Kemar Roofe

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Kemar Roofe

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Prefer Roofe' work rate, the fact he makes it difficult for defenders and has good football IQ even if he still struggles to put that into practice. Got in more scoring positions in 5 minutes than Lassoga did all game. Then seemingly banished to the wing once Grot came on.
Yes Roofe did :tup:

Then TC struck again with his policy of playing players out of their natural position

Our tactical genius lost the game for us in the end :x
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brilliant.

Lovely playfor the 2nd, never stopped moving, worked your butt off.

Deserve to start vs wolves
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble with Roofe is that he isn't really naturally suited to any position in the current formation and this was the same last year. For me he would be best employed in a 2 man frontline alongside a player in the Wood/Lasogga mould. I just don't see him scoring enough goals as a lone frontman (contrast to Lasogga who has scored 5 despite all the over the top criticism).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm biased I know he's good
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:The trouble with Roofe is that he isn't really naturally suited to any position in the current formation and this was the same last year. For me he would be best employed in a 2 man frontline alongside a player in the Wood/Lasogga mould. I just don't see him scoring enough goals as a lone frontman (contrast to Lasogga who has scored 5 despite all the over the top criticism).
Love his energy & enthusiam in the striker role but I'm with you I can't see Roofe scoring a hatful of goals as he isn't a natural goalscorer at this level. However I would start Roofe in the No.9 role v Wolves as I tipped up on the Boro' match thread. With Saiz, Hernandez & Alioski around him & our two young kids doing the business in our engine-room we should be able to play to Roofe's strengths even when playing a big physical team as we did yesterday v Boro'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wolves stats.
Touches-10
Passes-4
Pass accuracy -50%
Shots-1
Shots on target-1
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ekuban has more touches and passes in his cameo then Roofe, says it all and we had 10 men when Ekuban came on.

Not much service but no excuse.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Superb attacking play today.

The movement for the 1st and 2nd was class.

Bit fortunate with the 3rd maybe, but deserved his hattrick.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Most complete performance I’ve seen from Roofe today, linked up play, was strong with the ball and got his goals - real top notch today, looked to have moved up a level.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he's looked this good most of the season, just today he was forced by circumstance into playing his favoured role. His movement has always been excellent but often missed, he can finish and he's always been a clever footballer with very quick feet.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote:I think he's looked this good most of the season, just today he was forced by circumstance into playing his favoured role. His movement has always been excellent but often missed, he can finish and he's always been a clever footballer with very quick feet.
Thought he did well out wide today as well, was our best player first half when we didn’t play so well. Don’t disagree with any of the comments but he influenced the game for 90 mins today, been a bit more patchy for me before. - really pleased for Keemar- always applies himself and gives his all and just does his best wherever he’s asked to play.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Didn't watch the game, but just seen the highlights and he took his goals well. I'm not his greatest fan, but fair do's to him today.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top class finishing from Roofe today

Didn't think Kemar had it in him to score a brace or a hat-trick at this level, had some great service but wow he took his chances of an accomplished striker.

Really pleased for him :-D
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Finally got back to being played as striker again. How many goals has he got to score from that position to prove its his best position?
Got to wonder how good we'd be with Roofe and Ekuban playing as a front pair?
But has Christiansen got the balls to play three at the back to accommodate ?
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Hopefully he can prove a few people, myself included, wrong and keep scoring in that position. Full credit to him he took his chances very well.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The concern is Roofe has shown he is capable before,but then he has been awful next game.
Boro game-superb
Wolves game-awful.

His stats vs Wolves were pathetic (Ekuban bettered them in much less time)

Dont expect him to score every game, but do expect him to be involved positively.

Good strikers make an impact somehow, Ekuban has and he hasnt scored, Lassie has done nothing before in games but has found a goal or an assist.

This is what Roofe must do, make an impact on a consistent basis, be it link up like Ekuban or goals and assists like Lassie.

As the lone front man you have to be contributing positively and consistently
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote:The concern is Roofe has shown he is capable before,but then he has been awful next game.
Boro game-superb
Wolves game-awful.

His stats vs Wolves were pathetic (Ekuban bettered them in much less time)

Dont expect him to score every game, but do expect him to be involved positively.

Good strikers make an impact somehow, Ekuban has and he hasnt scored, Lassie has done nothing before in games but has found a goal or an assist.

This is what Roofe must do, make an impact on a consistent basis, be it link up like Ekuban or goals and assists like Lassie.

As the lone front man you have to be contributing positively and consistently
You know what I think about stats...he was probably one of the better players v wolves.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've personally have never seen him play badly when playing up front
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:You know what I think about stats...he was probably one of the better players v wolves.
Without sitting down and counting his touches and passes vs wolves myself cant be sure there accurate, but these websites are trusted so i trust them.

We shall agree to disagree on stats :-D

He is however an intelligent footballer as you said somewhere, lets hope he can perform similarly to today next weekend :-D
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

What the stats don't show is how much he moves in and around the box,. drawing away the defenders and thus leaving space for the other attacking players... We seem to have more shots at goal when he is playing, even if they are not by him....
His work rate and ethic is to be applauded... Strange how well he can play when in his natural position and not on the wing......