Samu Saiz sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Samu Saiz

Post by rab_rant »

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:13 pm Have a lot of sympathies for him and his partner in trying to adapt to another country. Having lived in Spain for 2 1/2 years it is a completely different culture, much more family orientated than here and with them about to have a baby I can understand them wanting to move back to be nearer their families. We moved back to the UK to be nearer to family having had a daughter whilst living in Spain.
If he does move hopefully we can get a decent fee and use it to buy a similar player, or maybe someone promising from the lower leagues (am sure Cjay has a list ready) who can compete with Brown and others for a place in the team.
So you are back in the UK Weasel.....north or south ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:47 pm So you are back in the UK Weasel.....north or south ?
Living near Oldham - a mile or so from Yorkshire boundary.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A No.10 that doesn't score goals :shock:

Good luck to Samu, hope he finds the happiness back home in Spain
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:51 pm Living near Oldham - a mile or so from Yorkshire boundary.
Not far from where you use to live in Macclesfield, must be a totally different environment to sunny Spain

Hopefully we'll avoid the forecasted snow in the Pennines on our way to & fro Bolton this Saturday
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-uni ... g-sincere/

Having read this the club have done the right thing.

Saiz doesnt not love Leeds the club the place the fans.

His wife wants to be close to her family and now can fully understand why.

Good luck to them both. :love:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

That was a good read. So often we reduce everything to the brass and ambition,
and that is what we tend to concentrate on, forgetting about family, cancer scares,
losts babies, and new pregnancies. Samu is human with human emotions, and we
as fans tend to forget that sometimes, since it is all about football, with tracking back,
tackles, assists, and goal.

Those are the things that tend to satisfy us, but not always the player.
I hope Samu continues to sing his own song wherever he may be.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Saiz to Getafe confirmed on the club Website.

Loan with a view to permanent in the summer, he will remain in Madrid till January when the move becomes official.

Mixed on this.

Having read the article above its the right thing to do on a human level, somethings are more important then football.

On a football level its lunacy and the club should have let him go in the summer when we could have got a good fee and a replacement.

There is no way this has developed over the last few weeks, so why the club refused to sell him I'm not sure.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe to get us the start we did ...and which he was a big part of. I don't think he's worth big money.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:08 pm Saiz to Getafe confirmed on the club Website.

Loan with a view to permanent in the summer, he will remain in Madrid till January when the move becomes official.

Mixed on this.

Having read the article above its the right thing to do on a human level, somethings are more important then football.

On a football level its lunacy and the club should have let him go in the summer when we could have got a good fee and a replacement.

There is no way this has developed over the last few weeks, so why the club refused to sell him I'm not sure.
The trouble is you can't really force him to stay especially if it would then likely see his partner move back to Spain and Saiz stuck here. I don't doubt this has been ongoing for a while, possibly since summer, but the club persuaded him to stay till January - possibly hoping he would stay the full season but also with the knowledge that Brown would likely be fit by January and be a natural replacement - but who knows how that will turn out.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm The trouble is you can't really force him to stay especially if it would then likely see his partner move back to Spain and Saiz stuck here. I don't doubt this has been ongoing for a while, possibly since summer, but the club persuaded him to stay till January - possibly hoping he would stay the full season but also with the knowledge that Brown would likely be fit by January and be a natural replacement - but who knows how that will turn out.
Think the club did convince him to stay, maybe he didnt push as hard. Dont think he was unhappy here, dont think his wife was either.

But i think there personal problems took there tole, especially for his wife and all she wanted was to be close to her family, which i understand.

Just hope the club dont think Brown will do, if that was the plan all along then they are very misguided and well, cheap.

Bielsa has spoken of Saiz in glowing terms as "the only player who can do certain things".

So that surely means they know that they dont have a replacement in the squad?

For what its worth i dont think Bielsa is happy about this, was very aloof in his press conference.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think that settles that.

This was never about football.

Wish him and his family well.
Signed

King Cjay

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

too fat to play for Leeds anyway!

Good luck Samu. and i hope we make a few Bob out of you
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Think that settles that.

This was never about football.

Wish him and his family well.
Was told last weekend that his wife/partner gave birth to twins & sadly they lost one of them

Good luck Samu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Good luck to Samu was a real joy to watch him when he was on song. Having had a baby in a foreign country (Spain) when me and the missus lived over there I completely understand his missus wanting to return home especially after losing one of the twins. With neither myself or the missus speaking Spanish we went to a private clinic throughout the pregnancy where a Spanish Doctor spoke excellent english, however it still isn't the same as if it was an english doctor speaking the same language. The birth itself was in the local hospital (would have cost £5k+ to go private for the birth) and for the most part we didn't know exactly what was going on. Thankfully it was straightforward but if there had been anything going wrong then could you imagine trying to make decisions through a translator (think of Bielsa's press conferences and the problems and length of time it takes with questions back and forth going through a translator and still sometimes the answers aren't really to the exact point of the question). Now whilst Samu and his missus were no doubt at a private clinic and probably a Spanish doctor or two it would have still been a much more stressful experience, made even worse by the tragedy, by the lack of easy communication.

If anything had gone wrong for us then we would have had no family around us (my Dad was set to fly out but our baby came 3 weeks early) and if Samu and his partner want to be nearer family at this time then that is completely understandable.

Because so many footballers play abroad people seem to accept it as a normal situation but it isn't. Usually it is a player landing in a foreign country and not being able to speak the language and with little family/friends around to support them. We went over to Spain thinking we would learn the language and mingle with the locals and not become the cliched English abroad sticking together with other english but it doesn't work out that way. It isn't just the language but a different culture. Different food, different way of life, watching different tv, different sense of humour, different climate etc and as such a lot less in common.
hector

Post by hector »

good post..

having lived in the Canary Islands for 3 years I agree completely, and the worst I had to do medically wise was go to a dentist.......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Must admit I put off going to the dentist until a filling fell out. Absolutely great though and a lot cheaper than the uk. Couldn't really communicate with the dentist though even though he'd studied in America and spoke English. Trying to explain I wanted white filling instead of the metal ones was a challenge - only to find out they only do the white ones in Spain!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Yes good post weasel. I worked in the middle east for 11.5 years in the dentistry dept of a hospital. Luckily we lived on compounds with other expats (docfors and dentists) so we felt at home quite quickly. We were well looked after and had the use of tennis courts, swimming pools volley ball squash etc and had our own restaurant. It was like family. We had to use interpreters in the surgeries though and yes, it does make the job longer, and sometimes we had to wait for one to arrive and sometimes the patient totally got the wrong end of the stick!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:21 pm good post..

having lived in the Canary Islands for 3 years I agree completely, and the worst I had to do medically wise was go to a dentist.......
Oh my dear hector. How I would have loved to have had you as a patient in MY dental chair.... :span: :hamr: ..... :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

:lol: