Kemar Roofe

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kemar Roofe

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:34 pm Damaged Knee ligaments.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

No timescale for return.

I'm not buying all these injuries are just bad luck.

Luckily we strengthened the attacking areas in January, especially as we lost players. . . Oh.

Meh step forward Tyler Roberts

Huge pressure on Izzy Brown and Paddy Bamford now, we need them to stay fit :(
"Hopefully by the end of the season" isn't promising at all.

If not bad luck, then what? He did ligament damage in a game. I hardly think we're trying to get players injured.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

The lack of investment in Jan, whether through penny pinching or Bielsa's wishes, is now really hitting us hard. When you compare what we have left left up top compared to the riches of West Brom, and likes of Sheff Utd who have 4 decent strikers for this level, we really were so stupid not to make that extra effort to strengthen.

I pray to god that this doesnt cost us auto promotion but I am getting increasingly worried where the goals will come from moving forward. Lack of Options other than Bamford tells the story and with him still feeling he's way back into things, we are teetering on the brink of a heavy fall :-(
Last edited by Gurj on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:52 pm "Hopefully by the end of the season" isn't promising at all.

If not bad luck, then what? He did ligament damage in a game. I hardly think we're trying to get players injured.
I dunno man I'm no doctor just find it really weird that we have all these injuries, its not normal, its not even close to normal, whats that now 45 injuries , enough for 2 each per squad member?

Bielsa is famous for pushing players to there absolutele limits and Price has been criticised before for his reinjury rate, Torres at Liverpool, Hull fans said similar about him.

If its just bad luck we must be cursed :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:36 pm Take note MB, You cannot go into a season of 46 games with just 2 strikers. I'm not a football coach but even common sense tells you this. Strictly speaking he's not even a striker so Leeds have effectively gone into the season with 1 striker and he's been out for most of it. Honestly this club gets more ridiculous as each season passes.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
If Roofe is not a striker what is he?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote: If Roofe is not a striker what is he?
Let me re-phrase that; he's not what I would call a centre-forward but someone who is more suited to playing off of a centre-forward . Yes he's got his fair share of goals this season and has done a fantastic job for the team but had Bamford been fit all season Roofe wouldn't have been chosen to play has main striker as is the case now. The main point is going into a season with just 2 players as your main goalscoring threat is ludicrous .

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

We went into the season with 3 strikers, Bamford, Roofe and Roberts - don't forget Roberts is a Welsh international and has actually got a decent goals return in the few games he has played up front for us. Given that we play with just 1 up front then is the club meant to pay a few million more for a player to be a bench warmer and push Roberts further away from the first team? Don't forget that Roberts cost the club £3m+ and also don't forget that in trying to sign Dan James we were also signing someone who could play in a few positions including up front if needed. Oh and we also have some youth talent too.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

With Bamford, Brown and Roberts fit we should be ok :tup:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Yep, I'm sure we'll be fine as long they stay fit and score goals.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

While it's a shame he's injured again, he only has 1 goal in 8 games, so the idea he's our only goal threat is a bit silly.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

14 in 24 for the season though..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

4 in his last 8 playing striker ...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

True, but my point was more that we have goals over the pitch rather than being entirely reliant on Roofe.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Speaking to Radio X, he said:

“I suffered damage to my lateral ligament and I’ll be out for six to eight weeks"

“I’ll be back for the final six or seven games, maybe a bit sooner. Every game is like a final now, each three points is massive.”
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Roofe on Bielsa: "We worked so hard in training and preseason"

"I think it was easy.

Just because we worked so hard in training and in pre-season. He wanted to get us in two weeks sooner. Just to work on everything he wanted.

And it’s not just football it is education as well.

If it was easy anyone could do it, and we know that’s not true. Bielsa’s genius really is getting all of the players on the same program from the very beginning of preseason. It’s not complicated, but it is unique. And again, if it was “easy” everyone, even Frank Lampard, could do it, but they can’t"
1964white

Re: Kemar Roofe on Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Ran the channels well, sublime finish & back to his best at Derby

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.17.36.png
Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.17.36.png (203.27 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

We gave had such awful luck with injuries this season. Never seen anything like it.

Hopefully it's just the next game, and hopefully we get through it!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CJay will be happy with Bamford back in. I think we have to alter the way we play as his movement is poor and defenders can relax as no pace..He's a good forward with ball at feet but that needs someone playing off him and non of our mids seem to be able to do that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:09 pm CJay will be happy with Bamford back in. I think we have to alter the way we play as his movement is poor and defenders can relax as no pace..He's a good forward with ball at feet but that needs someone playing off him and non of our mids seem to be able to do that.
I think Bamford is a more talented player then Roofe, tiz just my view but Roofe suits the style more.

Dont like having to rely on one or the other though same as we have all season largely.

Its nice to have options.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom