Samu Saiz sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Samu Saiz

Post by 1964white » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Cjay wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Think that settles that.

This was never about football.

Wish him and his family well.
Was told last weekend that his wife/partner gave birth to twins & sadly they lost one of them

Good luck Samu

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Good luck to Samu was a real joy to watch him when he was on song. Having had a baby in a foreign country (Spain) when me and the missus lived over there I completely understand his missus wanting to return home especially after losing one of the twins. With neither myself or the missus speaking Spanish we went to a private clinic throughout the pregnancy where a Spanish Doctor spoke excellent english, however it still isn't the same as if it was an english doctor speaking the same language. The birth itself was in the local hospital (would have cost £5k+ to go private for the birth) and for the most part we didn't know exactly what was going on. Thankfully it was straightforward but if there had been anything going wrong then could you imagine trying to make decisions through a translator (think of Bielsa's press conferences and the problems and length of time it takes with questions back and forth going through a translator and still sometimes the answers aren't really to the exact point of the question). Now whilst Samu and his missus were no doubt at a private clinic and probably a Spanish doctor or two it would have still been a much more stressful experience, made even worse by the tragedy, by the lack of easy communication.

If anything had gone wrong for us then we would have had no family around us (my Dad was set to fly out but our baby came 3 weeks early) and if Samu and his partner want to be nearer family at this time then that is completely understandable.

Because so many footballers play abroad people seem to accept it as a normal situation but it isn't. Usually it is a player landing in a foreign country and not being able to speak the language and with little family/friends around to support them. We went over to Spain thinking we would learn the language and mingle with the locals and not become the cliched English abroad sticking together with other english but it doesn't work out that way. It isn't just the language but a different culture. Different food, different way of life, watching different tv, different sense of humour, different climate etc and as such a lot less in common.
Senor El Weasel

hector

Post by hector » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:21 pm

good post..

having lived in the Canary Islands for 3 years I agree completely, and the worst I had to do medically wise was go to a dentist.......
Ever start typing something and then forget what

:) :)

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Must admit I put off going to the dentist until a filling fell out. Absolutely great though and a lot cheaper than the uk. Couldn't really communicate with the dentist though even though he'd studied in America and spoke English. Trying to explain I wanted white filling instead of the metal ones was a challenge - only to find out they only do the white ones in Spain!
Senor El Weasel

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Yes good post weasel. I worked in the middle east for 11.5 years in the dentistry dept of a hospital. Luckily we lived on compounds with other expats (docfors and dentists) so we felt at home quite quickly. We were well looked after and had the use of tennis courts, swimming pools volley ball squash etc and had our own restaurant. It was like family. We had to use interpreters in the surgeries though and yes, it does make the job longer, and sometimes we had to wait for one to arrive and sometimes the patient totally got the wrong end of the stick!

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 pm

hector wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:21 pm
good post..

having lived in the Canary Islands for 3 years I agree completely, and the worst I had to do medically wise was go to a dentist.......
Oh my dear hector. How I would have loved to have had you as a patient in MY dental chair.... :span: :hamr: ..... :lol:

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 am

:lol:

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Norm wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 am
:lol:
Unfortunately Norm, I don't think dear hector has seen it :roflmao:

hector

Post by hector » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 am

I have, but am strill receiving therapy because of the thought of it!!! :shock: :shock:

:verysad:
Ever start typing something and then forget what

:) :)

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Bielsa on Saiz. He says he trusts that the club might the right decision to allow him to go. However, he says he can’t be happy to be missing one of his 18 man squad who played 80% of the season & was a starter in the side when he left.

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:19 am

hector wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 am
I have, but am strill receiving therapy because of the thought of it!!! :shock: :shock:

:verysad:
:rol:
You know I wouldn't hurt you. Just teasing you, as you do me :)

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Leeds have allowed the unsettled Saiz to return home to Spain to join Getafe
on loan from January 1 with a view to making the move permanent in the summer.

It is understood they will receive a loan fee of close to £500,000 plus £5.8million
when the transfer becomes permanent.

Saiz, 27, cost Leeds around £3million from Huesca in July 2017 and had
two-and-a-half years on his current deal.
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm

This is my main issue this window.

Bielsa was correct when he said, I'm paraphrasing, "Saiz gas a unique set of skills that nobody else has".

That was imo the ability to carry the ball at pace.

James and Jozefzoon were that type of player so its clearly something MB wanted and we havent got now, unless maybe Bogusz.

But given we havent replaced Samu have Radz and Orta let MB down?

MB has been loyal but he wanted a replacement, thats obvious.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Cjay wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm
But given we havent replaced Samu have Radz and Orta let MB down?
Jeez it's beginning to get a bit like when Clive hijacked every thread to have a go at Hecky.
Senor El Weasel

YorkshireSquare
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:35 pm

I see Roberts featuring more in the attacking midfield roles, likewise Brown is nearly back to fitness so we'll have a couple of options.

It's pretty hard to go out and and buy a player with a "unique set of skills that nobody else has" in January. Especially if you are targeting James for around the £6 million mark.
Help the site by making your Amazon purchases through our afiliate link.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:40 pm

weasel wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Jeez it's beginning to get a bit like when Clive hijacked every thread to have a go at Hecky.
And he was absolutely spot on . . Just saying. :)

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:41 pm

Orta and Rads have done a cracking job so far...more power to them
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:39 pm

YorkshireSquare wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:35 pm
I see Roberts featuring more in the attacking midfield roles, likewise Brown is nearly back to fitness so we'll have a couple of options.

It's pretty hard to go out and and buy a player with a "unique set of skills that nobody else has" in January. Especially if you are targeting James for around the £6 million mark.
This :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:54 pm

James looked like he was being bought to play wing or no.10 dependant on our need.
Senor El Weasel

Bally
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bally » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:25 pm

weasel wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm
What's happened to Clive don't see him post much now?

Advertisment