, with freedom, but I prefer to play as a playmaker: you participate more in the game.”
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Typical TC :roll:

Leeds United ace Samuel Saiz has revealed that he has been played out of position at times this season and prefers to be deployed in the playmaker role

The 26-year-old has become a huge fan favourite since his summer arrival from Spanish club Huesca and is a key man at Elland Road.

He has already made 16 appearances for the Whites across all competitions, scoring eight goals and supplying three assists in return.

Manager Thomas Christiansen has used the Spaniard in the free role behind the striker for large part of the campaign, but recently he has been shipped out to the wing.

Leeds have used Kalvin Phillips as a more traditional number 10 in recent weeks and Saiz has operated out wide as a result.

Saiz has explained that he benefits more from playing as a central attacking midfielder and believes he can impact the game more in that position.

“I’m not a big guy [smiles], I’m a very cheeky player, I’m not afraid, I always try to do what comes to mind , I’d say I’m very colourful, my game is quite vertical, I always look forward,” Saiz told Spanish publication Marca.

“On the left wing getting in, with freedom, but I prefer to play as a playmaker: you participate more in the game.”
Isnt the left where he played vs Bristol with Alioski right Phillips middle and everyone raved about how great it worked :duno:

Although it was a 433 or 4231 . Whichever way you look at it he was the left sided player.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I would say as well that when the formation/system is working well there is lots of interchange between the no.10 and 2 wide men. When Hernandez and Roofe were playing the wide positions they would often be switching with Saiz and making the opposition players not know who to mark.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another great show from Samu . . .he truly has been a star. . . . .

However, he is still a tad selfish for me, and he is getting dispossessed to much, the one near our box sticks out, that could have been costly.
Dont want to have to much of a go at him, but there is a time to dribble it and a time to thump it as far as you can.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote:Another great show from Samu . . .he truly has been a star. . . . .

However, he is still a tad selfish for me, and he is getting dispossessed to much, the one near our box sticks out, that could have been costly.
Dont want to have to much of a go at him, but there is a time to dribble it and a time to thump it as far as you can.
I agree. Needs to learn still when to pass and when to take a player on in my opinion. In the Premier league against faster and more powerful players he will get found out quickly if he doesn't learn
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Another great show from Samu . . .he truly has been a star. . . . .
A joy to watch.....plays the game with a smile on his face :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:I agree. Needs to learn still when to pass and when to take a player on in my opinion. In the Premier league against faster and more powerful players he will get found out quickly if he doesn't learn
Thought Wolves sussed Siaz out but they are the best team in the championship by a mile
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote:I agree. Needs to learn still when to pass and when to take a player on in my opinion. In the Premier league against faster and more powerful players he will get found out quickly if he doesn't learn
Yep, perhaps the reason that despite his obvious talent he hasnt played at a higher level, yet.

Technically Premier League class, just a bit careless sometimes, sorts that out and he is destined for a higher league.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:A joy to watch.....plays the game with a smile on his face :)
And a great deal of emotion, arm waving and praying :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:And a great deal of emotion, arm waving and praying :lol:
Imagine this team had we signed him & Alioski last season

Green

Ayling Bartley Jansson Taylor or Berardi

Phillips Vieira

Alioski Saiz Hernandez

Wood
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Imagine this team had we signed him & Alioski last season

Green

Ayling Bartley Jansson Taylor or Berardi

Phillips Vieira

Alioski Saiz Hernandez

Wood
Thats top 2 material.

Sad really, all we needed last season was 1) someone to share the goal load with Wood. 2)someone to share the creative duties with Pablo.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Thats top 2 material.

Sad really, all we needed last season was 1) someone to share the goal load with Wood. 2)someone to share the creative duties with Pablo.
Yes I reckoned we'd have been challenging for an automatic place. We had no creativity going forward last season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Yes I reckoned we'd have been challenging for an automatic place. We had no creativity going forward last season
Suppose the other way of looking at it is we arent a million miles away from what we need.

Cb, lb and gk.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ampionship

Really pleased about this, hopefully with Pontus in his ear he will learn and get rid of that one major flaw.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Worst performance so far from Samu.

Still to greedy, still getting dispossessed to much and there was very little creativity which has helped overshadow his deficiencies before.

And getting booked for whinging is ridiculous.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Worst performance so far from Samu.

Still to greedy, still getting dispossessed to much and there was very little creativity which has helped overshadow his deficiencies before.

And getting booked for whinging is ridiculous.
Yes an off-night for Samu

Poor !